GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jewfro's NA Miata

JewFro

Ready to race!
Haha, watching autox videos makes it seem so slow and boring but it's so fun driving them. The car sounds great, it looks like your run was clean other than your finish.

Haha its so true. The videos are always so anti-climatic and without riding in a car its pretty hard to sell someone on auto crossing. I was going to be a really fast run until that spin :thumbdown:

There are two more events next weekend I'll run in and try disconnecting the rear sway as Lavaine and others have recommended.

JewFro

Ready to race!
Thank god this happened in my driveway today. Wired up the horn and noticed a small crack at the hub spline and decided the hub had to go. I was about to head over to my storage unit to snag the stock wheel when this happened backing out of the driveway...

JewFro

Ready to race!
A few action shots from recent auto-x's

Was trying to figure out why the front left was rubbing at the auto-x. Turns out the tire was actually hitting the inner fender structure so I raised it up a bit to take care of that. It wasn't immediately apparent it was rubbing on the actual structure so I pulled the fender liners and after the auto-x saw the paint rubbed off the inner fender.

Rub rub rub

No rubbing

Still trying to figure out a wheel situation for H2O, probably going to be rolling low on the Moda's but w/e they're so 90's :)

Also, roll bar is finally here! After two months it finally showed up and I'm the first to actually receive theirs. It fit like total shit too. The rear leg mounting plants were bent during shipment, every mounting hole had to be redrilled, and the down bracket mounts (front mounts) hit the seat belt coil assembly brackets so about .5" had to be cut off the mounts. Took about 7 hours to mod/install and its still not totally done. Have to modify some interior panels to "fit" around the bar

Sorry, no good pics of it yet

Apexeater

Ready to race!
That is too bad about the roll bar, I think I would have raised a stink if I had waited that long only to get a poorly fitted unit.

Nice build thread. Wait until you get to FI then the fun begins. Here is my weekend toy:

JewFro

Ready to race!
Nice ride Apex, is that an MSM? I should've raised a stink but after waiting that long I didn't want to be without a bar until next season, besides, how that its installed it looks fine.

Decided to get "stancy" today and put my Equip 01's on. 8's up front, 9's out back. No idea on the offset since they're not stamped. They were a display wheel for Work and never intended for resale, how my buddy got them is beyond me. Anyways spacers and open end lugs will be here tomorrow.

Since we were dicking around at my buddy's shop I spun the coils way down and almost beached the car trying to get back into the shop parking lot after a comical quick spin down the street basically dragging the plastic under tray. Needless to say the coils came back up a bit. Spacers and different tires will have it sitting right tomorrow.

Fender prep

And my friends S15 just because

Last edited:

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
Did you ever end up getting that FC? Heading to H2o?

My friend actually bought it. I bailed because it needed some work. He put his VS-XX and some BC coils on it, drove it for a little while and just traded it last night for a slammed GS400.

Yup, heading down Friday early afternoon. I can't wait!

JewFro

Ready to race!
My friend actually bought it. I bailed because it needed some work. He put his VS-XX and some BC coils on it, drove it for a little while and just traded it last night for a slammed GS400.

Yup, heading down Friday early afternoon. I can't wait!

Ah good to hear you're heading down, swing by the Friday Miata meet at the convention center around noon!

Also, T4T is coming up... you planning on going again?

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
Ah good to hear you're heading down, swing by the Friday Miata meet at the convention center around noon!

Also, T4T is coming up... you planning on going again?

I probably won't be down til 5-6 on friday or else I would.
I don't know if i'm going to make the trek out to the harrisburg gtg. There's one in philly usually the same day that has a better turnout from what i've seen. I might try that one out this year.

Heres a pic of the FC before my friend sold it. Fun for a short time since the only thing it did well was look good haha.

Apexeater

Ready to race!
Nice ride Apex, is that an MSM? I should've raised a stink but after waiting that long I didn't want to be without a bar until next season, besides, how that its installed it looks fine.

Thanks, Yes it is a MSM.

JewFro

Ready to race!
A few from H2O

Rolling low :)

Unfortunately they're all shots from when friends and I traded cars