GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

BlackShadow250

Yeah it's normal that the shop didn't work after the replacement. After a few days, the update comes automatically and the shop works again. ;)

clubsport452021

H58 is solid and H56 makes problems? No! The only important thing in the MIB3 unit is the ARM processor (CPU, GPU, RAM) and between H56 and H58 the ARM hasn't changed. Only the software makes the difference. ;)

MY20 with H56 and Software 1896 run's same as MJ23 with H58 and Software 1896. Only the initial software from H56 (e.g. SW16xx) makes problems.
OK good, you seem to be an expert. What's the difference between H58 and H56? Why are people getting H58 to replace H56? I had huge issues with an MY20 with H56 running 1896, maps distorting, reboots etc.

BlackShadow250

I'm not an expert... I'm just interested in the topic and have a lot of knowledge from other forums. ;)

H56 vs H58:
Small things have changed, such as conductive tracks on the circuit board, some unimportant chips and maybe capacitors, but not the SoC (CPU, GPU, RAM). And the SoC is the most important component in the MIB3, trust me.

why is the replacement H58:
I think because not all components for H56 are longer available. I can imagine that H58 was developed because of delivery bottlenecks and not for a better performance.

Bugs:
- distorting maps in SW1896? On AID?
I think this was an issue in SW1890 (only on AID - blurred Video-Stream from MIB3). The bug should be fixed with 1896. At least that's what others say in german forum.
- Reboots are a problem that comes from the OCU and unfortunately still not fixed yet. Also not with OUG1 - OTA Update for OCU3.
- H/K bug should be fixed with SW1941

keith1200rs

Passed Driver's Ed
I have been watching this thread with interest, but my wife's new car has H61 hardware and 1900 software! Presumably this is a later version?

zniper

Some interesting news coming from a German forum that 1941 might be released next week...
Let's hope this is the case.

mageor

Passed Driver's Ed
Question for those who know more than me.... Is it technically possible to revert the Infotainment version from 1941 to 1899? I was one of those who updated the Infotainment with usb...

mageor

Passed Driver's Ed
Why would you want to do that ?
I own a 3\2020 VW Golf 8 Style and live in Greece. It was one of those first Golf 8s that could not make the jump from 1668 through 91CU recall. The problem was the gateway. So I paid myself to get the newer gateway and after communication with Germany I got the 1896 and 1899. Although I got the update, several newer problems arose... I lost Navigation, I lost voice commands, I got some errors about acc and sign recognition... So the transition did not got well... So I started sending emails and opened support tickets... I visited 3 to 4 times the local Authorized workshop with no solution at all.... Suddenly I read about the 1941 update and took a calculated risk and proceeded to upgrade, having in mind that that could solve my car problems.... Unfortunately not one problem solved. I again turned to the official VW support and they finally told me that the Infotainment unit (5F) needs to be replaced, but they could not cover it because I tampered the Infotainment and installed myself the update. Meanwhile the latest recall came out which updates the fist Mk8 Golfs... A total mess..... With the 1941 Software there is nothing to be tried.... It's unofficial... I regret that I Installed it...so I want to reinstall the previous official one, in order to be helped by software, via official procedures.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I own a 3\2020 VW Golf 8 Style and live in Greece. It was one of those first Golf 8s that could not make the jump from 1668 through 91CU recall. The problem was the gateway. So I paid myself to get the newer gateway and after communication with Germany I got the 1896 and 1899. Although I got the update, several newer problems arose... I lost Navigation, I lost voice commands, I got some errors about acc and sign recognition... So the transition did not got well... So I started sending emails and opened support tickets... I visited 3 to 4 times the local Authorized workshop with no solution at all.... Suddenly I read about the 1941 update and took a calculated risk and proceeded to upgrade, having in mind that that could solve my car problems.... Unfortunately not one problem solved. I again turned to the official VW support and they finally told me that the Infotainment unit (5F) needs to be replaced, but they could not cover it because I tampered the Infotainment and installed myself the update. Meanwhile the latest recall came out which updates the fist Mk8 Golfs... A total mess..... With the 1941 Software there is nothing to be tried.... It's unofficial... I regret that I Installed it...so I want to reinstall the previous official one, in order to be helped by software, via official procedures.
Sorry to hear of your issues.

Unfortunately, there‘s always a risk when making changes and performing unofficial updates like this that they may not work. I’ve read on various forums (maybe on this forum as well), that software updates don’t always work correctly even when the dealer applies the update. However, if a dealer update goes wrong, then at least it’s then for the dealer to find a solution with assistance from VW’s tech team.

If it is possible to reinstall the previous software version, there’s a risk that VW may still be unwilling to help if the update history for your car shows an unofficial software version had previously been installed, in the same way they’re able to tell if a car has been mapped and the map has subsequently been removed by interrogating the car’s ECU.

Good luck, I hope you find a resolution to your problem.

Chriz1

Passed Driver's Ed
Try and let us know if it does work
That's a shame, tdy it and let us know if it does work.
If its unofficial why has 1941 been created in first place and by who ?

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Who knows who wrote the software.
It's not official. but the link to the website (hosted in Moscow from a brief Internet search - who knows for sure?) has been put on here by a man from the Internet.
So I guess it must be legit; why cant the official VW dealerships see this?
And if it is official but not available to dealerships yet, does that mean it’s a test version that’s not been officially signed off for use in customers’ cars? If so, then might it be potentially ‘buggy’?

Each to their own, but I don’t think I’d download it to my car.

Heggsz

Anyone in the know about this update?
1685970517849.png