GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ESP, XDS, DSR, ASR, Brake Assist, Hill Hold Control Settings Vag-Com

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
threaaaaaad bump.

I've been doing some research on these and wanted to see what tweaks would best benefit me for the track. I track maybe once a month, if that.
I've checked out some other threads but kind of confusing to me because I know jack shit about this and rather ask it to get a specific answer for me to do. I guess I know the basics from reading these threads but........
So in other words I just want to what I would need to change and have some more fun and better track times!

Onto my car; I'm stage 2 with stop-tech pads with everything else stock(brake wise). Motul brake fluid too.

What do i need to do?

Gracias. :p

Thumper

Autocross Champion
What do i need to do?

Gracias. :p

I track mine often, I run XDS, torque steer compensation, and have the full ESP defeat (if you don't have this and really push it you will smoke your rear brakes eventually LOL)

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
I track mine often, I run XDS, torque steer compensation, and have the full ESP defeat (if you don't have this and really push it you will smoke your rear brakes eventually LOL)

hahaha They'll need to get replaced anyways. :laugh:

But as far as settings wise, what did you place them at. I under stand most are 00 and there's typically 3 in total options, correct? 2 being the weakest?

for XDS and torque steer?
ESP I get, just completely disable it. lol

I really want to see the difference too! Seems like it'll help out a lot,
that annoying cut out and specially that flash!! :mad0259:

Jhayesvw

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm a bit confused as to how the ASR works.
Does it cut power or does it apply the brakes or both?

I have found that my car (stock tune with intake) is significantly faster with the ASR button
Pressed.

theclutch

Go Kart Newbie
I'm a bit confused as to how the ASR works.
Does it cut power or does it apply the brakes or both?

I have found that my car (stock tune with intake) is significantly faster with the ASR button
Pressed.

With the ASR button pressed (i.e. - "off"), did you actually make timed runs? To me, it just "seems" like it's faster since I hear tire squealing. But it may not necessarily be faster. I still need to take some before/after measurements. Also, did you set up your ASR so that it's "completely turned off"? http://www.goapr.com/support/esp-defeat.html

mageus

I just tried these settings. Here are some thoughts:

- XDS (2) - A subtle but notable improvement on hard turns. Should have been enabled stock.
- brake assist (2) - A huge improvement. I didn't realize just how annoying braking was.
- DSR (2) - Haven't noticed much difference.
- hill hold (1) - Haven't noticed much diffrence (DSG)
- torque steer - Makes the GTI feel like a VAG car . . . numb. Leave it off, I say.
- Haven't played with the ESP stuff yet.

I will be tracking the GTI for the first time next month. I've run this track many times with the Beast and know it well, so I can concentrate on feeling the car out.

mageus

However . . .

VCDS is throwing code 01309 - "power steering control module - implausible signal". I can't clear the code. This may be due to the steering module requiring both ABS-DSR and Steering Assist-DSR to be active. An earlier post mentioned the DSR coding in the ABS module, byte 15 bit 5. I'll have to play with it.

Just an FYI in case someone else gets this code.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
However . . .

VCDS is throwing code 01309 - "power steering control module - implausible signal". I can't clear the code. This may be due to the steering module requiring both ABS-DSR and Steering Assist-DSR to be active. An earlier post mentioned the DSR coding in the ABS module, byte 15 bit 5. I'll have to play with it.

Just an FYI in case someone else gets this code.

I had this a while back, it happened after you're able to adjust DSR or another setting from two different areas of VCDS. Go set everything back to OEM and it will go away, then change your settings through the proper modules even though you may find access to these settings through 2 different modules.