GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ESP, XDS, DSR, ASR, Brake Assist, Hill Hold Control Settings Vag-Com

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
ESP off under 30 km/h sound useless at best for hard acceleration. When u turn off your ASR with the button, u should do the same.

Anyone see any benefits to disable ESP under 30 km/h ? It would be awesome if u could set the Km/h too, around 100 would be nice!

And XDS set on hard mode sound nice but would it really works better that on normal ?

michal

Go Kart Champion
And what about the "fake LSD" aka XDS? :lol:
Is there any chance to change the way it works? More agressive mode maybe?

Wonder if the "2-strong" mode could be useful for folks at Stage 1/2 (or beyond).

And XDS set on hard mode sound nice but would it really works better that on normal ?

I think that changing it to value 2 (strong) could help a little with sharp cornering. With the ESP off (using the button) and XDS sets to strong probably you could rotate the rear end more but and at the same time keep your front wheels where you want. I think that changing the DSR to weak can also help when tracking the car. If it's an addition to the ESP which tries to stabilize the car, it's also slowing it down.
I'm not an expert so these are just my thoughts but maybe someone who track the car can chime in. That's why I started this thread. I wanted to hear more from the members experienced in tracking their cars.
In short I think that with the ESP off (button), DSR sets to weak (value 2), and XDS sets to strong (value 2) you can have more fun when tracking the car. Brake Assist sets to hard can also help a little. But as I stated before, it's just my opinion.

ESP off under 30 km/h sound useless at best for hard acceleration. When u turn off your ASR with the button, u should do the same.
Anyone see any benefits to disable ESP under 30 km/h ? It would be awesome if u could set the Km/h too, around 100 would be nice!

Probably, you're right. If the ESP can be deactivated only below 18 mph there is not too useful. Maybe if the VCDS software is updated sometime, there will be more settings available. It's not possible to change the speed. Actually, I found maybe 5 or 6 more settings in the ABS/Brakes module which you can deactivate but I have no idea what they are for exactly :) cause there is no description for any of them.

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
My GTI is DSG but yes, you can also change those settings for the 6 MT also.
You have the Hill Hold Assist already enabled (0-normal) in your car but you can change it to values 1 (early) or 2 (late).

I assumed 0 = off?

On manual cars, hill hold assist is not enabled. I wonder if it's just a simple software change. I may try fiddling with this.

michal

Go Kart Champion
I assumed 0 = off?

On manual cars, hill hold assist is not enabled. I wonder if it's just a simple software change. I may try fiddling with this.

No, 0 is not "off" It's the "normal" setting and I think on manual GTI you also have it (maybe I'm wrong). Anyway, last Thu I changed the Hill Hold Assist setting from 0- normal to 1-early in my friend 6 MT GTI. He had it set to 0-normal as default. In my DSG I also have it sets to 0. Also check out the thread below.
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24852

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
I think that the thoughts put up in this thread regarding XDS, DSR and ESP are going to bear some fruit for those of us who track or autocross.

I can feel the XDS intervening during autocross sometimes, but I would like to have stronger/better intervention if possible. The DSR can be quite distracting sometimes, and having set to weak or off would be nice. And having the ESP not intervene would be perfect as well...

I'll try to get these changes done and go to an autocross soon, and I'll get back with more impressions.

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
No, 0 is not "off" It's the "normal" setting and I think on manual GTI you also have it (maybe I'm wrong). Anyway, last Thu I changed the Hill Hold Assist setting from 0- normal to 1-early in my friend 6 MT GTI. He had it set to 0-normal as default. In my DSG I also have it sets to 0. Also check out the thread below.
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24852

Interesting, maybe it was added later on, because I know for sure the 2010 6MT's didn't have it but the DSG's did. Thanks for the info.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Anyone trying to make the changes to DSR setting? I think that may well be the sensation I feel when I thought the ESP is intervening....In most of those cases the light won't be flashing, but you feel a tug in the steering in the understeer direction attempt to pull the car straight...

