GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tip Talk

MagicChic

GolfMKV Madame
Since this was a heated topic over in the Pet Peeves thread, I think it deserves it's own.

When you go out to eat, what is your standard procedure when it comes to tipping your server?

Me, it's 20% if the service is average.
15% if it's poor.
Over 20% if it's excellent.

What do you expect from your server?

What do you hate about servers?

.:R #2734

Ready to race!
Depends on the joint:

Chilis: 15% (Average service)
Claim Jumper: 20% (average service)

Poor service 5% (no matter where)

mikegabriel

Banned
I do dollar value. So I don't really pay attention. I guess if I thought about it, hope this doesn't make me sound like an asshole hahaha.

Lunch yesterday.... $8, I tipped $4.

So I guess that was 50%.

Supper the other night with beers, $25.## -- I rounded to an even $30 so again $4.##.... 20%ish again I guess.

MagicChic

GolfMKV Madame
Mike, you'd be considered a good-average tipper. $4 on an $8 bill is awesome.

$4 on $25 is good. $5-$6 would have been better (depending on the service you received.)

mikegabriel

Banned
I usually try to tip well but I always find myself paying cash and when the bill ends up at that $25.XX number and I have no change besides a $20 and a $10. I get stuck haha. Guess I'll just have to drink more beer.

Lunch is big tips, get me in and out within half an hour and I am happy :D I only get half hour lunches and that includes me getting from point A to B and then back to A. Haha.

BOz

Keep right except to pass
I usually double the first number in the total and round up. Also whatever coins left if paying cash. Even if service is really bad I never leave less then 10% :)iono:there probably having a bad day). This is how hospitality people make there living. Tip your waitress people!

example
under $10 = 2.00
Drink at bar = 1.00
$23.54 = 5.00
$46.00 = 9.00
$150.00 = 30.00
$247.86 = 50.00

dorn101

Jai Guru Deva Om
I usually always tip 20%, 15% for poor service, and up to 50% if it's amazing service.

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
I usually double the first number in the total and round up. Also whatever coins left if paying cash. Even if service is really bad I never leave less then 10% :)iono:there probably having a bad day). This is how hospitality people make there living. Tip your waitress people!

example
under $10 = 2.00
Drink at bar = 1.00
$23.54 = 5.00
$46.00 = 9.00
$150.00 = 30.00
$247.86 = 50.00

Thats pretty much exactly what I do. I seldom pay in cash, so I always add in whatever change is needed to make an even number. i.e. xx.00

skacoreimplore

they see me trollinnn
What do you guys tip delivery drivers?
I've been delivering for about 2 years now, just wanted to see how others felt about it. I believe $2-3 really is the minimum these days and $5 is a good tip(unless you live 10 miles away or have $100 worth of food, then it should be a little more).

At the privately owned places most of the time drivers get paid under minimum wage, I started at $3 and now I am paid $4. The big pizza chains pay the drivers minimum wage and have a smaller delivery area.

nayfen

TDI NINJA
little bit different in australia. most staff are paid above the poverty line. therefore goods and services are a bit more expensive, but it is not common practice to tip. unless the service is exceptional. then a tip is deserved/earned.

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
Minimum 15% regardless if I get good service or not. If it's an exceptional one, then I give up to 30%. Anything over I think is just insulting to the server, unless I know him/her.

I know when I was in Europe and I was tipping, the camerieri really appreciated me (apparently tipping is not essential in Italy). We became known in one of the places and the cameriere knew exactly what we wanted to drink/appetizers and so on. It was neat!

By they way, I highly recommend this place called Nove Cento on top of Piazza di Spagna in Rome. When I was there, I ate at that ristorante at least once per day, and twice the day before we came home. Sorry for the thread jacking.:biggrin: