GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2022 Formula 1 Season

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Not terrible.

Not as fun as last week. Would be amazing if Mercedes and McLaren could compete tho.

torga

Autocross Champion
What a race~! P1 and P2 were constantly trading blows the whole race. This season is shaping up to be one of the greats, I can feel it.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
God didn't answer my prayer for Leclerc and Verstappen to crash each other out of the race.

Maybe next time.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Great race, even in the back of the field. Man Alonso was really getting pushed around by his teammate. Clean racing between the front two, but man Max crying on the radio "he did this he did that". I wish the red car would have won, hopefully next round.

torga

Autocross Champion
Great race, even in the back of the field. Man Alonso was really getting pushed around by his teammate. Clean racing between the front two, but man Max crying on the radio "he did this he did that". I wish the red car would have won, hopefully next round.

To be fair, I can think of another certified whiner when he's in P2... :unsure: :unsure:

But idk, Max's complaints hit different yesterday. "how did he catch up, that's so unfair?" What the fuck are you talking about dude, what part of that is unfair? That he was faster than you? hahahaha

And Mr. Steward over here with his "oh, his lights aren't working" and "oh, I think his tire was on the pit entry line"

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
I understand where Max was coming from regarding the pit entry line because they agreed to it during the drivers briefing that there would be penalties applied for crossing it. Other than that, I don't think he had much complaining. When it came down to it, he showed why he's the reigning world champ.

Edit: The back lights are a regulation that they have to be on, so that also is a fair complaint to make.

torga

Autocross Champion
I was gutted for Alonso when he lost power. He was having such a good race!

torga

Autocross Champion
Edit: The back lights are a regulation that they have to be on, so that also is a fair complaint to make.

Sure, but let the Stewards catch it -- it's their job. Max was acting like that kid in elementary school who tattled on everyone/everything. Y'know, the kid that everyone hated. idk, my opinion and all that

bentin

Autocross Champion
Sure, but let the Stewards catch it -- it's their job. Max was acting like that kid in elementary school who tattled on everyone/everything. Y'know, the kid that everyone hated. idk, my opinion and all that
Well it's not hard to figure out where he gets that attitude. Mr Spice...

bentin

Autocross Champion
I just wish they caught him in the act 😂
You know, I dislike Max the driver, but looking back at last season, race by race, removing the dumb moves that Max made to intentionally crash, I think Horner and Red Bull out maneuvered Wolff and Mercedes a number of times. They also managed to keep Bad Max to a minimum the last two races and keep him in a position to win. Did Masi contribute to some of the Wolff failures in the final minutes? Yeah, but I really think that in total, RB and Max winning last year feels better than if Ham had been allowed to parade around for six laps with no actual racing.

I remain a huge Schumi fan and part of me doesn't want Ham to get to eight championships, but I've also learned to appreciate the sportsman that Ham is and would like to see him get it and then retire. It will be fun to watch the younger set compete with Max and see who comes out as the next challenger.

torga

Autocross Champion
You know, I dislike Max the driver, but looking back at last season, race by race, removing the dumb moves that Max made to intentionally crash, I think Horner and Red Bull out maneuvered Wolff and Mercedes a number of times. They also managed to keep Bad Max to a minimum the last two races and keep him in a position to win. Did Masi contribute to some of the Wolff failures in the final minutes? Yeah, but I really think that in total, RB and Max winning last year feels better than if Ham had been allowed to parade around for six laps with no actual racing.

I remain a huge Schumi fan and part of me doesn't want Ham to get to eight championships, but I've also learned to appreciate the sportsman that Ham is and would like to see him get it and then retire. It will be fun to watch the younger set compete with Max and see who comes out as the next challenger.

Leclerc is definitely the favorite at this point, but I feel like Sainz and Pérez could very realistically throw some wrenches into this. Especially if Max makes things a little aggressive in later races, i.e. crashouts -- Sainz and Pérez will be right at the heels to clean house. Merc is also not out of the equation yet, imo, and I do believe we'll still see them on the podium in later races. And if I'm feeling hopeful, maybe even Alpine on the podium too. Haas might even make it to the podium too if KMag stays in the front half of the grid.

As far as last year, I very much agree that Hamilton got robbed of the Saudi GP win, but I don't think he was robbed of the championship. If that makes sense.