GOLFMKV

Bet Speeding Will be Included

uberdot

Autocross Champion
1641426960035.jpeg

*too

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
I mean who cares? Do you try and outrun the police on high speed chases very often? Don’t think they’ll shutdown your car cause you went 80 in a 60..

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
I mean who cares? Do you try and outrun the police on high speed chases very often? Don’t think they’ll shutdown your car cause you went 80 in a 60..
This lays the ground work to other infringements of your rights. Warrant needed for data to be collected in your car? Nope. Who is to say insurance companies (They have lobbyists) won't push to have the information in your vehicle utilized to determine risk in the assessment of your policy? There is so much more fuckery that can occur here and that is how our freedoms begin to erode.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
This lays the ground work to other infringements of your rights. Warrant needed for data to be collected in your car? Nope. Who is to say insurance companies (They have lobbyists) won't push to have the information in your vehicle utilized to determine risk in the assessment of your policy? There is so much more fuckery that can occur here and that is how our freedom as begin to erode.
AC34AC1E-9663-4169-A61B-95C8C99A6664.jpeg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Let's see how many different political threads we can rack up at once!

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
I’m not saying it shouldn’t be analyzed and researched but this is such a clickbait fake outrage article lol. Sorry.

It hits all the classic scary points without offering any evidence. Government?? Hackers??? Kill switch??!?! 😱

Meanwhile every Mk7 has a cellular module built in that can record location and potentially disable the car remotely.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
I’m not saying it shouldn’t be analyzed and researched but this is such a clickbait fake outrage article lol. Sorry.

It hits all the classic scary points without offering any evidence. Government?? Hackers??? Kill switch??!?! 😱

Meanwhile every Mk7 has a cellular module built in that can record location and potentially disable the car remotely.
Can you prove this cellular module exists? What cell phone carrier is VW using? That would be immensely expensive for VW to have a cellular connection for every car they've sold. There is what they always refer to as a black box that records crash information like speed at impact etc but I don't think it's done with cellular or that It records location.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Didn’t the >2020 just sunset that system since it ran on 3G in NA?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Can you prove this cellular module exists? What cell phone carrier is VW using? That would be immensely expensive for VW to have a cellular connection for every car they've sold. There is what they always refer to as a black box that records crash information like speed at impact etc but I don't think it's done with cellular or that It records location.
Telematics my dude.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Didn’t the >2020 just sunset that system since it ran on 3G in NA?
Don't know about Verizon or AT&T but it ends for T-Mobile very soon and would have ended sooner if Dish who acquired Boost mobile in the T-MO buy out of Sprint been ready so that T-MO could shut it down.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion