GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What was your last car?

dowright82

WRX Convert
'08 Subaru STI, modded to stg II HP/TRQ output. Do I miss it? Not a fucking chance. The GTI actually corners flatter and has WAY better steering input and feedback. I don't need AWD in Texas and frankly don't miss the grip or the sketchy transmission.

Before that, it was an '07 Subaru legacy GT 5MT, an '04 Subaru STI, stg II (do miss that beast) and an '02 350Z.

Here's a pic of the last car:

Man, we've had a similar history

My recent cars include:

2006 Legacy GT Stage 2 + Springs/Sways/Tires put 35k miles on it in 14 months.
2006 WRX - stock, only owned a couple weeks before I realized I wanted the legacy instead
2004 WRX stage 2.5 - Was (at the time of 2005) my DREAM CAR. Loved that car to death - - - -

mikecheck

2006 BMW 530 xi touring wagon. loved the general build quality, switchgear/tactile refinement and engine feel/sound of the car and loved all the luxury options, but too big and heavy of a car. not sporty enough. not a turbo. much prefer the size and general feel and sporty character or my 2010 golf tdi. also getting twice the mileage and cost 1/3 as much. wish i could've gotten it fully loaded like the bmw though.

nyte3k

Ready to race!
2006 BMW 530 xi touring wagon. loved the general build quality, switchgear/tactile refinement and engine feel/sound of the car and loved all the luxury options, but too big and heavy of a car. not sporty enough. not a turbo. much prefer the size and general feel and sporty character or my 2010 golf tdi. also getting twice the mileage and cost 1/3 as much. wish i could've gotten it fully loaded like the bmw though.

TDI's are a hard find around here. I think i've only seen 1 or 2 out of the local dealers here. (and there are about 6 VW dealerships in the metro area)

sunsation288

Passed Driver's Ed
2009 SI .... :burnrubber:

Attachments

• P1050172 (Small).JPG
    P1050172 (Small).JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 285

roadking26

Passed Driver's Ed
Last car was a 2005 Pontiac Bonneville GXP (NorthStar V8). While the Bonnie was a nice car, it was typical of American cars -- really nice for about 20K, then the troubles started -- troubles associated with GM selecting/using the cheapest pieces and parts. Anyway, at 50K I was up to my eyeballs with fixing stuff all the time. I bought my Carbon Steel GTI MKVI on Halloween 09. My last VW was an 84 MKI -- what a frellin' blast that little guy was! The MKVI has put the smile back on my face -- love the little car: fast, brakes and handling are fantastic, and 26+ MPG is a real plus. I'm an SCCA member and once I get over the newness of the GTI, he'll be on the solo courses this summer.

blueshirts0819

Ready to race!
My last car was a 08 G35x. It was a leased car and my lease was up a week ago. The car drives great but the fuel cost was a little too much. I get only about 18-20 mpg,
The previous car was a tsx and also a lease. Before that a 02 accord coupe special addition, it was a replacement car after my 08 accord which was total in a car accidental.
My very first car was a 88 accord. All my previous car are japanese and this is my first german car.

rmeraz

Previous: 2008 Rabbit United Grey

My first VW lease had a smooth ride with plenty of power. My only complaint was once the Rabbit was in motion, if you hit the gas, it would hesitate to downshift and I almost got rear ended a couple of times when I merged to another lane and punched it. It took a while to take off, but once it did it was gone.

I haven’t found anything bad about the GTI. It’s simply one of the best cars I’ve ever driven. I only wish I bought it with HID lights! It’s killing me. The dealer did not have any and I couldn’t wait, plus I got a great deal on this one.. Sticker 27900 with DSG, sunroof, Dynamic radio, Blue Tooth, and 18” Detroit wheels, negotiated down to 25000. Probably not the best deal, but I don’t feel too bad about it. Except for the lights!

mdashali

Ready to race!
Previous: 2008 Rabbit United Grey

My first VW lease had a smooth ride with plenty of power. My only complaint was once the Rabbit was in motion, if you hit the gas, it would hesitate to downshift and I almost got rear ended a couple of times when I merged to another lane and punched it. It took a while to take off, but once it did it was gone.

I haven’t found anything bad about the GTI. It’s simply one of the best cars I’ve ever driven. I only wish I bought it with HID lights! It’s killing me. The dealer did not have any and I couldn’t wait, plus I got a great deal on this one.. Sticker 27900 with DSG, sunroof, Dynamic radio, Blue Tooth, and 18” Detroit wheels, negotiated down to 25000. Probably not the best deal, but I don’t feel too bad about it. Except for the lights!

I too hate that I don't have the Xenon's but couldn't find one in the color I wanted without any options.

Is yours a 4D or 2D? If it is a 4D, then I would say you got a killer deal!
I got my 4D DSG bare bone for $24200.

rmeraz

I too hate that I don't have the Xenon's but couldn't find one in the color I wanted without any options.

Is yours a 4D or 2D? If it is a 4D, then I would say you got a killer deal!
I got my 4D DSG bare bone for $24200.

It's a 2 door with DSG. Love it!

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
i had an 03 black gti with an injen intake, apr cat-back, h&r lowering springs, and 18" inch FLIK wheels

TeutonicTurbo

Passed Driver's Ed
2005 GTI 1.8T Silverstone grey with AEM intake, boost gauge, other random little mods.
RIP...was totaled december 18th when some girl in a '92 pickup decided to drive too fast in the snow and spun out in the middle of the road...right in front of me...car turned into a sled and the front end/passenger side was eaten up. $7k in damage (she only had a $150 bumper to replace)
:iono:

Attachments

• 506172201_l.jpg
    506172201_l.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 303

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
'98.5 Audi A4 1.8t Quattro Sport.