GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

tos

Go Kart Newbie
My info system completely reboots after the symbol Parking Assist Manoeuvre appears on the dashboard when driving and I don’t have Parking Assist. Software is 1899.
That shows up every time when you rebooting infotainment by pressing power button for a long time.

tos

Go Kart Newbie
Some small update came today

I am not sure if it is for the manual, but version was before 1.68.1 and after 4.3.6 ??!

Last edited:

clubsport452021

I picked up a loan car, March 2023 GTI, on Monday. Interesting looking at the SW version. I upgraded mine to 1941 with no issues a couple of months ago.

Newer car has this:

IMG_1479.jpg

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Hi. Just got the 1941 software update done at the workshop and i found that a change is also done in the adaptation code which fixes a problem with the Bluetooth connection between the smartphone and vehicle that sometimes automatically disconnects/fails. This occurs only if two smartphones are actively paired at the same time and at least one of the two smartphones is an Apple device.

tempImagebmjSDU.png

satel

Passed Driver's Ed
Do I need to have active We Connect to update OUG1 and OUF1?
Small upgrades appeared via hotspot and wi-fi, but not OUG1 and OUF1
The software is 1941 !
Thanks

bucky208

My golf is a few months old, the infotainment was hell, restarts every 3 rides. Update @ workshop fixed it so far. Running 1941 now. Came from 1900.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Do I need to have active We Connect to update OUG1 and OUF1?
Small upgrades appeared via hotspot and wi-fi, but not OUG1 and OUF1
The software is 1941 !
Thanks
Well you won't be getting OUF1 unless you got the 1899 OTA already. You have 1941 now.
OUG1 is the OCU OTA update to 144. And yes you need to have weconnect active and privacy set to minimum on the infotainment. Also the globe needs to be white. Are you sure you didn't get these updates already?

Since I have had the 1941 installed I can say no more reboots have happened so far.

daveb15

Ready to race!
Last edited:

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion

satel

Passed Driver's Ed
Well you won't be getting OUF1 unless you got the 1899 OTA already. You have 1941 now.
OUG1 is the OCU OTA update to 144. And yes you need to have weconnect active and privacy set to minimum on the infotainment. Also the globe needs to be white. Are you sure you didn't get these updates already?

Since I have had the 1941 installed I can say no more reboots have happened so far.
I no longer have an active web-connect. The globe is white and privacy is kept to a minimum. I didn't get any updates over wifi or 5G