ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

Phur

Autocross Champion
But I don't have eyes
Do you have myxomatosis?
1611376566202.png

Phur

Autocross Champion
I know that I’ve mentioned on here before how often idiot drivers hit poles around here. I don’t remember if I said anything about the power going out last Friday night because someone hit a pole. The power was out again today too! Because yet another dildo hit another pole!

Phur

Autocross Champion

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I know that I’ve mentioned on here before how often dildos hit poles around here. I don’t remember if I said anything about the power going out last Friday night because someone hit a pole. The power was out again today too! Because yet another dildo hit another pole!
Ftfy

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Anyone ever replace their water heater and have air in the pipes that wouldn't go away? Can't figure it out and getting annoying with big burping air pipes every day.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Anyone ever replace their water heater and have air in the pipes that wouldn't go away? Can't figure it out and getting annoying with big burping air pipes every day.

Did you let the faucet furthest from the heater run for like 10 min?

Check your connections too might be air coming in.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Did you let the faucet furthest from the heater run for like 10 min?

Check your connections too might be air coming in.
I've done them all. It's a weird configuration since the heater is on the same floor, and routes upwards before going down. I also checked the pressure relief to make sure heater didn't have a headspace.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I've done them all. It's a weird configuration since the heater is on the same floor, and routes upwards before going down. I also checked the pressure relief to make sure heater didn't have a headspace.

I’m fresh outta ideas. I have done 2 one electric and one gas and the air worked itself out quickly. Maybe a dud water heater? Pressure issue rather then air?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I’m fresh outta ideas. I have done 2 one electric and one gas and the air worked itself out quickly. Maybe a dud water heater? Pressure issue rather then air?
Pressure settles out to about what it was before replacement. I do have some sediment but I don't think deposits would keep air pockets like this. Could be the heater I guess. I'll call the plumber that installed and see what they think one of these days but really want to fix it myself lol.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
@uglybastard found my issue. It finally showed its ugly face... Looks like some intercooler piping came off or has a hole... How hard is this gonna be in my garage with limited tools..

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
@uglybastard found my issue. It finally showed its ugly face... Looks like some intercooler piping came off or has a hole... How hard is this gonna be in my garage with limited tools..
i'd say it depends on where the hole is if thats the thing. ramps/jackstands and pull the skid plate to see what's visible? maybe run it for a few and make note of some potential spots?

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
i'd say it depends on where the hole is if thats the thing. ramps/jackstands and pull the skid plate to see what's visible? maybe run it for a few and make note of some potential spots?
Clamp was loose. Put it back on. Seems okay now. Only time will tell. Also oil pressure warning came on randomly too. Took a picture of the rear of the motor. Any guesses on what's wrong?

Attachments

• 20210124_124555.jpg
    20210124_124555.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 63

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
And I'm guessing it's probably the lower cover and not the upper but I guess that's for me to check another day.. Ugh. Just need this thing to last till I get a new car.