GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What next after stage 2?

Jlove8128

Ready to race!
wooooah we have all heard that before

lol I said I was only doing a stage 1 tune and stopping. We can debate all day what's worth the money and what power the car can handle. The truth of the matter is do what you think is wise. I got to a point where stage 2 was just too slow. At that time I said ok am I trading it in or going Ko4. I was only willing to buy a MK7 R or an S3. Financially it made more sense to go Ko4. I don't regret my decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beygan

Ready to race!
Hmm.. Perhaps you guys are right. It was speculated on about the legitimacy of "stage 2" previously, thinking it would probably be more fitting to call it stage 1 plus. Cause I mean, exhaust and intake bolt ons and a tune doesnt exactly help the car make an amount of power that is as noticeable as a stage 1 tune or stage 3 k04, right?

Either way, its all speculation from a guy who hasn't experienced the supposed 40hp bump of stage one nor the 100hp+ bump of k04 stage 3..so excuse me if anything.

But as a stage 1, modestly assuming a 20-30hp bump from 200break, it should make a small car like the golf go pretty fast with 220-240hp right? Maybe I'm just thinking to small.

jeter1

lol I said I was only doing a stage 1 tune and stopping. We can debate all day what's worth the money and what power the car can handle. The truth of the matter is do what you think is wise. I got to a point where stage 2 was just too slow. At that time I said ok am I trading it in or going Ko4. I was only willing to buy a MK7 R or an S3. Financially it made more sense to go Ko4. I don't regret my decision.

After stage 2 what else all do I need done on my car to go ko4 ?

Jlove8128

Ready to race!
After stage 2 what else all do I need done on my car to go ko4 ?

Nothing technically. But you want a more efficient Intercooler, definitely a better clutch then stock.

Jlove8128

Ready to race!
Hmm.. Perhaps you guys are right. It was speculated on about the legitimacy of "stage 2" previously, thinking it would probably be more fitting to call it stage 1 plus. Cause I mean, exhaust and intake bolt ons and a tune doesnt exactly help the car make an amount of power that is as noticeable as a stage 1 tune or stage 3 k04, right?

Either way, its all speculation from a guy who hasn't experienced the supposed 40hp bump of stage one nor the 100hp+ bump of k04 stage 3..so excuse me if anything.

But as a stage 1, modestly assuming a 20-30hp bump from 200break, it should make a small car like the golf go pretty fast with 220-240hp right? Maybe I'm just thinking to small.

No disrespect meant by that, I just think back to telling my wife "no really this is it just the tune and I am done". Lol you always want more out of the car. I can only assume I will want more power then the ko4 eventually but it is a beast regardless. At that point I know I will want an all wheel drive car so it can lay the power down better.

Last edited:

adema69

Ready to race!
My personal 2 cents do the k04 the huge gain in torque over the stock turbo is nice and the horsepower is as well. Upgrade the suspension as well sway bars coil overs nice tires brakes and you'll be plenty happy.
I had a big turbo 1.8t gt3076 the power was amazing there ahah but compared to the mk6 gti ko4 its equally as fun honestly can take it on a twist mountain road and just have at it.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
A limited slip is imperative in my opinion. With k04 1st and 2nd need babied or you will just spin the tires trying to accelerate. Tires help a lot, but so will the LSD. It also helps in corners and in the winter, so it was a no brainer for me. When I had my clutch done, I had them do the LSD.