GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

Paul_W

Passed Driver's Ed
Presumably this update rollout will be staggered rather than downloading to everyones cars at the same time

gjm

Passed Driver's Ed
Still waiting for 1969 to drop over the air in the UK. Received 1941 ages ago, so I know the process works, but had nothing for 1969 even though it has been out for a while now.

Paul_W

Passed Driver's Ed
Still waiting for 1969 to drop over the air in the UK. Received 1941 ages ago, so I know the process works, but had nothing for 1969 even though it has been out for a while now.

I didn't think it had gone out OTA yet. It was my understanding that it was only USB/dealer installs that had it so far

brankec

I was on regular oil check at my workshop in Germany two weeks ago, they said 3 updates are waiting for me on OTA, but only 1 small fixes and improvements came since then.
Still on 1941 version, they said they will do manual USB update only if I complain that something is not working :(
So still waiting latest updates for my golf mk8 GTE 2022

gjm

Passed Driver's Ed
I was on regular oil check at my workshop in Germany two weeks ago, they said 3 updates are waiting for me on OTA, but only 1 small fixes and improvements came since then.
Still on 1941 version, they said they will do manual USB update only if I complain that something is not working :(
So still waiting latest updates for my golf mk8 GTE 2022
It’s frustrating the car industry persists with this whole, “we’ll only fix if it’s broken” mentality.

With most other industries, firmware updates and software upgrades are encouraged, as it fixes issues or provides improvements.

Who is to say that there may be an issue in 1941, fixed in 1969, that I have yet to come across. Or some small timing issue, or improvements that provides better efficiency, or improves the while driving experience, that would one day save me a visit to a dealership, and their time and expertise.

Paul_W

Passed Driver's Ed
Had this appear today. Not installed yet. I only had another small update come through about 2 weeks ago. Doesn't look like this is 1969. Has anyone else installed this yet?

1.jpg

2.jpg

tos

Go Kart Champion
It is only for tiny update for shop... no changes software or partnumbers...
Some ID models also have that advertisements update, that's weird for golf :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
It is only for tiny update for shop... no changes software or partnumbers...
Some ID models also have that advertisements update, that's weird for golf :rolleyes:
I had the same update appear in my GTI yesterday, took about 30 seconds to update.

Nickand

Golf 1.5 eTSI Style edition here. Got the Emergency SOS and Travel Assist Errors and decided to take it in. They told me that the car needs a new steering wheel and that they will change it for free.

Just wanted to ask though. Has VW managed to fix these problems with the new steering wheels or is there a chance that the same errors will pop-up again in the future ? I'm kind of worried because I'm already in my 4th year of warranty and I only have 1 more. I would hate to have to these problems when I'm out of warranty and I'm considering selling the car for this reason.

brankec

Golf 1.5 eTSI Style edition here. Got the Emergency SOS and Travel Assist Errors and decided to take it in. They told me that the car needs a new steering wheel and that they will change it for free.

Just wanted to ask though. Has VW managed to fix these problems with the new steering wheels or is there a chance that the same errors will pop-up again in the future ? I'm kind of worried because I'm already in my 4th year of warranty and I only have 1 more. I would hate to have to these problems when I'm out of warranty and I'm considering selling the car for this reason.

I was on steering wheel change last year, same problems, it was 2nd year of warranty, for now it is working great, no more bleeping errors!
But before that my Infotainment module died, so they changed it also, hope that steering wheel was last change that I will need 🤞

Nickand

I was on steering wheel change last year, same problems, it was 2nd year of warranty, for now it is working great, no more bleeping errors!
But before that my Infotainment module died, so they changed it also, hope that steering wheel was last change that I will need 🤞

Thank you for letting me know. Hopefully it will be the same for me. Fingers crossed that VW has found a way to solve the problem !