GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ford releases factory tune w/ warranty for Focus ST

nakenyon

Go Kart Champion
At least Ford is actually trying to do something for the aftermarket enthusiast unlike VW. Then you have Mazda which put out MazdaSpeed aftermarket parts, advertised them in the dealership and would install them for you but they would void your warranty.

Mazda for real? That's ridiculous.

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Not saying they should... But to say Ford is welcoming tuning your car with open arms its not exactly whats happening. I think its great ideal and I wish more Manufactures will follow suit but in all likelihood most companies won't.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Any word if bender will give a review on his American car, perhaps with this mod?

probably not.. he likes torturing us.

I bet they're only offering their warranty on their products not aftermarket brands but still cool nonetheless

cue: IS THIS REAL LIFE? meme

;)

Why would they?

dis^

Mazda for real? That's ridiculous.

dat^

I had no idea Mazda was doing that, if true - that's shitty.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I was referring to the engine knock above 2500 rpm they saw in that thread.

Gotcha. Yeah. There are some issues for sure. IT is odd. THose were built for the track, yet have issues on the track. I'd be unfuriated. But we can't say all FRPP stuff is bad. THat would be like saying all VW's are unrelieable.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
its fucking rediculous that Bender hasn't given his ST review yet.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
its fucking rediculous that Bender hasn't given his ST review yet.

Bender doesn't review off initial impressions, because they always change. He's a thorough reviewer and wants to convey the experience as best as he can.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
He's also been busy shoveling snow, having his face sat on, and when he's not doing either of those two things, shoveling more snow.

What I can tell you from what he's told me, is that he likes the car.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
A tune, intake and exhaust on the GTI would be at least $2k unless you get ebay parts, so I'd say it's a pretty good deal.

I see where you're coming from. I was thinking about the cost vs gains. $1500 is a lot of dough for 45hp in the midrange and 0hp up top, whereas a cobb tune is some $400 and gets the same 45hp in the midrange and 20hp up top. $1100 for a warranty is ... debatable :iono:

Bender1

Banned
I see where you're coming from. I was thinking about the cost vs gains. $1500 is a lot of dough for 45hp in the midrange and 0hp up top, whereas a cobb tune is some $400 and gets the same 45hp in the midrange and 20hp up top. $1100 for a warranty is ... debatable :iono:

I am thinking Steeda. Some of Cobb's responses don't make me totally comfortable.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
i actually posted the top end kit. Base tune starts with tuner and plugs at $499 right now. However it looks like you need to have it installed by a tech, figure at least an hour there. $100 at shop, so minimum $599ish without intake. Might as well go big and have the intake and exhaust covered too through ford racing parts.
Unlike many of our competitors, this Ford Racing calibration is 50-states emissions legal and eligible for limited warranty when installed by a Ford or Lincoln Dealer