GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bmw M3

gtiTom

The Average Asian
dude. if you say anything with an S or an RS badge next to it. I don't mind if you get it other than the GTI.

lol. Anyway, why not a MT? Oh btw, the DSG is running great now. I just wish that if you do go with the DSG, you won't get the same problem as I did. And if you did, you won't have a shit dealership to deal with it.

gti5dr06

Autocross Newbie
tom i remember you saying there was a good place for service that you usually go to (not King)...on this forum springfield was also mentioned as a good place

haha back to the MT thing...that would open up too many other options for me..with the dsg it made it simple..don't laugh but recently i've been thinking about a 6sp accord V6 sedan..since it'd be in the same price range as a GLI/GTI with pk2..and stock it'd be faster (reference C&D's test) but with negatives like no HIDs and slightly smaller trunk (14 vs the gti's 14.7 and the GLI's 16) and the biggest difference is exclusivity which of course there isn't..other than the fact that the V6 badge is red...lol and the most important part is that i have at most 2 hours experience with an MT

since you've been on 193 aka georgetown pike think of that one hill where theres a traffic light...hmm..plus the fact i don't get much free time nowadays by myself

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
problems with the cts-v?

my friends dad has one as well and no problems so far. then again, they are american cars, and theyre bound to have problems.

back on audi vs bmw

if audi dropped some weight, id go rs4 over m3 easily. however, since i live in california, awd is more of a convenience then a necessity and since the rs4 does 0-60 in the same as cars almost half its price, i would probably go with the m3 since you know it will be faster, lighter, and most likely, more fun to drive

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!
for sure

the is-f is gonna suck, and so is the c63 amg

both are overpriced and no fun

i want 8k redline on a car im spending that much on.

oh and has anyone driven the cadillac v series? my dad has one and its friggin great. cadillac did a good job with the cts-v. 0-60 in 4.6, 50/50 weight. im surprised it doesnt sell more

In one sentence you say you want an 8k redline and in the next you're talking about the V's? They rev to what... 6500?

Nobody buys the V's because if you're spending that much money on that driveline you might as well buy the Corvette. If people need more space or four doors and want the power they look to the AMG and M brands, it's really that simple. I've never been in a V, but the interior in the normal CTS blows.

I do agree about AMG though, they put a big engine in the car with big brakes and wheels and there you go. You can't even get a manual trans which is lame.

Fonderson

Autocross Champion
I do agree about AMG though, they put a big engine in the car with big brakes and wheels and there you go. You can't even get a manual trans which is lame.

Not to offend you or anything, but the majority of AMGs are GT cars, why do you need a manual in a luxury GT ? Yes Ferrari, AM, Masteratti and such offer [ to some extent ] manual GTs, but think about the audience.

Furthermore, look what happened the last time a company listened to the US Demand for a Manual sports car, M5.

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!
Not to offend you or anything, but the majority of AMGs are GT cars, why do you need a manual in a luxury GT ? Yes Ferrari, AM, Masteratti and such offer [ to some extent ] manual GTs, but think about the audience.

Furthermore, look what happened the last time a company listened to the US Demand for a Manual sports car, M5.

If I even had the money to buy something in this price range, there is no way I would consider a car without a true manual transmission. I'm too much of a purist and enjoy rowing my own. Sure, it's a luxury car with a lot of power, and that's why they don't offer them in manual, I'm sure. If they were more stripped down to aid performance a bit, I'm sure you'd find a stick.

It's all the same reason I would buy a Ferrai in manual rather than the F1 style box, I don't mind if it's a bit slower around a race track. Plus, the billet 6 speed gate is awesome :biggrin:

Fonderson

Autocross Champion
What made the MT M5 so horrible anyway? Never knew why.

From my understanding, the whole ESP and TC and all the other gizmos that save our lives pretty much, was never reconfigured. SMG would work hand in hand with those gadgets, thus it would make the car "quicker" [ if it makes any sense ] as it would regulate the amount of power to the wheels. By simply removing SMG and stuffing a manny tranny in, without much internal modifications, would in essence slow the car down. That's the one of the theories that was given, again take it with a grain of salt.

Hope it was some what clear, ofcourse this doesn't apply to the GTI.

@ Red

Although I haven't had much experience with manual cars, I do know how to operate one. There are some cars that have to be manual only. Lotus Elise i.e.

When you're a director or some top hot shot, the majority of those people do not want their e63 AMGs or e550 to be in auto. Especially, when you're in Europe, where you have a driver that picks you up and drops you off.

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
In one sentence you say you want an 8k redline and in the next you're talking about the V's? They rev to what... 6500?

Nobody buys the V's because if you're spending that much money on that driveline you might as well buy the Corvette. If people need more space or four doors and want the power they look to the AMG and M brands, it's really that simple. I've never been in a V, but the interior in the normal CTS blows.

thats because the m3 and rs4 run up into the 70's while my dad bought his car for 48k.

the interior is the main problem with the car though. mostly black plastics. i think with the 09 cts-v the interior should be drastically improved.

and i dont know why anyone would turn to a c class amg over a v. the c class as a whole just flat out sucks

Fonderson

Autocross Champion
thats because the m3 and rs4 run up into the 70's while my dad bought his car for 48k.

the interior is the main problem with the car though. mostly black plastics. i think with the 09 cts-v the interior should be drastically improved.

and i dont know why anyone would turn to a c class amg over a v. the c class as a whole just flat out sucks

I personally rather have a C55 or C63AMG over a V, simply for build quality and history with Merc. Not bashing the CTS-V in anyway, although the upcoming model seems tempting, but German engineering is more appealing to me than american.

Now if it was a 911 C2 vs Z06, that's a no brainer. The z06 all the way.

BTW the M3 Wagon and Cabrio are in the muling process from what I hear.