GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

iPhone 5 vs Samsung Galaxy III

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
because i have an iPhone 5 and seeing people say it is better than another phone is stupid. it ISN'T better it just has other little querks that some don't. I personally think the iPhone is BORING. so no more nonsense comparing a boring phone to another boring phone.

Shini

Go Kart Champion
I don't think any one phone is really "better" than the other, they all have their trade offs, you just get the one with the trade offs you don't care about. What I don't get is people trying to defend and or support Apples stance on this lawsuit...

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
fuck Apple. the only good product they made was the original iPod. the rest of their products can suck my arsehole.

Shini

Go Kart Champion
iPhone is a good product, it's easy to use, the UI provides a good user experience, and the design is smexy :D

JeremiahIsaiah

Go Kart Champion
I dunno about the Galaxy III since I didn't look into it but I did have an HTC Inspire for the longest time. I recently got an iphone 5 (white color) and love it. I never care for Apple (no love or hate, just indifferent to the company) and must say this phone is nice. I am not the most tech savvy person out there...but this phone is super easy to use. I guess most smart phones these days with the touch screen and easy to read icons and what are user friendly but the iphone is really and truly. Just played with it for a while and got the hang of it rather quickly. Easy to navigate, set-up, its intuitive, and I love the design...so sleek. It looks really nice in white, so fresh and medical grade esque for lack of a better description. I normally pick black (all our cars black and phones) but I am glad I went with the white one. Seems to be the more popular choice too...doesnt show scratches as bad as the black. I didn't put a case on mine, it adds bulk/weight/heft. I like my phones naked. Anyways just my 2 cents. My next phone will be Apple most likely, satisfied customer so far.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
B-B-B-B-B-BUMP

GS3 gets its 4.1 rollout on Verizon tomorrow. Anyone root theirs on Verizon? Worth it at this point until the 4.2 roots become available (if they're not already).

MooreHeat

Ready to race!
This isn't directly related to iPhone vs GS3 or Apple vs Samsung... but just to show Apple isn't an innocent party...

The TC1100 just happened to be before it's time (like the EV1).

I don't give two shits about the four rounded corners lawsuit, pretty silly if you ask me. I care that I can customize the shit out of my phone to do exactly what I want it to do. Or leave it stock and still enjoy more than iOS. I should also mention that Google Now absolutely blows away Siri stuff. My phone finds tracking numbers in my email... and gives me tracking updates as they happen...... Fuckin' boss.

I search for "Nearest ______ location" in my house before I leave... my phone automatically finds that "nearest _________" and give me GPS directions before I'm even in my car. Fuckin' boss.

I have an appointment at 10.. usually takes me 30 mins to get there... but traffic is bad, my phone sees this and tells me I should leave by 9 to ensure I'm on time. Fuckin' boss.

I will give the only credit to Apple they deserve, they're marketing department knows how to convince people to buy an outdated product.

There's other things too like how Apple copied Android's pull down notification bar that's been around... well.. forever. Or how iPhone just got LTE. To each their own, we all have our preference. But you're naive to think that Apple isn't playing catch up to Samsung when it comes to features/new technology. They'll be an further behind when GS4 drops.

Go Android! :smoking:

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Google Maps is available for the ios6 today, that'll be the fastest downloaded app ever.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Google Maps is available for the ios6 today, that'll be the fastest downloaded app ever.

No kidding.

Installed it last night. Pretty slick app which was worth waiting for.

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
The same thing that I tell everyone asking me: get an Android if you want to open the doors to endless customization, get an iPhone if you want a phone that "just works." I personally think that the S3 is a much better phone, from both the specs and looks perspective. The iPhone5 just looks strange to me, too long and not wide enough (the 4/4s had a good ratio), but it is still a fantastic phone if you decide to go that route.

Also, http://www.cnet.com/8301-33506_1-57557848-306/galaxy-s3-beats-iphone-5-for-best-device-of-2012/

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Holy shit, my phone feels about 50% quicker, the new web browser quick controls are awesome, and the touch feedback is more pronounced.

ehancock

Ready to race!
Have you ever used a custom rom? How is it in direct comparison to ICS? I've been on cm10 for a whole and it feels so much better than the stock rom on my att s3 did.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Now that I've got 4.1 I'll wait for a bit before modding. I loaded a ICS on my Kindle Fire over the summer and loved the change so I'm going to do a bit of reading before choosing a ROM from my GS3. The change from 4 to 4.1 is pronounced so I imagine the ROMs with no bloatware would be a shade quicker.