BeauG

Ready to race!
Interesting, maybe it was added later on, because I know for sure the 2010 6MT's didn't have it but the DSG's did. Thanks for the info.

I know my 2011 6MT had hill-hold enabled off the dealer lot.

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
Channel 91 Automatic, ESP switch on, Speed

There are 4 boxes 1-Automatic, 2-ESP switch on, 3-Speed, 4-Deactivated (this setting can be changed)
Boxes 1 to 3 describe probably condition which are already programmed
Two settings
0-Deactivated (stock setting)
1-Enabled

I made some test with this one and I found how it works and its really not that good.

This is how it works ; AFTER u press the ESP/ASR button off, u can drive and pass 30 km/h but when u will brake per exemple for a stop, the esp system will auto-reactive (under 30 km/h). Then u have to re-press the esp button off if still want it deactive.

Keep it at 0 value it if u track the car.

It would be awesome if it auto-desactivated alone under 30km/h but u have to do it manually by re-press the esp button.

Otherwise, it auto-active ESP but doesnt auto-Desactive it.

If someone tried it and can confirm it.

thx

shadowman

Hill Assist causing a spike in throttle input

Using vcds, is it possible to turn off the Hill Assist on a
2011 golf mk6 2.5 gas 6sp auto? I know it is possible on a tdi but can you on the 2.5 gas 6sp auto?

My throttle spikes when I release the brake and apply even the slightest amount of throttle. But it only spikes when on an inclide (forward) or decline (reverse). Or would this be related to the incline sensor? I plan to purchase the vcds but didnt want to find out later that the option to turn off Hill Assist isnt available on my vehicle.

I just want to share what I found yesterday when playing with VCDS software.
Maybe it will be helpful for some of you guys. Mostly for those who track their cars and want less electronic assist. I'm not encouraging anyone to change the stock settings, so if you want to change something proceed at your own risk.

In VCDS Select Control Module, go to 03 ABS Brakes, then 10 Adaptation, go to Channel:

Channel 09 Brake Assist
There are 3 settings for this
0-center (stock setting)
1-small
2-hard
I tasted this one and finally locked it in value 2. I think the brake pedal and the whole system are more sensitive. My car was not braking any better but I did not have to push down the brake pedal as low as before and as hard as before to start braking.

Channel 36 XDS
There are 3 settings
0-center (stock setting)
1-weak
2-strong

Channel 54 DSR
There are 3 settings
0-strong (stock setting)
1-center
2-weak

Channel 58 Hill Hold Assist
There are 3 settings
0-normal
1-early (start with low RPM's)
2-late (start with high RPM's and slipping clutch)

Channel 89 ASR
Two settings
1-on (stock setting)
2-off
I tried to turn it off, the new setting was saved but after I disconnected and connected the vag com cable to checked it out it was set back to value 1-“on” . So, I think it's not possible to turn it off with the VCDS software.

Channel 90 ESP
Two settings
1-on (stock setting)
2-off
The same thing as with the ASR. I was able to turn it off but it was set back to “on” setting after disconnecting and connecting the vag com cable.
Channel 91 Automatic, ESP switch on, Speed
There are 4 boxes 1-Automatic, 2-ESP switch on, 3-Speed, 4-Deactivated (this setting can be changed)
Boxes 1 to 3 describe probably condition which are already programmed
Two settings
0-Deactivated (stock setting)
1-Enabled

I enabled it and I could not feel any difference (but I was not driving my car very hard anyway). I only found some info that our ESP system is activated automatically after we drive at speed above 30 km/h (19 mph) and I have no idea what enabling it can do. It does not make sense that with the ESP switch on, and driving above 19 mph it’s automatically deactivated (stock setting) Maybe it’s just deactivated when driving below 19 mph, so if when enabled it’s also turned on below that speed. Any thoughts?
Please post your impressions if you test any of these settings. Thanks.

P

plac

nah. i havent looked for a new car since i got my current one.