GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Least favorite car

LiggyGTI

So I have been having knee issues recently and decided to lay off my GTI for a few days since the clutch wasn't helping. I asked my mom to borrow hers for a few days (Acura TSX) which is nice and all but seeing a CW GTI drive by made me miss my GTI. Mind you I've only had my GTI for a month!

This made me start thinking about how much I love driving my GTI and not anything else anymore. I drive many different cars since at work we have company cars we use instead of using our personal cars.

My question for everyone is what is your least favorite (or most hated) car you have ever driven, whether it was owned, borrowed, test driven, or any other opportunity you had to drive it. I'll start with mine being a Saturn Vue we have as a company car here. Absolutely worst car I have EVER driven. :thumbdown:

jbondbmw

Ready to race!
Car I have driven new (rental): Chevy Aveo sedan
Car that was high mileage (body shop loaner): '03 Chevy Venture with 123k miles

hvltg

Ready to race!
pontiac aztec... never drove it, but i cringe when i see it!
how & why?!

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 397

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
an early 2000s mustang v6 for a rental car. what a piece

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
pontiac aztec... never drove it, but i cringe when i see it!
how & why?!

My question for everyone is what is your least favorite (or most hated) car you have ever driven, whether it was owned, borrowed, test driven, or any other opportunity you had to drive it.

Lets keep it within cars you've actually experienced. That'll make it a lot more fun. Because personally, I've driven an Aztec and never thought it DROVE bad...it looked terrible but drove better than some Chevy's that I experienced.

As for my taste, I've driven TONs of vehicles for benchmarking and NVH/Windnoise/BSR activities and I will narrow it down to 3, in no particular order:

1) Chevy Camaro: Horrible boatlike feel that you CANNOT SEE OUT OF! Terrible texured plastic that gives me nervous chills when I rub my hand over.
2) Ford Contour: Drives Terrible (Worse than Neons, Cavaliers, etc. etc.) Seats were crap cloth, plastic was chipping, brake issues, too much windnoise, just sucked all around. It was my first car :)
3) 93 Ford Mustang GT Convertible: Need I say more?

Buckshot

Passed Driver's Ed
My sister drove an early 90s Pontiac Sunbird coupe when she was in college. It's hard to imagine a more awful car. The engine died of natural causes long before it hit 100,000 miles.

zVp

Go Kart Champion
2006 Hyundai Accent. Apparently it had one of the highest frontal crash ratings and very good side crash ratings. I'm really, really, extremely skeptical about that. I had it for a rental.

I thought I was going to die while driving 100 km/h on the highway. I hope to god the new one is better.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I guess it would be either a PT Cruiser or Honda Insight. Both were owned by my parents. I still question them about these purchases, though the Insight was warranted for my Dads' 100 mile commute every day. I might even throw my Moms' new Altima hybrid. Sure it was confortable and the Bose stereo was bitchin', but it did make me feel so unconnected to the road. I was being driven, not the other way around like in my car!

Eric_Thompson

The car I had before my GTI... 4 cylinder Camry...while towing a 20 foot boat. On an Interstate highway.

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
A Chevy Cavalier I got as a loaner while my Mazda6 was in for service since the dealer was a joint Chevy/Mazda.

I'm 6'7 and my knees were in my face.

tzd

Ready to race!
Ford Focus.

I've driven both the current model and the model before that as rentals. The car is uncomfortable and twitchy and visibility is not very good. Also the interior is ugly with the vertical vents, like it's trying to look like the Decepticon logo.

The current model has that flat notch on the steering wheel at the 10 and 2 position that tries to make it look like a GTI steering wheel, but it plainly gets in the way of your thumbs and is very uncomfortable.

I know there's RS fans out here but I've not driven that, so I can't comment. But after driving the standard Focus I have no wish to drive the RS. On the other hand, I bought my Golf primarily because of the great experience I've had driving a rental MkV Jetta to Yellowstone.

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
Chevy HHR (rental). One of the worst modern cars I've ever driven.

Also an old (pre-2000s) Chevy Cavalier my driving instructor had. The gear-shift on that car was like a stick in a box of rocks and the engine sounded like a vacuum cleaner. Also built like a tin can.