GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

feds85

Update:
SOS / Emergency call issue / Navigation issue - I was on vacation last week and the car stayed one week on the hotel parking. I drove 900 km with all that issue and weird car driving behaviour due to the navi issue (the car slowing down on a highway - thinking that there is a turn in front of me...

I started the car after one week - no issue with sos/emergency and navigation. And now it is working for several days in a row.

Gear box braking issue - no change - still bad!

Waiting for dealer service check at 19th Sept.
Update: SOS/emergency - not working. NAVI - wrong location / Not working properly. DSG - gearbox behaviour - bad.

Anyone - some new update about gearbox?

JonG

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Well all my updates were all completed in three days thankfully including the big one 91CU

One of them (presumably the 90S8 one) has definitely made the gearbox more jerky when braking gently at low speeds as a few have mentioned earlier (like braking down from 20mph to 10mph). Seems to be worse in ECO mode so I'm sticking to Comfort now !!

Good site for checking service campaigns found here :-

https://www.volkswagen.com.au/app/locals/owners-service/service-campaigns-recalls

Attachments

• Campaign Screenshot.jpg
    Campaign Screenshot.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 302

JonG

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
I had my Golf for a few days after the update. What I noticed so far...
What I did really notice it's the jankyness of breaking. At high speed, breaking it's smooth, but at low speed (like smoothly stopping at a red light) it is not at all. I feel like sometimes the issue is when it changes gears it acts as a manual when you depress the clutch pedal too quick and the car stutters. Sometimes I press the brake pedal to a point and maintain it there but the deceleration is not smooth, as if I would depress the brake pedal. One time I was slowly stopping and I felt like the car stopped to decelerate so I pressed the brake pedal harder but then the deceleration kicked in again plus the extra breaking which made a really bing stutter. I will have to take it back to the shop and see what is going on.
Sorry, I can't really explain it well in English as it is not my main language.
Regarding the brake issues. I noticed that the issue appears when the car downshifts. So I did a little testing. I drove the car manually using the gear levels. I did a slow long (almost) stop from 6th gears to 2nd gear. From 6th to 4th gears there were no issues, but once I downshifted to 3rd gear it was like when I started how to drive and released the clutch to soon. Same thing from 3rd to 2nd gear.

If anyone else could try that to to see if it's similar would be nice.

Same here ... really noticeable at low speed (20-10mph gentle braking) since updated software - very jerky downchange.

feds85

Hello all. I have a car back (2 days at the dealer).

SOS/Emergency call issue - problem with GPS module/antenna, probably some humidity impact, the connectors were corroded. They changed the whole GPS module/antenna and problem solved. Now SOS/Emergency call no issue and Navigation also working correctly.

DSG behaviour - issue reported to VW - answer from VW - they know about this and they are working on a software update. Problem is related to hybrid management/software and will be solved later with software update - recall to local dealer or OTA, they could not confirm now.

I am happy that they know about this DSG behaviour and looking forward to get the new update soon.

Reactions: tos

Martinbury

Passed Driver's Ed
I have seen a couple of new My23 cars with 1898 software on them. But nothing in regards to OTA yet.
An Italian Golf 8 owner found this Oil Level Popup on the AID display when he opened the hood and switched the ignition on without starting the engine. It seems it will not appear if the car has only been driven.
Tried it on my eHybrid but it does not work.
View attachment 259519
Hi Massimo - apologies for the delay in replying to this, but I get this oil level notification on my Golf, which only has the 1890 software package. As previously said, you need to open the bonnet then switch the ignition on. The image comes up after 3-4 seconds and disappears after about a further 5 seconds. It does beg the quest though as to why you have to open the bonnet for this to happen? If you’ve got this far, what would you trust the most - VW software or a physical check on the dipstick? I could understand it if it came on every time the ignition was switched on, but having to have the bonnet open makes no sense to me.

mageor

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi there Golf lovers. I am one of the unhappy owners of a Golf MK8 Style 1.5 150hp (3/2020) without battery. My software version number even after 91CU recall (5/2022), remains at 1668 instead of 1896, which have resolved lots of issues...The excuse at my local workshop was that my car had 5WA907530B gateway instead of 5WA907530C. I asked them to replace the gateway and they refused. I then took the initiative to buy with my own expense the newer Gateway which was compatible with my VIN, they installed it and I hoped that this could enable the car to get the newer 1896 software by reapplying the 91CU...Unfortunately after reapplying the 91CU, the system did not change the car's software version to 1896.....they did not give me any sane explanation...they said to me that the 91CU was already installed successfully...

