GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Yaris World... Hilarity ensues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiGGy77

Ready to race!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWVFIYXDotU

"Thats my car, I've p_ssed off a couple of VW owners at our local track and this is how they get back at me We are building a new engine for this 2010 season, more power better internals and hopefully I'll keep p_ssing off the VW guys."

wait, so VW guys sabotaged his engine? eh...

My cousin has one of those things...(yaris) I know he did a cold air intake, exhaust, dropped, some 15"'s ...and TRD badges all over...:D
not sure what else he did once he moved out west. haven't spoken to him in a while.

Never cared much for them..
they are cheap to begin w/ and probably pretty fun to build up...and be a complete sleeper

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Can't stop laughing! Yaris? A forum for a true economy car...is there a Kia spectra forum? How about Nissan versa? Any car slower than a gti is not a performance car. We can barely be considered a performance car when you think about it. (stock). Oh too funny

LightningRhod

Go Kart Champion
Dude, reading that Yaris forum made my penis soft.

There is a guy at work who has a 4-door Yaris that's all fixed up: lowered, wheels, factory body kit (I think), and a DTM style carbon fiber wing. Now it doesn't look horrible.......but its a freakin' Yaris. I face palm myself every time I walk past that car :bonk:

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Yep. 357 hp in my GTI would be Kickass, let alone a Yaris. Damn.

As awesome as it is, I still find it funny.

walker

Go Kart Newbie
...added a turbo kit and a tune to get up to 129hp. :)

Also, wtf?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

While I respect the work done on such a car... one would question the sanity of the owner to spend that kind of coin on that ugly POS.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
The phrase "to each their own" continues to revolve around this. Definitely not for me, but if I got spanked by a Yaris, I'd have to give props.

Got a friend whose parents gave her one and it's kind of a running joke that she can't take more than one passenger due to lack of power.

One of the reasons I chose a GTI over faster cars was it was nicer and can always be made to go faster. Perhaps they feel the same.

zee

Go Kart Champion
Geez, have we stooped to comparing the sizes of our e-penis now or have I missed it in the past? All I can see in this thread is "my factory tuned economy hatch(GTI) is faster than their homebrew economy hatch(Yaris)".
I guess being a petrolhead and car enthuaist these days is heavily skewed depening on the brand supported.

I doubt owners of 370Zs, S2000s, Caymans or even Mustangs and Camaros consider the GTI a true "sportscar" afterall it is still a Golf trimline outside America. I'd gladly take and have fun with a Yaris running 12.2 1/4 mile. Driving a slow or even light car at its limit is hella fun

Last edited:

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion

While I respect the work done on such a car... one would question the sanity of the owner to spend that kind of coin on that ugly POS.

Ditto! Why not spend the money on a better car?! That's what I don't get...

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
Ditto! Why not spend the money on a better car?! That's what I don't get...

According to your sig you do not have a stock GTI, the same could be said to you.

I could sell my A3 (paid off) and my JSW (paying for) to go pick up a brand new B8 S4 while having a lower payment then I do on my JSW right now. But I don't want one single car I want several cars that I can make my own.

The Yaris is super light, handles well and isn't that under powered for its size and weight, you may have that guy in a straight but he'd probably pass you in turns if you were on the track. He built what he wanted, why does he need a "better" car if it does exactly what he wants?

Status
Not open for further replies.