GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

AboDanial

Hi

Did anyone find out which cars would have the new hardware? Im about to order a car which has a build week 8 ( February). The article suggests 2022, however unsure as to when they would implement this.

This article just mentions 2022: https://uk.motor1.com/news/555244/2022-vw-golf-infotainment-upgrade/

This article mentions production with the new system should have started by now: https://www.drive.com.au/news/2022-...ainment-amid-criticism-in-line-for-australia/

Both the dealer and VWUK can't comment and have mentioned that it is the factory that know and no way to find out until the car is actually in their hands!

How can a dealer not know which updates are due? surely they can speak to head office?

Any help welcome.

Thank you in advance
My friend, I need help, please My car mk8 gti Device Part Number: 5H0035816B Hardware: H56 Software: 1664 How can I get a higher update for this software? I tried to download version 1941 in the correct way, but the count remains 0%. And it shows me 1/7 of the updates But it does not work. I waited on it for more than 30 minutes, but there was no point in progressing Help me brother if you can please

subby26

It's actually very simple. Read the message/instructions below the video the "Sam A" video here -

From the video:

"Get file from this website: https://mibsolution.one/#/1/9/MOI3
Username and password are both: guest
File name is: MOI3_EU_VW_R9410L(1941)_3G0919360TG
Download and extract .7z then put onto memory stick but make sure files within are the first thing on memory stick.
They must not be in the folder name MOI3_EU_VW_R9410L(1941)_3G0919360TG
Make sure memory stick is FAT32 formatted and at least 16GB big.
Plug into car with infotainment on and car battery plugged into charger.
Then hold square home button on infotainment then click top option.
Then click start software update on the red and black screen and select usb port 1 or 2 whichever usb is in then click start at bottom and leave it to run through the upgrade progress. Do not turn off car or unplug from battery charger until complete. Mine took 20 minutes"

I had a bit of trouble with USB sticks I already had that weren't recognised by the car. So I bit the bullet and bought a £10 USB-C stick from Amazon and formatted it to FAT32. Copied the files so they appeared like the attached picture.

• I inserted the USB stick into one of the slots by the phone charger.
  • Turned on the ignition
  • Disconnected my phone from CarPlay
  • Pressed and held the square function button (on right hand of screen) until it came up with the "Software Update" menu.
  • Clicked on "Software update which then starts the "console" screen.
  • Clicked on "update"
  • It then asks you to choose which USB slot(where the USB stick is inserted)....it should be the only one of "USB1" or "USB2" which will be highlighted/available. (If none are available you need to reformat the USB and start again, as I had to do when using the old USB sticks).
  • Choose the slot where the USB stick is inserted and then it will offer some options. Choose "update"

I left the car with the keys in it (blocked in on my drive). 25 mins later and it was done.

I was on 1896. I tried the 1899 first but couldn't get the USBs recognised. So I tried the 1941 which worked. Haven't really noticed any changes yet but have really driven the car.

Mine goes back to the dealer in a week to have a new steering wheel fitted, which took 6 weeks to arrive from when ordered. I also hope they can find another dealer nearby who has the IQ Light calibration equipment as I get the "Dynamic Cornering Light" error every time I start the car.

Fingers crossed my "bongs" will be gone in a week!

Happy to help if anyone is struggling but it is pretty simple.....If I can do it anyone can.
Has the link in this post stopped working? I get an error now.

tos

Go Kart Champion
My friend, I need help, please My car mk8 gti Device Part Number: 5H0035816B Hardware: H56 Software: 1664 How can I get a higher update for this software? I tried to download version 1941 in the correct way, but the count remains 0%. And it shows me 1/7 of the updates But it does not work. I waited on it for more than 30 minutes, but there was no point in progressing Help me brother if you can please
It is too old, there is protection when trying install 19xx versions into old ones.

Dealer update also can gateway when infotainment will get 18xx versions.
What is your CAN gateway part number and version number?

My gateway Hardware number: 5WA907530C

I think that must be revision B or later for get latest updates for infotainment.
Maybe revision B is too old too, my C works fine

https://www.golfmk8.com/forums/inde...-software-updates.391952/page-21#post-7821776

Last edited:

subby26

It's actually very simple. Read the message/instructions below the video the "Sam A" video here -

From the video:

"Get file from this website: https://mibsolution.one/#/1/9/MOI3
Username and password are both: guest
File name is: MOI3_EU_VW_R9410L(1941)_3G0919360TG
Download and extract .7z then put onto memory stick but make sure files within are the first thing on memory stick.
They must not be in the folder name MOI3_EU_VW_R9410L(1941)_3G0919360TG
Make sure memory stick is FAT32 formatted and at least 16GB big.
Plug into car with infotainment on and car battery plugged into charger.
Then hold square home button on infotainment then click top option.
Then click start software update on the red and black screen and select usb port 1 or 2 whichever usb is in then click start at bottom and leave it to run through the upgrade progress. Do not turn off car or unplug from battery charger until complete. Mine took 20 minutes"

I had a bit of trouble with USB sticks I already had that weren't recognised by the car. So I bit the bullet and bought a £10 USB-C stick from Amazon and formatted it to FAT32. Copied the files so they appeared like the attached picture.

