GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tip Talk

ONGIE

Thats one thing i will need to get used to when i head out to the USA, the tipping.

Tipping in Oz is not essential, however, should a tip be provided it is always appreciated by the waiter staff.

Raddicted

Perfectly insane
lol, why just 15% at Chili's? 'cause that's where I work?! :wink:

I thought you were a pet groomer? How many jobs do you have!

20-30% for good service
10% for poor service (I don't know why I feel obliged though...)

Khobin~

Go Kart Champion
I go buy service and food quality.

If the bill is say ~$25-30 I'll drop around $5, round it to the next dollar. so $25.40 would go to $30. :wink:

If it's it say $50, and good service, then I'll go say $8 tip.

For shitty, and I mean absolutely terrible service I've dropped a $.01. I've heard that's more insulting to the service then $0, so I figure that way the guy should have gotten the point (there's only been 1 time so far I've that).

So I would guess that makes me a pretty poor tipper, but here's my reasons why:

1. No one here makes $2.83/hr, the minimum anyone makes here is $10/hr. And most servers I've know, especially female, make more money then I do.

2. I feel awkward at the idea of paying more then $10 for a tip, but then I rarely have a meal that's more then $50-60. In the end you're doing a job, and getting paid for it.

3. To me 10% is a fair tip. Who decided 20% is the right amount?... personnally if I was serving and some gave me $10 on a $100 bill I'd be happy. Yes it's hard work serving, but it's hard work doing a lot of other jobs where you don't get any tips.

4. Most servers around aren't that good... jobs are plentiful, so employers have a hard time finding and keep good people, whereas dumbasses can get jobs easily. It's crappy, and there are good restaurants that get some bad names because of it. Ergo why am I going to give a great tip if the service was simply "good enough"?:iono:

The only real exception was when we were in Mexico, there we would constantly leave good tips, but then when we took a tour and 1/2 through the guide stopped to give us all a sob story about how little he makes and how important it was to tip him, we left a substancially small tip. I don't want you sob story, or begging, do your job, do it well, and I'll leave you what I feel is an appropriate tip.

And if I had a meal where I felt they really went over and above then I would tip a little more, but that's pretty rare around here.

V8snack

Ready to race!
i always tip based on how u act. i went to a bar yesterday and we ate some food cuz they good some good ass wings... and the waitress was really cool... even tho all of my friends were tipping her too cuz we had seperate checks... my total was 10.66.. i gave her a 20 just cuz she performed well and knew how to make a conversation with us

skacoreimplore

they see me trollinnn
3. To me 10% is a fair tip. Who decided 20% is the right amount?... personnally if I was serving and some gave me $10 on a $100 bill I'd be happy. Yes it's hard work serving, but it's hard work doing a lot of other jobs where you don't get any tips.

IDK, $2 on $20 seems pretty crappy.

danger dan

Go Kart Champion
usually 15 to 20 for decent to good service, if the waiter/waitress is exceptionally nice then i will throw some more.

i wont tip or will tip really low if the waiter/waitress just flat out sucks or is rude. but if i can tell they are having a really busy day or something i will still tip 15%

Scharf

Average- 15%

Good- 20%

Crap- cigarette

v-dub89

Go Kart Champion
poor service <10%
average service 15%
excellent 20-30%

MagicChic

GolfMKV Madame
I thought you were a pet groomer? How many jobs do you have!

20-30% for good service
10% for poor service (I don't know why I feel obliged though...)

lol, I do both. I used to work for Petsmart, and then left. Now I do it as my side job & waitress Mon-Fri.

I forget who said it, but 10% on $20 is awful. But, he already stated that the servers make more than $2.83/hour.

It really irks me when people think they're tipping you extremely well, when it reality, they're not tipping you anything spectacular.
I even had a table one time that I waited on, on a busy Friday night say "You are such a breath of fresh air...I can't believe you're still smiling while working. Everyone else looks miserable." I said "Well, on a busy Friday night, you have to keep your cool. I don't crack under pressure very easily & I'm really patient. A good attitude is necessary in a job like this." They even asked to speak to my manager & complimented me on how 'amazing' I was & that they would ask for me every time they came in. Bill was $32 and some change and they 'personally' slipped money in my hand and said "Thanks so much...we never tip people this much." When they left, I looked in my hand, and they gave me $5. I was like "Are u frickin' kidding me?" lol.

skacoreimplore

they see me trollinnn
lol, I do both. I used to work for Petsmart, and then left. Now I do it as my side job & waitress Mon-Fri.