Please, Massimo or any other member with some deeper knowledge...help me with this situation...

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Hi Mageor. Remember this - "For the 91CU there are 11 different criterions to follow. 1 is for the Gateway, 2 to 7 is for 1896 update/other CU updates, 8 and 9 climate control update, 10 ABA attivation correction and 11 is a brochure with weconnect information.
This is the information regarding criterion 10:
“on the affected vehicles, an activation of a function that is not correct for turning assistance with / without steering assistance to avoid obstacles is corrected.”"
Now if the 91CU recall on your car only has criterion 10 then there will be no software updates. VW should install the newer gateway and then change the criterion list to updating the software of the control units. In Germany it has been done with 2 Golf 8 with Gateway B so far.

mageor

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Mageor. Remember this - "For the 91CU there are 11 different criterions to follow. 1 is for the Gateway, 2 to 7 is for 1896 update/other CU updates, 8 and 9 climate control update, 10 ABA attivation correction and 11 is a brochure with weconnect information.
This is the information regarding criterion 10:
“on the affected vehicles, an activation of a function that is not correct for turning assistance with / without steering assistance to avoid obstacles is corrected.”"
Now if the 91CU recall on your car only has criterion 10 then there will be no software updates. VW should install the newer gateway and then change the criterion list to updating the software of the control units. In Germany it has been done with 2 Golf 8 with Gateway B so far.
Thank you Massimo...I already get them to install the C gateway and they did nothing with the criterion thing...It is a small local VW workshop in the Town I live (Drama-Greece)...I m that sure that they have the mood and/or the knowledge to do what you propose...

Wallop

Go Kart Newbie
One little improvement i've only just found since the last update is the voice control when asking it to play bbc radio 6 it always previously asked if i meant bbc radio Sussex and generally gave up after me shouting at it!
It now says do you mean one of these and displays a list on the screen you can now say yes number 2 and it will tune correctly. (Still puts radio Susssex as number 1 though).

tos

Go Kart Champion
Hello all. I have a car back (2 days at the dealer).

SOS/Emergency call issue - problem with GPS module/antenna, probably some humidity impact, the connectors were corroded. They changed the whole GPS module/antenna and problem solved. Now SOS/Emergency call no issue and Navigation also working correctly.
They replaced my roof antenna at last week. Now it's working.
They removed whole roof panel... I am afraid of more rattling

Donald

Passed Driver's Ed
Booked my car in for oil change last week for tomorrow got phone call from dealer today saying it needs a software update which could take 3 days, not allowed by VW to just do the oil change and rebook the software update, they have no spare loan cars. Nightmare on software 1666 VW GOLF 8 R LINE FEB 2021

p.eTSI

Passed Driver's Ed
Booked my car in for oil change last week for tomorrow got phone call from dealer today saying it needs a software update which could take 3 days, not allowed by VW to just do the oil change and rebook the software update, they have no spare loan cars. Nightmare on software 1666 VW GOLF 8 R LINE FEB 2021
We had a similar situation in the past week.
They told us there were 2 campaigns for our car and they CANNOT let a car leave their premisis without applying outstanding campaigns.
They told us whilst an Oil Service & Inspection is a 'while you wait' affair, they are requested to leave 4-6 hours PER campaign. Hence they told us they'd need the car for 2 days (this messaging was consistent across 3 dealers).

In the end, the took the car at 1000hrs and returned it back to us by 1730hrs the same day! Maybe that gives you hope.