GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tip Talk

skacoreimplore

they see me trollinnn
Some friends an I went out tonight to Buffalo Wild Wings. Our waitress was mediocre at best, she didn't check on us very often and only refilled my drink twice over the course of an hour. All my friends we're getting pissed off and didn't leave her any tip(we had separate checks). I left her $4 on $15, but I still felt bad. I would of left her more to make up for my buddies, but I didn't really have a lot more to spare.

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
I worked at Denny's, years ago, and this one couple gave one of the servers a tip, all in change. I think it was like $.40 in pennies. She scooped them up, followed them out the door, and said "Excuse me." they turned around and said "Yes?" she threw the change at their feet and said "Obviously you need this more than I do. Have a nice night." and walked back inside. Yeah, they called later and complained. The manager said "Well, if you thought that her service was that bad, you shouldn't have tipped her at all." Again, it was Denny's, and that particular store didn't give two shits about customer service. I laughed.

I have never ever been to a Deny's that cared about their customer. I can't think of any restaurant that I have been to that I've had a worse service than I have ever had in any Deny's restaurant.

That penny throwing bit reminds me of Waiting. Good flick. It's one of those movies that made me REALLY want to do well in college. Literally for weeks after I first saw that movie, I feared ending up in any of those people's situation. :thumbdown:

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black
Some friends an I went out tonight to Buffalo Wild Wings. Our waitress was mediocre at best, she didn't check on us very often and only refilled my drink twice over the course of an hour. All my friends we're getting pissed off and didn't leave her any tip(we had separate checks). I left her $4 on $15, but I still felt bad. I would of left her more to make up for my buddies, but I didn't really have a lot more to spare.

Don't feel bad about that. Shit servers deserve shit tips. I'm a waiter and I went to Buffalo wing factory once. Worst service anywhere. Took our waiter 20 minutes to get me honey mustard. 10-15 minutes for a refill. We had to literally flag her down to get her attention. Took an hour just to get our initial wings and when it's all you can eat by the time you get your second set of wings the first have already settled in and your not hungry anymore.

I went and talked to the manager and told him how bad the service was and because I look younger than I am he shrugged his shoulders and said "We're busy" and walked away. Complained again and he finally comped ONE meal. We left one penny and spelled "fuck you" with wing bones. Never went there again.

skacoreimplore

they see me trollinnn
Yeah, it was pretty shitty. She paid so much attention to the table full of young guys, but not ours.

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black
I consider myself a great tipper because I wait and I know what it's like. But if I get really bad service (not often) then god help you. That shit at B-wing was just redonkulous.

MagicChic

GolfMKV Madame
I got the WORST tip EVER tonight.

Everyone dressed up for Halloween. I dressed up as a 'tattoo girl'. I wore one of those Nylon Miami Ink shirts that make you look like you're covered in tattoos and a black tank top with jeans, a belt, and my serving shoes. Well, apparently, my costume offended this family of 5 I waited on. Every time I came to their table, they would give me a disgusted look and kind of lean away from me. (You could tell they were the religious types.) I gave them good service. Kept on top of their drinks & checked back twice to make sure everything was okay. Asked if they wanted dessert. They declined. I got their check immediately. Dropped it off, came back a minute later, swiped their credit card and said "Have a nice night, and happy halloween." (maybe that was my mistake right there.) Their bill was $40 and some change. They left me THREE DOLLARS. THREE FUCKING DOLLARS. Are you KIDDING me? That seriously is the worst tip I have ever received. And for no legitimate reason. All my other tables tipped extremely well, so they made up for their shitty ass tip...but that still baffles me. I'd be embarrased to leave a tip like that when I received good service.

I work in a pretty upscale french restaurant.. In florida 20% is expected..
Giving you had decent service.. Do you guys think there is a correlation between tipping and race.. I don't want to sound racist so I won't give examples :).. You guys think waiters make money... talk to a bartender..

On a Good night I have made up to 400 dollars yet, it's very unreliable, we're very "seasonal" in s. FL during the summer being a waiter is the worst job..

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black
I got the WORST tip EVER tonight.

Everyone dressed up for Halloween. I dressed up as a 'tattoo girl'. I wore one of those Nylon Miami Ink shirts that make you look like you're covered in tattoos and a black tank top with jeans, a belt, and my serving shoes. Well, apparently, my costume offended this family of 5 I waited on. Every time I came to their table, they would give me a disgusted look and kind of lean away from me. (You could tell they were the religious types.) I gave them good service. Kept on top of their drinks & checked back twice to make sure everything was okay. Asked if they wanted dessert. They declined. I got their check immediately. Dropped it off, came back a minute later, swiped their credit card and said "Have a nice night, and happy halloween." (maybe that was my mistake right there.) Their bill was $40 and some change. They left me THREE DOLLARS. THREE FUCKING DOLLARS. Are you KIDDING me? That seriously is the worst tip I have ever received. And for no legitimate reason. All my other tables tipped extremely well, so they made up for their shitty ass tip...but that still baffles me. I'd be embarrased to leave a tip like that when I received good service.