I forget who said it, but 10% on $20 is awful. But, he already stated that the servers make more than $2.83/hour.

It really irks me when people think they're tipping you extremely well, when it reality, they're not tipping you anything spectacular.
I even had a table one time that I waited on, on a busy Friday night say "You are such a breath of fresh air...I can't believe you're still smiling while working. Everyone else looks miserable." I said "Well, on a busy Friday night, you have to keep your cool. I don't crack under pressure very easily & I'm really patient. A good attitude is necessary in a job like this." They even asked to speak to my manager & complimented me on how 'amazing' I was & that they would ask for me every time they came in. Bill was $32 and some change and they 'personally' slipped money in my hand and said "Thanks so much...we never tip people this much." When they left, I looked in my hand, and they gave me $5. I was like "Are u frickin' kidding me?" lol.

Reminds me when I deliver in bad weather and people say something along the lines of "Thanks so much for coming out in this horrible weather" then give me a $1.00 tip. :mad0259:

Eric1285

Ready to race!
I read an article recently that said the average tip is about 18%. I usually tip a little below 20% for average service and a little above for good service. I don't know why the average or expected tip has creeped up from 15%. Sure, things have gotten more expensive but that also means you're tipping on a larger total tab now.

Eric1285

Ready to race!
What do you guys tip delivery drivers?
I've been delivering for about 2 years now, just wanted to see how others felt about it. I believe $2-3 really is the minimum these days and $5 is a good tip(unless you live 10 miles away or have $100 worth of food, then it should be a little more).

At the privately owned places most of the time drivers get paid under minimum wage, I started at $3 and now I am paid $4. The big pizza chains pay the drivers minimum wage and have a smaller delivery area.

Unless I ordered something really small (like a single sandwich, for which I might tip $2) I never tip less than $3 for delivery. Usually it's $3 or 10-15% (depends on speed) whichever is more.

skacoreimplore

they see me trollinnn
Unless I ordered something really small (like a single sandwich, for which I might tip $2) I never tip less than $3 for delivery. Usually it's $3 or 10-15% (depends on speed) whichever is more.

:thumbsup:

It's always good to tip if you plan on ordering from that place again, people that stiff always get their food last and sometimes it gets messed with too.

Also, unless you tip really well, never order 5 minutes before the store closes, that may result in tampered food as well.:barf:

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black

You've obviously never served tables then. If I got 10 dollars on a 100 dollar check I would be pissed as shit. It's a lot of work because where I work if you have a 100 dollar check you have at least 11 people in your party. So that means I'm taking care of you as well as about 5 other tables if we're busy. I would almost want to follow them out of the restaurant and bitch them out.

Reminds me of the other day. I was working and some people came in and ordered carry out at the CARRY OUT register that has a large sign that says "CARRY OUT ONLY". They then proceeded to take there TO GO drinks to a table. I had to serve these people meaning that I made small talk with them, brought out their food, checked on them, and boxed up their food. People who order carry out and eat it in the restaurant seem to think that since they paid at the counter (and did not tip) that they don't have to tip their waiter. I knew that they weren't going to tip the whole time. Low and behold they left without tipping. So as they left the restaurant I opened the front door and as sarcastically as I could said "Thank you guys for the tip. Have an amazing day" and came back inside.

I make 2.13/hour when I'm not managing so it sucks.

angrybaker

banned
Nice Guy Eddie: C'mon, throw in a buck!
Mr. Pink: Uh-uh, I don't tip.
Nice Guy Eddie: You don't tip?
Mr. Pink: Nah, I don't believe in it.
Nice Guy Eddie: You don't believe in tipping?
Mr. Blue: You know what these chicks make? They make shit.
Mr. Pink: Don't give me that. She don't make enough money that she can quit.
Nice Guy Eddie: I don't even know a fucking Jew who'd have the balls to say that. Let me get this straight: you don't ever tip?
Mr. Pink: I don't tip because society says I have to. All right, if someone deserves a tip, if they really put forth an effort, I'll give them something a little something extra. But this tipping automatically, it's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned, they're just doing their job.
Mr. Blue: Hey, our girl was nice.
Mr. Pink: She was okay. She wasn't anything special.
Mr. Blue: What's special? Take you in the back and suck your dick?
Nice Guy Eddie: I'd go over twelve percent for that.
________
Wellbutrin Settlement Info
________
WASHINGTON MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES

Last edited: