GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Focus ST First Drive (Taking Stabs at the GTI)

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
slightly off topic here, but speaking of sold out cars read this...its crazy.:eek:

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/aston-martin-one-77-sold-out-ar128582.html

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
2.0-liter EcoBoost engine are up to 252 horsepower and 270 lb-ft of torque

Wow that's a good #... now what is the MPG

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
sticking to my stage I MK6 for sure. I still think that thing is ugly despite some decent numbers behind it.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
Configurator is live.
http://bp3.ford.com/2013-Ford-Focus-ST#/Models

-Standard boost gauge
-Standard 18" wheels and summer tires
-Optional partial leather Recaro sport seats with either orange, blue, or black fabric inserts
-Optional full leather Recaro sport seats
-Optional Xenon headlights
-Optional moonroof *COUGH* Mazdaspeed3 *COUGH*
-Optional Sync touch screen nav, sat radio, Sony audio, etc

252 Horsepower, 270 ft-lb torque
$24,495 starting price which includes destination charge

A friend just bought a loaded Titanium Focus and it's very nice inside. I don't see why people are crying about the interior. It is every bit as nice, albeit more edgy and less conventional, than the GTI's interior.

This is going to be one hell of a little car. Powerful out of the box, great tuning potential, good starting price. If I were looking for a new car right now this would place very high on my list and would likely edge out the GTI (pending a test drive of course).

Red2011GTI

Go Kart Champion
Interesting that they are giving away a GoPro. I guess they know that buyers will want to record their racing exploits.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Nope. It's a sweet car but definitely not worth taking a hit on in my opinion. I definitely would've given it a drive when I was shopping 8 months ago if it had been here, may have purchased it over this thing then, definitely not now. Also... our interior is better! (Just wanted to be the first to say that... I'm sure owners of every other car make fun of us GTI owners for bragging on the interior so much).

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
One thing to keep in mind, while maybe numbers don't show it but the Focus interior is smaller than the GTI/Golf by a good amount. Something about the way the dash protrudes inside etc.