GOLFMKV

Bmw M3

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
holy fuck! i thought our vw options were expensive! :eek:

Fonderson

Autocross Champion
is the M3 gonna be better than a 911?
Never will be, and never shall be in terms of overall package and experience.

Is it argued as the next best thing ?
Yes, according to a few sources that I've read, [ unfortunatly I do not have the list]

OT FYI:

BMW does not consider Audi a direct threat, their "competitors" according to them are Lexus and Merc.

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!
Never will be, and never shall be in terms of overall package and experience.

Is it argued as the next best thing ?
Yes, according to a few sources that I've read, [ unfortunatly I do not have the list]

OT FYI:

BMW does not consider Audi a direct threat, their "competitors" according to them are Lexus and Merc.

Probably because those two companies are true RWD.

Sounds like they're narrowing it down too much to me.

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
i think within the next 5-10 years, bmw and audi will be neck and neck in sales because of audis new direction moving away from luxury and more towards performance with cars like the r8 and upcoming rs6. hopefully bmw will keep fucking up their exterior design, because its been helping audi a great deal.

awd>rwd

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Thats a fluke. There are just as many disloyal customers to the brand name for any kind of car. BMW, there are people who buy it for the blue and white propeller. Audi, there are people who buy it for the four rings.

True RWD? wtf?!

Alright. I'm speaking out of pure ignorance but it seems that Merc and Lex are direct competitors to each other. Both are making leaps in technological advances that make driving at the utmost comfortable as it can be.

To be honest, I do not think BMW is living in with that dream to the fullest as those two companies are.

As SI killer said, it seems that audi and bmw are both performance oriented. The best driving experience. I don't think Merc or Lex is trying to be the best at the handling/speed game.

Lexus is just introducing their Sport or race line (whatever it is called). Although Merc has their AMG line, it'll make a little more sense for the Australian man to state that Merc and BMW can fight. But you see, prices between the two companies are completely different. Paying $180k+ for a higher end AMG class, while paying $100 for an M6. There is a difference. At least Audi and BMW have similar pricing.

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
i disagree

audi and bmw's lineup of racing oriented cars is vastly superior to lexus and mercedes, who think that loads of power will be enough to do the trick. audi and bmw, however, both know that handling and the feel of the car matters just as much as anything else.

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
for sure

the is-f is gonna suck, and so is the c63 amg

both are overpriced and no fun

i want 8k redline on a car im spending that much on.

oh and has anyone driven the cadillac v series? my dad has one and its friggin great. cadillac did a good job with the cts-v. 0-60 in 4.6, 50/50 weight. im surprised it doesnt sell more

gti5dr06

Autocross Newbie
dunno if it was this forum or the tex..but some guy's dad had some huge issues with his cts-v...dealer could never fix all the issues he had with it

but to get back on topic i'd go with lexus for worry-free cruising..but would go audi/bmw for the sports range aka S/RS or ///M series...though more likely S avant for budget and because i live in the northeast

gti5dr06

Autocross Newbie
lol used in both cases..but i can finally do a cash buy without emptying the bank...now in the case of the s6 avants they go anywhere from 20-35..plus the maintenance behind them..i did see an immaculate black rs6 in white flint by the cheesecake entrance tonight lol

now tom i do have to say your "experience" with the dsg did give me some 2nd thoughts on the gti since like most here i work for a living and would hate to lose my car for even a week