GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What was your last car?

BuchWash

Passed Driver's Ed
My last car was a 2007 CTS-V, lease. Various problems including engine mount failure but all handled by an excellent Cadillac dealer, and mostly under warranty. Awful mileage (which may have had a little to do with my driving style, but mostly the 6 liter Corvette LS engine). Scary fast and, until I learned to drive it well, a propensity for snapping the rear out under hard accel. Nevertheless I loved it and would have kept it but at lease end the number was unreasonably large and GMAC 'doesn't do deals'. No regrets, not now. The VI GTI is a wonderfully complete package, puts me in better communication with the road, and has plenty of juice. I'm delighted with the performance and I'm already getting twice the mileage. This one is a purchase. Maybe a chip later on.

04yllwTJ

'04 Wrangler Sport. I paid it off in May, and beat on it too much to get any money on a trade so I still own it. I was planning on doing more with it (going bigger) but now it looks like I've got another money pit haha. Unfortunately there aren't many places to take it near where I live right now. Oh well.

Attachments

• CIMG1092_2.jpg
    CIMG1092_2.jpg
    398.8 KB · Views: 461

nyte3k

Ready to race!
'04 Wrangler Sport. I paid it off in May, and beat on it too much to get any money on a trade so I still own it. I was planning on doing more with it (going bigger) but now it looks like I've got another money pit haha. Unfortunately there aren't many places to take it near where I live right now. Oh well.

wranglers are very nice cars actually... i really like the Unlimited. I just don't go off road and i prefer cars 9 times out of 10 :)

evoljetta1

1991 Audi coupe quattro...great car but after a bad fuel pump and 3 weeks later the clutch went..needed a a more reliable daily runner..

Brum85

Passed Driver's Ed
Gave up my 2004 Honda Civic EX Sedan about two weeks ago. Haven't looked back. My Mk6 GTI has so much more power; I absolutely love it.

Pretty much the best purchase of my young life. Biggest problem so far is staying under the speed limit.

Boost_Addict

2004 Mazda3, the first 3-4 years of ownership was wonderful. But after that, the body started to rust and one of the bearings went bad. sold it for a little under 1/3 if what I paid for it. And I won't buy Mazda ever again, not because their cars drive badly, but rust on a car after 4 years is unacceptable.

Have a MK6 GTI on order and having a 12 year corrosion warranty was one of many deciding factors why I purchased it.

subdoc

Passed Driver's Ed
2008 VW Jetta SE. I really like the quality construction of a VW.

gschwarz

2005 Volvo S40 T5. Way more torque than GTI and better ride in certain ways. I had been loyal to VW from 1988 to 2005. Then switched to Volvo for four years and now back to VW. I have nothing against Volvo, I have to say that the S40 is the best car I have ever had, period.

GTI definitely more fun to drive and addictive, best value for your money, unbeatable European good taste, sexy design, quality, etc.

Rob2.5

Ready to race!
I had a 2002 dodge neon before my golf mk6. Not looking back. I wanted to make it a srt-4 clone but after all the money I started dumping into exterior parts I said eff it and sold the neon and got my baby =)

Then

Now

Last edited:

jmatero

Passed Driver's Ed
2008 Mazda MX-5... tried my favorite off-ramp on the way home from picking up the GTI... oops... man, nothing handles the curves like that little mazda.

Dmans_GTI

My last ride was a 2005 C6 Corvette. It was a cool fast car but living in PA I only really drove the car in the summer so got tired of it sitting around. Want a cool car to mod up and enjoy so I went and bought my first VW a 2010 Carbon steel GTI. LOVE IT! more fun to drive that every day