GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Group Buy: Apex ARC-8 Wheels

Are you interested in the Apex Wheel group buy?

• Total voters

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
For those who have not done so already, go ahead and take the survey.

CLICK HERE TO TAKE OUR VW SURVEY: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/K269LTB

I have also added the survey link to my signature.

Apex Wheels are waiting to get set up as a Vendor on the forum.

Brian_

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 R
When I started this thread, I wanted the ARC-8, but I prefer the EC7 because it’s even more BBK friendly.

I do also like the SM-10, but I do not recall it being an option in 17”.
Definitely hoping they can make a 17" EC-7 happen <20lbs or an even lighter forged 17" EC-7R.

Saw their forged 17x8.5 and 17x9 BMW wheels are coming in just over 17lbs, would be awesome to have that option on the MK7 and fit 355mm StopTechs.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
A buddy hit a hole on the leading edge of a curb and bent an ARC-8 on his E92. He got it replaced at half price. Sometimes shit happens. Potholes or road debris on the highway. Especially up North where ice can tear up roads.

Great to know that you can get a replacement wheel from Apex Wheels for 50%.

Cliff

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 Cayman GTS
A buddy hit a hole on the leading edge of a curb and bent an ARC-8 on his E92. He got it replaced at half price. Sometimes shit happens. Potholes or road debris on the highway. Especially up North where ice can tear up roads.

Great to know that you can get a replacement wheel from Apex Wheels for 50%.

I was talking to Eddy about that when we were at Laguna Seca and he said his hit rate (no pun intended) for that policy was pretty low, like 1 or 2 percent.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I like how they support their Customers

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Hey guys, I've been talking to APEX about some projects. For this one, they need to get some scans. If there's anyone in the Boston area with the TTS or Macan 4-pot calipers on their MK7, and anyone with stock R or GTI w/ PP calipers interested in getting their car scanned for this project please PM me.

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Hey guys, I've been talking to APEX about some projects. For this one, they need to get some scans. If there's anyone in the Boston area with the TTS or Macan 4-pot calipers on their MK7, and anyone with stock R or GTI w/ PP calipers interested in getting their car scanned for this project please PM me.
@jmblur has signed up for the stock R brake scanning - thanks! If anyone has the TTS or Macan calipers around Boston (or leads who may be interested) give me a shout. Thanks!

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
@jmblur has signed up for the stock R brake scanning - thanks! If anyone has the TTS or Macan calipers around Boston (or leads who may be interested) give me a shout. Thanks!

I'm in Jacksonville Florida with Macan Brembos, so maybe they know someone that could scan them down here and work something out? I'll also post this request in the Macan Caliper thread.

Edit, you beat me to it.

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Hi all,

I just wanted to reach out to everyone in this thread to say thank you for your interest and feedback so far! We are really excited to finally be diving into the VW market and we cannot wait to share what we have planned for this community moving forward.

To help consolidate our community updates into one place, we went ahead and started an "Official APEX VW Wheel Thread" in the wheel and tire section. You can find the new thread here.

Our first VW community update has been posted below the OP in that thread, with some fresh and new info on the progress that we have made so far. If you couldn't tell already, enthusiast feedback is of utmost importance to all of us at APEX. With that being said, I would like to encourage everyone to share any questions or comments you might have regarding our first update!

Cheers,

-Geirsen

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Here is the rub I was talking about.
Took a pic when I had the car up on the hoist.

I'm probably in for a bad time if I switch to a 255 square setup right? Right now on 245's, 17x9 +45.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I need to find a picture of my Ohlins on the rear. My shock is inverted. The shaft is at the bottom so there isn’t the plastic sleeve on the top like you have. You have a slight rub on the liner. Mine only happened when going to 255’s.

I appreciate the pic of the 9” wide rim. An et 40 is most probably a better option or a 5mm spacer.

Try using drive up ramps like rhino ramps. It will be a better reflection than checking on a hoist where the suspension is in full droop. I suspect that the clearance will be tighter than your photo shows.