I've gotten much worse than that. Are you ready for this shit? I had a family of 7 people who were kind of hickish but not really. I brought them out all their drinks (the RIGHT drinks) and then all their kids (and by kids I mean 20 year old kids) started saying that they ordered different shit. So I fixed it even though they were wrong. After that I brought them out all of their food but one of their kids food took a little bit longer. Only because wings take forever to cook where I work. I brought it out, checked up on them often, refilled drinks all that bullshit. They had a seventy dollar check and they tipped me absolutely nothing. I wanted to fight.

I work in a pretty upscale french restaurant.. In florida 20% is expected..
Giving you had decent service.. Do you guys think there is a correlation between tipping and race.. I don't want to sound racist so I won't give examples :).. You guys think waiters make money... talk to a bartender..

On a Good night I have made up to 400 dollars yet, it's very unreliable, we're very "seasonal" in s. FL during the summer being a waiter is the worst job..

Yes I honestly do. But I don't want to give examples because it's not always true. Also certain people always order water.

skacoreimplore

they see me trollinnn
My buddy delivered 18 pizzas to a church tonight and said they gave him nothing. They paid for it by credit card and put a 0 in the tip area. He told me it was a black church, since a lot of people believe race is involved when it comes to how much people tip. Most of the black people I deliver to don't tip me at all which really drives me crazy.

My best tippers are usually working class white males, I am assuming it is due to the possibility of them being in my position at some point in their life.
My worst tippers are usually black people and soccer moms, I absolutely hate going to an upper middle class neighborhood and see 3 new cars in front of their giant house, then leave with a $1.50 tip.

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
My buddy delivered 18 pizzas to a church tonight and said they gave him nothing. They paid for it by credit card and put a 0 in the tip area. He told me it was a black church, since a lot of people believe race is involved when it comes to how much people tip. Most of the black people I deliver to don't tip me at all which really drives me crazy.

My best tippers are usually working class white males, I am assuming it is due to the possibility of them being in my position at some point in their life.
My worst tippers are usually black people and soccer moms, I absolutely hate going to an upper middle class neighborhood and see 3 new cars in front of their giant house, then leave with a $1.50 tip.

I've never waited but I was once engaged to a girl who worked at Out Back Steak House. She told me the same thing. No offense to my African bros and sisters, but it seems to be true.

Her worst customers were Asians, Africans (Americans or otherwise) and Europeans (Europeans, understandably so as it is not a custom to tip in their culture). This was when I lived in Hawaii, so we get a lot of tourists. What they started doing was they would include a "for your information card," that literally translated to Japanese/Chinese saying that in America, it is customary to tip a minimum of ten percent. If the group was large enough, I think 8 or larger on a table, gratuitous was usually added to the ticket.

I feel what your saying, how does your pay work though?
Yeah, no disrespect to blacks but that was the direction I was heading in my last post. Hispanics have a bad rap here as well.. It gets to the point where if either of those people come in, all the waiters fight because no one wants to take them..

V8snack

Ready to race!
this is probably one of the most interesting threads i have ever read. Anyways. i believe a waiters tip is based on their performance. I understand you busy but the thing i hate the most. is sometimes you will have your waiter/waitress walk right past you to the table next to you.. drop the food off and pass your table again without even askin you if you need anything or if everything is okay or " your food will be here in a min " i absolutely hate that. and having to flag you waiter/waitress down is i think the worst possible thing ever. if you cant pay attention to a table then your obviously telling me straight up " tip me bad.. i dont know how to do my job " i tip waiters/waitresses if they come and check up on me once in a while and i sometimes will even give you a 50% or even more tip if you engage a conversation and be able to manage it.

I went to a bar the other day during the day.. it was me and 3 of my other buddies. and we had a waitress that obviously knew what she was doing. she came up to us joking around with us and made us laugh and everything and after we ate our food she even went out for a cigarette with us and talked to us and stuff. i swear the coolist waitress ever. anyways our bill came out to like 35.07. we left her about 20ish $ i think. she was just great and knew what she was doing.

Eric1285

Ready to race!
I've never waited but I was once engaged to a girl who worked at Out Back Steak House. She told me the same thing. No offense to my African bros and sisters, but it seems to be true.

Her worst customers were Asians, Africans (Americans or otherwise) and Europeans (Europeans, understandably so as it is not a custom to tip in their culture). This was when I lived in Hawaii, so we get a lot of tourists. What they started doing was they would include a "for your information card," that literally translated to Japanese/Chinese saying that in America, it is customary to tip a minimum of ten percent. If the group was large enough, I think 8 or larger on a table, gratuitous was usually added to the ticket.

It's not customary to tip in Asia either. I was actually told that in some places it was considered rude.

skacoreimplore

they see me trollinnn
I feel what your saying, how does your pay work though?
Yeah, no disrespect to blacks but that was the direction I was heading in my last post. Hispanics have a bad rap here as well.. It gets to the point where if either of those people come in, all the waiters fight because no one wants to take them..

At my work we start at $3 an hour, get $2 for each delivery and then our tips. I get paid $4 an hour right now, but I've been there for 2 years now lol.