GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bmw M3

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!
Apples and oranges comparison. Although I'm sure most of us get what you mean, the m3 is targetted at a different audience.

Plus you never know if they're timing the WHOLE Nordschleife or if they're doing the normal public route which eliminates about 50% of the long straightaway, and about 20 - 30 seconds.

Fonderson

Autocross Champion
Very good point, furthermore, mods & tires play a huge roll. Although most of the tracktimes are done with stock cars, they may use a tire which will yield a better track time.

Either way both the RS4, M3, and STI are great cars. Ofcourse in this case the STI is the best bang for buck out of all of them, the RS4 will most likely be the most expensive.

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!
Very good point, furthermore, mods & tires play a huge roll. Although most of the tracktimes are done with stock cars, they may use a tire which will yield a better track time.

Either way both the RS4, M3, and STI are great cars. Ofcourse in this case the STI is the best bang for buck out of all of them, the RS4 will most likely be the most expensive.

I know BMW does use the OE tires on the tests, but they also change them EVERY lap.

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Plus you never know if they're timing the WHOLE Nordschleife or if they're doing the normal public route which eliminates about 50% of the long straightaway, and about 20 - 30 seconds.

yea but the STI had the entire straightaway, i have it on a DVD and the Sti was stock. it was the S202 model, or S201. something like that.

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
i think new m3 is gonna spank the rs4 in everything. even though im a huge audi fan and am fairly antibmw, the rs4 needs to go on a diet, especially for its price

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!
i think new m3 is gonna spank the rs4 in everything. even though im a huge audi fan and am fairly antibmw, the rs4 needs to go on a diet, especially for its price

RS4 destroys the M3 in looks though, that new M3 is kinda ugly IMO, too many weird things going on with the body kit

Fonderson

Autocross Champion
Leadked info btw, take it with a grain of salt

Major Standard Equipment

4.0L V8 307kW 420Nm (bi-VANOS 3rd gen.) engine
Adaptive Xenon Headlights
Carbon Fiber Roof
SMG III 7-Speed transmission with DRIVELOGIC
18" M Double Spoke Alloy Wheel
18×8F/18×9R with P235/45ZR18 Front, P265/40ZR18 Rear Performance tires.

Invoice $49,117
Base Price USA Port of Entry $53,975

Vehicle Options List

Metallic paint $475
Nappa leather $1,450
Carbon fiber trim $300
Aluminum trim NC
Comfort Access $500
M Multifunction Seats with Active Width Adjustment $1,900
Front Heated Seats $500 / ZCW
Power Rear Sunshade $350
Head-Up Display $1,000
Navigation System w/I-Drive $2,100
Power Rear Sunshade $350
Rear Park Distance Control $350
19" M Double Spoke alloy wheel $1,750
19×8.5F/19×9.5R with P235/40ZR19 Front, P265/35ZR19 Rear Performance tires.
Logic 7 sound system $1,200
SIRIUS Satellite Radio $595
High Definition Radio $500
Premium Package (ZPP) $3,100
Cold Weather Package (ZCW) $750
6-speed manual transmission NC
Rear Spoiler Deletion NC