GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jewfro's NA Miata

JewFro

Ready to race!
Got some new shoes just in time for winter! Discount Tire had a $100 rebate on a set of tires through their ebay store so it was too good to pass up. Went with 195/50 Dunlop DZ101's and couldn't be happier. Just enough tire to fill out the fenders more but still have a decent stretch.

Washed/waxed both cars today too. Likely only a few more days before time for winter hibernation.

JewFro

Ready to race!
Buy a Miata if you can, but I'm biased :)

They're really fun, raw, and back to the basics cars. Even though they're slow they're such a joy to zip around in. Everything is hyper responsive and the car reacts to the smallest input. Not a relaxing highway cruiser because of these traits but you know thats not what these were made for. 75mph is about 4k rpm with the 1.8l 4.10 diff and its even higher if you get a 1.6l with the 4.33. The GTI might be faster but the Miata always puts a smile on my face.

A bike would be fun though, I was saving for a bike too before buying the Miata.

JewFro

Ready to race!
Thanks! I test fitted one tonight and it looks like they'll fit pretty well with the right brackets. I'll likely go with the Bride low max brackets. My friend had these in his S15 with the Bride brackets and they seem to be very well made. Since Miatas are so narrow its tough to find a seat with shoulder wings that clear the door panels.

Sorry for the grainy low light pictures but you get the idea.

This showed up from Carbon Miata too. Very high quality piece! I'll report back once its fitted. The chicken wire will likely have to go though, not sure if I'm feeling it.

JewFro

Ready to race!
Too bad they're reps though :(

Then again, I have no shame and its amazing how well they're built when you compare them to the real deal.

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
:iono:
Too bad they're reps though :(

Then again, I have no shame and its amazing how well they're built when you compare them to the real deal.

I was going to ask but could really care less. My buddy has some brides reps in his s13 coupe and I honestly wouldn't know the difference. They feel real to me. :iono:

JewFro

Ready to race!
Got to work tonight tearing the car apart for winter changes

Cage, seat frames, and valve cover are all being powder coated candy purple.

Also ordered FM frame rail braces, Enthuza test pipe, Racing Beat sport mid-pipe, and Bride seat mounts tonight. I tried mocking up the factory sliders to the brides but in order to get them to mount flat against the Brides you'd lose the sliding function. Based on the S15 Bride brackets that came on the seats the Miata ones should be very well built.

Unfortunately I noticed this carnage tonight. Beyond that my lip was partially ripped out of the bumper (thankfully an easy fix). The worst part is my roommate caused the damage 4 weeks ago when he needed the garage to change his oil and I wasn't home to move the car (out of town). My driveway has a large drop at the end which I built ramps to get the car over but he must've done the following: Laid the ramps between the drop and street causing open space under the ramp, collapsed the ramps and beached the car and then proceeded to drag the car into the street and then drag it back up the driveway to get it into the garage. Since he put the cover back on I had no idea until tonight :mad: I've cooled off a bit but was pretty heated earlier. This is pretty bad damage, you don't just do that and not think something might have been damaged.

I knew he broke the ramps which he apologized for but this is ridiculous.

Hes lucky hes out of town because we'll be having a few words when hes back along with him paying for the frame rail braces that are now needed.

JewFro

Ready to race!
Haven't updated this in ages

Shes back on the road though! After 3 months my Bride seat rails finally shipped and will be here Thursday *fingers crossed they're the right ones* If they're not heads will roll. Purple roll bar and valve cover are on :)

Coils have been rebuilt with 9k/7k springs, revised rear shocks with 1" more travel, and different bump stops. I was having snap oversteer issues during auto-x last season and figured out the shock piston was physically bottoming out before hitting the bump stop. Fortune auto handled the situation perfectly and at no cost to me.

Azenis showed up for auto-x/track use :)

Then my MK1 buddy and I went car fagging

Crap shot, but, dat vent