GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ford releases factory tune w/ warranty for Focus ST

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
$1500 for all that?!!? makes me want to go buy a ford..

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
$1500 for all that?!!? makes me want to go buy a ford..

You know of the Dodge scat packs, right? An R/T with an 8 speed tranny and Scat Pack 3 sounds pretty fucking good.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
It's cool to see Ford releasing tunes for their cars, but that's not a lot of gains for a tune. Not even for an ST. It barely makes more power up top, which is what that car needed in the first place.

Edit: and since when is $1500 for a cone filter and exhaust a steal?

butchered by autocorrecr

TheMKVI

Go Kart Champion
Track Keys are not meant to give power.... more throttle response and engine braking than anything.

Don't just throw something up without stating all facts. It will severely alter opinions based on non truths.

Look at the graphs... those do not seem terrible to me. What does VW offer similar to this??

I was referring to the engine knock above 2500 rpm they saw in that thread.

Winoman

Ready to race!
Very nice. Funny though they feel the need to upgrade their synthesized engine sounds....

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
My thoughts are that is awesome that there is a company that actual cares about their enthusiasts and is listening to the voice of the aftermarket. That is awesome. Why VW doesn't do this is beyond me.

Because VW clutches and coil plugs will blow at that kind of power :laugh:

Great gains... Not sure about about FWD with that much power though... starting to get to a point where it is too much.

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
Huge gains in midrange torque. Minimal gains in peak hp. Great for driving around town, but will probably only be minimally faster.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
VW won't do this. I don't think they market their cars the way Ford or Dodge does. Ford and Dodge have a strong racing heritage(along with Chevy), so they feel the need to cater to the enthusiasts. VW at this point I think is happy moreso with just volume of sales than anything else. They are happy keeping an all around nice car that can be worked aftermarket with no support and if you want more pop, fork over a few more thousands for the R.

I think you're right, but it's funny because VW has terrible sales volume, less than Subaru I think.

It's cool to see Ford releasing tunes for their cars, but that's not a lot of gains for a tune. Not even for an ST. It barely makes more power up top, which is what that car needed in the first place.

Edit: and since when is $1500 for a cone filter and exhaust a steal?

butchered by autocorrecr

A tune, intake and exhaust on the GTI would be at least $2k unless you get ebay parts, so I'd say it's a pretty good deal.

Huge gains in midrange torque. Minimal gains in peak hp. Great for driving around town, but will probably only be minimally faster.

:word: the torque gains definitely sound impressive though.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
any word on if labor is included in the posted price?

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
Any word if bender will give a review on his American car, perhaps with this mod?

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
I bet they're only offering their warranty on their products not aftermarket brands but still cool nonetheless

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I bet they're only offering their warranty on their products not aftermarket brands but still cool nonetheless

Why would they?