• I inserted the USB stick into one of the slots by the phone charger.
  • Turned on the ignition
  • Disconnected my phone from CarPlay
  • Pressed and held the square function button (on right hand of screen) until it came up with the "Software Update" menu.
  • Clicked on "Software update which then starts the "console" screen.
  • Clicked on "update"
  • It then asks you to choose which USB slot(where the USB stick is inserted)....it should be the only one of "USB1" or "USB2" which will be highlighted/available. (If none are available you need to reformat the USB and start again, as I had to do when using the old USB sticks).
  • Choose the slot where the USB stick is inserted and then it will offer some options. Choose "update"

I left the car with the keys in it (blocked in on my drive). 25 mins later and it was done.

I was on 1896. I tried the 1899 first but couldn't get the USBs recognised. So I tried the 1941 which worked. Haven't really noticed any changes yet but have really driven the car.

Mine goes back to the dealer in a week to have a new steering wheel fitted, which took 6 weeks to arrive from when ordered. I also hope they can find another dealer nearby who has the IQ Light calibration equipment as I get the "Dynamic Cornering Light" error every time I start the car.

Fingers crossed my "bongs" will be gone in a week!

Happy to help if anyone is struggling but it is pretty simple.....If I can do it anyone can.

Just updated from 1896 to 1941 using this method. Worked perfectly. Had a few small OTA updates immediately after. I was fed up waiting for the big updates to come OTA.

subby26

Just updated from 1896 to 1941 using this method. Worked perfectly. Had a few small OTA updates immediately after. I was fed up waiting for the big updates to come OTA.
I've also just done 1941 to 1969. Also went smoothly about 15 mins with a few small OTA updates after. 2021 plate UK GTD.

Last edited:

AboDanial

It is too old, there is protection when trying install 19xx versions into old ones.

Dealer update also can gateway when infotainment will get 18xx versions.
What is your CAN gateway part number and version number?

My gateway Hardware number: 5WA907530C

I think that must be revision B or later for get latest updates for infotainment.
Maybe revision B is too old too, my C works fine

https://www.golfmk8.com/forums/inde...-software-updates.391952/page-21#post-7821776
how i can get link to download 18xx versions. help me Friend

tos

Go Kart Champion

Chriz1

Passed Driver's Ed
are 2023 cars getting these common errors ? im tempted to get a GTE used to have a 2021 GTD sold it far to many errors

Sniffer

I have a 2024 GTI and the Infotainment system on it is still crap. A few weeks ago the system completely froze during a 200 mile trip, which meant I had no Satnav or control over any of the other integrated functions.

And, last week I was driving along a motorway at 70 mph with the cruise control active and the car suddenly slowed to 20 mph. The reason was the Satnav thought I was 25 miles away on a side street in central Edinburgh. That's positively dangerous!

My dealership say that they have informed VW UK and I'm now waiting to hear what they have to say. Based on previous experience with my last Mk 8, I am not holding my breath!

Attachments

• 20240611_184505.jpg
    20240611_184505.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 240
Last edited:

PanEuropean

Ready to race!
I have a 2024 GTI and the Infotainment system on it is still crap....
HI @Sniffer -

Sorry to hear about the problems you are having. If it is any comfort, you have the most recent release of software for your infotainment system installed.

As for the GPS location error you mentioned: Don't be too quick to blame VW for that one. In recent years there has been a dramatic increase in reports of inaccurate GPS positions from vehicle navigation systems, and many of these errors are due to commercial drivers (truckers) using GPS jamming or spoofing systems in their vehicles to defeat GPS tracking systems that their employer has installed in their truck to track vehicle location & driving behavior. It is entirely possible that you might have been driving beside a truck in which one of those jammers was installed.

Michael

tos

Go Kart Champion
Car should stay on the correct road by steering angle sensor and speed, even without gps at all.
But after couple turns to new road it will going to sail away.

VW replaced my roof antenna couple years ago because it lost signal to the heaven.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car should stay on the correct road by steering angle sensor and speed, even without gps at all.
But after couple turns to new road it will going to sail away.

VW replaced my roof antenna couple years ago because it lost signal to the heaven.
My Mk7 used to regularly believe it was back at Wolfsburg, so nothing new.

PanEuropean

Ready to race!
A new software update 1983 is coming for the Golf 8...
What we don't know, though, is whether that new software update affects anything on the North American Golf MK 8 vehicles.

The European vehicles have a much more complex (meaning, more interactive with VW servers) infotainment system than North America. It is possible that this new update may only contain changes applicable to European cars.