zVp

Go Kart Champion
Dynamic Steering Recommendation (DSR) Settings
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=818815&postcount=290
ABS MODULE

Driver Steering Recommendation (DSR) Settings
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=818996&postcount=295
STEERING ASSIST MODULE

Now, this is a bit troubling to me. Driver Steering Recommendation (DSR) in the Steering Assist module is different than the Dynamic Steering Recommendation (DSR) in the ABS module.

Now, which one is which? In this thread, you guys are referring to the DSR setting in the ABS module as the little tug from the steering wheel that attempts to make you turn the wheel a bit more. HOWEVER, I don't think this is the case.

There is another DSR setting in the STEERING ASSIST module which may be the RIGHT one for this. I believe the DSR setting in the ABS module is actually the Dynamic Steering Recommendation (DSR) which control how the electromechincal steering acts at certain speeds.

I don't really have a track or any good places to test this, but it's just a little irkling that I got when making these tutorials.

MKVI_noizsky

Ready to race!
Great review! A+++++

1 6 D

Dynamic Steering Recommendation (DSR) Settings
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=818815&postcount=290
ABS MODULE

Driver Steering Recommendation (DSR) Settings
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=818996&postcount=295
STEERING ASSIST MODULE

Now, this is a bit troubling to me. Driver Steering Recommendation (DSR) in the Steering Assist module is different than the Dynamic Steering Recommendation (DSR) in the ABS module.

Now, which one is which? In this thread, you guys are referring to the DSR setting in the ABS module as the little tug from the steering wheel that attempts to make you turn the wheel a bit more. HOWEVER, I don't think this is the case.

There is another DSR setting in the STEERING ASSIST module which may be the RIGHT one for this. I believe the DSR setting in the ABS module is actually the Dynamic Steering Recommendation (DSR) which control how the electromechincal steering acts at certain speeds.

I don't really have a track or any good places to test this, but it's just a little irkling that I got when making these tutorials.
I have made small research about DSR. You can turn it OFF completely.

You must thick byte 15 bit 5 in ABS coding. Setting of byte 15 will change for example from 41 to 61.

Second thing you have to do is to change in Steering Assist module [44] in adaptation channel 3 setting from 2 to 1 (DSR INactive).

Now you can clear fault codes. Adaptation channel 54 in ABS in now unable, so DSR is fully deactivated without warning lights on dashboard.

-J.M.G.-

Passed Driver's Ed
I have made small research about DSR. You can turn it OFF completely.

You must thick byte 15 bit 5 in ABS coding. Setting of byte 15 will change for example from 41 to 61.

Second thing you have to do is to change in Steering Assist module [44] in adaptation channel 3 setting from 2 to 1 (DSR INactive).

Now you can clear fault codes. Adaptation channel 54 in ABS in now unable, so DSR is fully deactivated without warning lights on dashboard.

Anyone has tried this solutions ?

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
I've had brake assist strong for a long time. (Ever since the Superbee incident in December, where I wanted a better brake feel.) I've had some bad braking moments, where the pedal sort of drops an inch as i'm braking. Thats under super hard stops when i stand up a bit and really press. I'm wondering if it's a purely mechanical slip of the pedal, or if that extra air powered assist somehow leaks under max pressure. Been thinking about putting it back to normal to try a few more crazy stops.

Last edited:

A_Bowers

I've had brake assist strong for a long time. (Even since the Superbee incident in December, where I wanted a better brake feel.) I've had some bad braking moments, where the pedal sort of drops an inch as i'm braking. Thats under super hard stops when i stand up a bit and really press. I'm wondering if it's a purely mechanical slip of the pedal, or if that extra air powered assist somehow leaks under max pressure. Been thinking about putting it back to normal to try a few more crazy stops.

I havent had any issues with mine yet.

HOWEVER, i do need to upgrade my rotors and pads....they are terrible on this car.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
I havent had any issues with mine yet.

HOWEVER, i do need to upgrade my rotors and pads....they are terrible on this car.

my upgraded ones are terrible. i can't remember how stock felt anymore. sort of feels like the master cyl slipping, suppose its possible. its only happened like 5 times total.

A_Bowers

my upgraded ones are terrible. i can't remember how stock felt anymore. sort of feels like the master cyl slipping, suppose its possible. its only happened like 5 times total.

Interesting. glazed pads? How did you bed them in?

You have slotted all the way around right?

What pads did you go with?

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
naw they arent glazed. thats a totally different issue. these stop well. but sometimes the pedal takes a jump as i really crank it. like a master cyl seal slipping. i wouldnt be surprised, cuz those are on panic stops. only have slotted in front, and Stoptechs all around. I like the pads.

A_Bowers

naw they arent glazed. thats a totally different issue. these stop well. but sometimes the pedal takes a jump as i really crank it. like a master cyl seal slipping. i wouldnt be surprised, cuz those are on panic stops. only have slotted in front, and Stoptechs all around. I like the pads.

Thats interesting.
Ive got to do something about mine. THe OEM ones are just pitiful.

I WONDER, if there is a channel in VAGCOM to monitor brake pressure via the master cylinder. or somewhere in the braking system.

That would be a start.

SRoads

Ready to race!
This is the ECU (thinking you are in a panic stop situation) using hydraulic brake assist to push the pedal for you. It can be adjusted or elimanting with a vagcom.
naw they arent glazed. thats a totally different i
ssue. these stop well. but sometimes the pedal takes a jump as i really crank it. like a master cyl seal slipping. i wouldnt be surprised, cuz those are on panic stops. only have slotted in front, and Stoptechs all around. I like the pads.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
This is the ECU (thinking you are in a panic stop situation) using hydraulic brake assist to push the pedal for you. It can be adjusted or elimanting with a vagcom.

details?!?! never once heard of this setting. I don't need extra help on my pedal. i would back it off a bit.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
details?!?! never once heard of this setting. I don't need extra help on my pedal. i would back it off a bit.

Doesn't quite sound like the same thing.. doesnt explain why the pedal would drop.

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/glossary/hydraulic-brake-assist-hba

Hydraulic Brake Assist (HBA)

Our hydraulic brake assist system (HBA) comes to your aid in emergency or panic braking situations. The brake assist realises from the speed at which you brake that you need full braking power. It automatically boosts the brake pressure up to the ABS control threshold for as long as you keep the brake pedal pressed down. If you then ease off the pedal, the system will reduce the brake pressure again to match the brake pedal's position. This safety function can substantially shorten your car's stopping distance, although it's so smooth in operation you'll hardly notice it working.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion

Agree. There are 3 settings.

I already did explain it last year on this topic:

These three settings differ in the threshold the brake assist starts to help
(or disturb from a spirited driver's view). I tried all three setting on my 2008
Mk.V GTI (which seems to be same on this).

'01' / 'small' is very unpleasant. If you change from acc to brake the brake
assist kicks in very early. Not what you want.

On '02' / 'large' (not 'hard' on my VCDS) the brake assist comes pleasantly
late. That's the one to go for if you do Auto-X or if you go on track.

'00' has been my stock setting.