GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

tos

Go Kart Newbie
Nice to know, any idea since when they posted this? Is there any date with the information posted?
There was not date from that TPI.
I was on Erwin at before Christmas, and that TPI was gone... I did not find it anymore.

But today I noticed that the jerking applies to the (older) ECU versions 9974 and 1227
1672495283633.png

I have Software number: 05E906012Q, Software version: 1131, it runs fine

Last edited:

TheDutchieGolf8

Only by VCDS or obdeleven.
Okay, I don’t have it, and also read on the forum of obdeleven that someone had issues with their dealership because there was something wrong with the car, and they asked if he had changed something to the software, and he said yes. I am not sure if I want that kind of discussions with my dealer before all problems with the car are sorted.
Btw, I wrote another e-mail to my dealership, and they said and I quote: “They know about TPI 2067824, and so they are waiting on a solution from the factory. In the meantime they have no other options than to wait. They have configured a notification message on my car, so that they are informed when there is news on this issue. They will then contact me ASAP.”

tos

Go Kart Newbie
I saw that same topic.
Reading for example fault codes are safe, then you got txt file where you got information of installed modules.

Handydave

Go Kart Newbie
A few days ago the Golf threw a series of warning messages (emergency call limited visit workshop / manoeuvre braking not available / park distance control not available / dynamic road sign not available); the status light on the overhead console went red instead of green; and the infotainment screen spontaneously rebooted a few times before dying altogether.

My local VW dealer took the car in the next morning and diagnosed that a replacement infotainment control unit was needed and had been ordered. (In passing, he mentioned that it costs around £3,000 plus fitting plus VAT!) Got the car back 3 days later with the new unit fitted and all seems good. Great service!

Anyway, a few points that may be of interest:
  • I didn’t need to log in again when re-starting the vehicle and most of the settings seem to have been retained. Surprising!
  • The Device Part No and Software version has stayed the same at 5H0035816G and 1896 respectively (these last changed in August 2022 after the 91CU & 90S8 updates).
  • However, the Hardware Version has changed from H56 to H58.
  • All other values in the System Information menu have stayed the same, except (curiously) for the map version which went from 22.x (can’t remember the exact version) back to 21.2. Presumably this will update ota in the next day or so.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
A few days ago the Golf threw a series of warning messages (emergency call limited visit workshop / manoeuvre braking not available / park distance control not available / dynamic road sign not available); the status light on the overhead console went red instead of green; and the infotainment screen spontaneously rebooted a few times before dying altogether.

My local VW dealer took the car in the next morning and diagnosed that a replacement infotainment control unit was needed and had been ordered. (In passing, he mentioned that it costs around £3,000 plus fitting plus VAT!) Got the car back 3 days later with the new unit fitted and all seems good. Great service!

• I didn’t need to log in again when re-starting the vehicle and most of the settings seem to have been retained. Surprising!
  • The Device Part No and Software version has stayed the same at 5H0035816G and 1896 respectively (these last changed in August 2022 after the 91CU & 90S8 updates).
  • All other values in the System Information menu have stayed the same, except (curiously) for the map version which went from 22.x (can’t remember the exact version) back to 21.2. Presumably this will update ota in the next day or so.

With the cost (and unreliability) of some of the tech in modern cars, I think it’s essential for anyone owning one beyond the end of the original factory warranty to buy a good, comprehensive extended warranty. I certainly wouldn’t fancy getting hit with a bill for £3k, plus fitting, plus VAT 😧.

Hope your car is sorted now and spurious warning messages are a thing of the past.

Braxton

Passed Driver's Ed
Once the warranty on the infotainment system is up, in 5 years, the best thing to do is purchase a used infotainment or go to the supplier on Alibaba. For example

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165719842354 is a mk8 infotainment and it's only $400. The installation is a tad annoying but doesn't require special tools. I can possiblity see programming issues but obdeleven can handle that.

Even if you went to a third party shop you aren't going to pay $3000.

s3bax

Go Kart Newbie

Was it something like this: https://www.golfmk8.com/forums/inde...t-goes-black-and-crashes.405256/#post-7865978 ?

s3bax

Go Kart Newbie
Exactly like post #1 in that thread.
OK. That particular issue it's fixed (it actually started to work again when I came back in Germany), but would still crash and reboot sometimes (like in this video
). I took the car a few time to the service and they fixed it for some time then it happens again. Next time I will ask then to just change the head unit since the car is still in warranty.

NomYap

Car just started doing this update.
Is this the most recent one, anywhere I can see more notes on what this is for?

Attachments

• 69521304757__92D5CFFE-7AD4-405B-AE19-A5E352A411F2.jpg
    69521304757__92D5CFFE-7AD4-405B-AE19-A5E352A411F2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 386