GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

Oberman

Today I got the OUG1 Update too for my dec 2020 Golf 8 GTE
Still on software 1788 though. Got only minor updates so far, but no 18xx of even 19xx software.
I am Dutch btw

Chriz1

Passed Driver's Ed
I updated to 1941 on weekend now today had notification for OUG1 Update I thought they were the same thing ?

Idiotwind

Passed Driver's Ed
I’m sure a really stupid question but when the guides say plug in the battery charger what do they mean?
Am toying with trying the manual update but any idea if it will fix the bing bonging ‘emergency assist/travel assist’ alerts that have come back after being fixed a year ago with new steering wheel.
Losing the car for a whole day to get it looked at is a huge pain as inevitably involves having not take a day off work.

s3bax

Go Kart Newbie
So the OUG1 software update is for the telematic OCU unit which you will find behind the AID display. It updates the software to 144.
Has nothing to do with the infotainment system…

Then what is it supposed to fix? I'm getting confused with all this updates talk here..

Still didn't get the OUG1.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
A display appeared on my infotainment screen saying that an update was going to take place and various functions (including something to do with travel assist) would not be available for ten minutes. Unfortunately several times this message appeared less than ten minutes before the end of my journey. Eventually today a message appeared saying that the software update had been completed.

Does anyone know what this update included?

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
According to the description of the update in the car, the following is improved or stabilized:

- the update process includes a cyber security patch
- the user management
- the GPS accuracy of the navigation
- Privacy settings
- the network connection
- indications for upgrades
- the legal emergency call eCall:
- automatic trigger detection
- Data transmission
- Pop-up, LED and audio behavior
- Automatic redialling
- We Connect remote functions

samgti16v

Passed Driver's Ed
Got my OUG1 update in UK today, took a while to download then installed while car was locked.
IMG_4057.jpeg
IMG_4058.jpeg

s3bax

Go Kart Newbie
The update popped up for me too when I moved my car in the driveway. Will probably be installed later when I will drive to work.

Eric of Ayr

what settings have you got now?
my tsi golf was built 2020
after upgrade...

part number 5H0035816K
H56
Software 1899
mine is H40 3070

Last edited: