GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who pays for meals-dating

utekineir

Banned
I wrote a paper on this for a sociology class once.

Basically what it boiled down to was that the roots of men paying for everything made sense and was perfectly acceptable back a hundred plus years ago when women did not work and were not expected to work. (Remember the term working girls = hookers)

In todays society with "equal rights" women work and atleast as far as teen to early 20s jobs make as much as their male equivalent if not more (waitresses).

After establishing that I went on to conclude that if both sexes work, have equal rights, and make a comparable amount of money. Is 16 year old jimmy that spends over a days pay at $6 an hour not justified in looking for a little something something if he takes a girl out and all she has to do is look nice?

Basically "equal rights" equals paying half, or put out. It was just phrased academically over several pages.

Ironically the feminist bleeding heart teachers assistant that graded it gave me a D, focusing entirely on content, not the fact that it was well written, argued and met the criteria of the assignment.

imo

gold diggers = fuck and forget

julito04

I plead the fif.
eh makes you look cheap. im asian (korean) and i have never dated a asian chick, but white chicks and hispanic chicks are the same. you gotta pay for everything.

buuutt dating and being in a relationship is completely different. if you are in a relationship then going dutch is ok, happens all the time.

dating and going dutch? dont think so. doesn't fly here in socal

This. Except im not asian, Im hispanic.

I paid for all the dates with my girl when we were dating, its kind of just the way it is. Once you dive into a relationship, then hell yea its ok for her to pick up the tab if she can/wants to. Almost 3 years into it, my girl and I take turns paying off eachothers bar tabs, taking eachother out to dinners, etc. Or itll even come down to "You buy the movie tickets and ill buy the popcorn and drink" kind of thang. Just my opinion though.

Notoriouswithag

Slow+semi-low
This. Except im not asian, Im hispanic.

I paid for all the dates with my girl, its kind of just the way it is. Once you dive into a relationship, then hell yea its ok for her to pick up the tab if she can/wants to. My girl and I take turns paying off eachothers bar tabs, dinners, etc. Just my opinion though.

this is how it should be, but if the girl im dating is making her own bank and she wants to pick up the tab then Im gonna try my god damn hardest not to let her ay just because it would feel weird, but you gotta resect it

julito04

I plead the fif.
this is how it should be, but if the girl im dating is making her own bank and she wants to pick up the tab then Im gonna try my god damn hardest not to let her ay just because it would feel weird, but you gotta resect it

exactly. I feel kind of awkward when I dont pay. But thats just because of how I am and how I was raised. If she wants to pay and wont take no for an answer, then who am I to fight not having to shell out $XX.XX-$XXX.XX lol.

vw761

Ready to race!
I just got out of my 9 month relationship, and realized I was probably with a golddigger. I make 21 an hour, I have a mortage and car payment and live in a high cost area Seattle for housing. My GF lived in Vancover BC, I paid for all meals no fancy restaurants just some Chinatown places and food courts. Its not as bad as your think guys the places I took her to eat.

Anyway towards the end she wants me to pay at least half her rent, some living expenses and dine at least once a week in a nicer place. Thats ok and dandy but I never got help from her in any way finacially. 21 an hour gets me 2500 a month net and she never mentions trying to save money.

Thats why I started this and realize this chick is not a good girl. Never once did she say for your income lets say some money together. Instead it was what have you done for me lately.

And I am kind of surprised at the take turns paying in a relationship, my EX is from a big city in China, still with old values meaning the man's wallet is there for her. I have never dated a Western woman so dont know what to expect.

lextildeath

Ready to race!
Don't listen to these fucktards telling you to pay when dating. This is just as bad as when girls wanna fuck any time any where when the relationship is new, but turn into a fucking librarian after more time with them.

I lay it down right away on the first date that I will not be paying for the relationship.

I take her to a movie for the first date. I get to the window first, since she expects me to pay for both of us. "One ticket to blablabla please".

No matter what her reaction is, I explain to her that I am not like all of the guys she has had before. I don't need to compensate for anything by paying for girls to like me. You gotta say it in the right way without sounding like a douche. Also if you are not a good looking fellow, this may not work.

It lets them know you are the fucking man and different than other saps, and also shows them how foolish they will look if they try to say something.

I have done this on plenty of girls in my time and they can't get enough. It helps if you do have a good self to offer. Listen to when they talk, make them laugh, fuck em good, etc. If not, then pay for their shit forever. Once you stop paying, they'll be showing up to your house in baggy sweat pants and T-shirts.

Edit: My current girlfriend of 4 years officially dating is Asian.

utekineir

Banned
Don't listen to these fucktards telling you to pay when dating. This is just as bad as when girls wanna fuck any time any where when the relationship is new, but turn into a fucking librarian after more time with them.

I lay it down right away on the first date that I will not be paying for the relationship.

I take her to a movie for the first date. I get to the window first, since she expects me to pay for both of us. "One ticket to blablabla please".

No matter what her reaction is, I explain to her that I am not like all of the guys she has had before. I don't need to compensate for anything by paying for girls to like me. You gotta say it in the right way without sounding like a douche. Also if you are not a good looking fellow, this may not work.

It lets them know you are the fucking man and different than other saps, and also shows them how foolish they will look if they try to say something.

I have done this on plenty of girls in my time and they can't get enough. It helps if you do have a good self to offer. Listen to when they talk, make them laugh, fuck em good, etc. If not, then pay for their shit forever. Once you stop paying, they'll be showing up to your house in baggy sweat pants and T-shirts.

Edit: My current girlfriend of 4 years officially dating is Asian.

^

This guy is the fucking man, and I agree.

Equal rights means not being a doormat for someones free ride. If you have to pay make sure your dick is the desert.

GTIxpinay

dirty pirate hooker
i'm filipino, but i'm a pretty americanized filipino.

if it's the first date, i don't mind paying for myself, it's no biggie, that just means a second date will never happen.

once it's a relationship i don't mind splitting it, i'll even pay for dinner every now and then. i think just cause i have the tradition of "guy has to pay for dates" ingrained in my head, it just doesn't feel right when i pay on a first date, which really puts me off. i just see it as a sign that the guy is willing to take care of me.

Lucidity

Marx
Modern dating is a form of socially acceptable prostitution. In the end it's cheaper and more likely to be disease free versus picking up a higher end whore. Once a relationship is established your once would be prostitute is now a partner and can and should help foot the bill.

Either way you have to pay for the girlfriend experience.

Synopsis - All women are some form of a whore.

RevoGLI

i <3 canada land
dating - the guy pays. if the girl insists on paying when first starting to date, then i'd be worried, she might be a little too dominating...unless...you're into that kind of thing.

once in an established relationship, i think it depends on the situation and culture.

:wub:

lol

I like paying, I feel cheap if someone else does.

huck

Passed Driver's Ed
Dating you pay no matter what even if the girl says she will pay it or split it. If you're in a relationship it's ok to switch off or split it. Even if it's with a girl I'm not dating I still pay the bill. If you're worried about spedning just price places out and try not to spend so much or find other things to do other than going out to eat all the time

this.