GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. I

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

A bit too early to say but touch wood not rebooted yet since the upgrade from 1899
  2. I

Yes you need to be on 18xx for OAD so will have to be via dealer
  3. I

I I guess with 8.5 near and the hardware being 3 years old they will probably restrict to major bug fixes only? I don’t know if there are any other versions in the works?
  4. I

Mine has installed now. Went smoothly. To be honest 1899 had fixed nearly all my issues. Only problem was intermittent crashing and rebooting that was not common but just frequent enough to be annnoying. Early days but hopefully this will fix that.
  5. I

Popped today. Still downloading when I got home. On 1899 currently (UK)
  6. I

OAD software update stalled?

I spoke too soon. Drove today and the stalled update had disappeared.
  7. I

Thankyou, I tried this. Seemed to be working. Logged in and myself again but after a few minutes stalled update reappeared as before. Very frustrating!
  8. I

Just remove and replace fuse 19?
  9. I

Hello, For the last 4 days my golf has been stuck trying to install a large OAD (not sure if this is 1941 or something else. Progress bar hasn’t moved from about 5% despite driving several hours like this. I have tried resetting console and changing to Wi-Fi via phone hot spot. It seems...
  10. I

What will be your next new car?

Put the software issues aside (recent updates have made them minor annoyances for me at least) and the recurrent emergency/travel assist rage inducing bings and I really love my golf. Have no off street parking so nothing electric is really an option. Am seriously thinking about a 8.5 GTI…
  11. I

Travel assist and emergency assist errors

I’m now waiting for my second steering wheel replacement with no timeframe beyond ‘a while’. Having said that the issue has currently gone away again on own accord for the last 2 months but I live in fear of it returning…
  12. I

If it ever finishes I will let you know. Only been on 2 10 min drives since it started but the progress bar has hardly moved!
  13. I

Mine seems to be installing a large update today in the UK OAD. Taking much longer than the usual small ones.
  14. I

1788 like yours can’t receive OTA infotainment updates. Hit them with that and don’t leave till they agree to do it.
  15. I

You do - if it is under warranty and you state some of the issues it is having they really should do it.
  16. I

3 year warranty for new cars in UK so I got mine updated through that. If you get on 18xx you can do a DIY update with a flash drive but will need a dealer to upgrade your 1788 first.
  17. I

Nope. Had it replaced about 12m ago and fixed it but started up again a few months ago. On back order and told it will be a while
  18. I

Finally got my software updated by the dealer from 1788 to 1899. Too early to see if it helps. My second new steering wheel is on back order to fix the travel/emergency assist bing bongs. The display unit/control panel software still reads 2096 and has not been updated. Is this fixed or is it...