GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Let's see your PC's

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Yeah, it definitely is. A large chunk of the SFF community has that "I'm more sophisticated than you because my case is just a plain box with no RBG!" mentality, and case manufacturers have leaned into that.

View attachment 290064 View attachment 290065View attachment 290066

View attachment 290067View attachment 290068View attachment 290069

They're all just plain black boxes of various sizes lol.
I don't need like a glass panel or anything like that. I don't care for showing off the inside of the pc anymore. Something with a cooler looking design would be nice though.

What's that bottom middle one? Looks kinda like the NZXT H1 with more mesh.

The H1 is a $400 case though.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I don't need like a glass panel or anything like that. I don't care for showing off the inside of the pc anymore. Something with a cooler looking design would be nice though.

What's that bottom middle one? Looks kinda like the NZXT H1 with more mesh.

The H1 is a $400 case though.

No NZXT case is worth $400 :ROFLMAO:

That's the Ssupd Meshlicious.

https://ssupd.co/products/meshlicious

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I kinda like that one. That might work for me, or something like the Hyte Revolt 3.

It's pretty popular. Optimum Tech did a good review of it, he does a ton of SFF content.

Fuck Ssupd, and fuck Lian Li though.

SFF case drama:

Ncase is two people. Necere and Wahahaha360.

Ssupd approached W360 to design a product that later became known as Meshlicious. They had a contract for payment on two products including a Meshlicious2. When W360 completed both products, Ssupd refused to pay him the agreed amount. W360 tried to work it out amicably, but Ssupd wouldn't budge, so they took it to court.

Since Ssupd is a daughter company of Lian-Li, this turbulence could affect the production of the Ncase M1. Lian-Li can withhold the shipment or dunk the quality, it wasn't worth continuing their business relationship. The two owners agreed that the age of the M1 and the lawsuit is a signal they should stop production and move.

W360 is also the owner/designer of FormD and the T1. The manufacturing is from another source. So the new NCase product will be supplied by the factory that makes the T1.

tl;dr: Ssupd be shifty fucks that refused to pay the designer. Meshlicious is a stolen IP.

My own thought on the matter is the Meshlicious probably became far more popular than expected, and they didn't want to pay him the initial agreed upon portion of the profits.

I have too much respect for Ncase, Necere, & W360 to support Lian Li/Ssupd. I think the original Ncase is one of the best cases ever designed, and is such a huge part in bringing SFF into more mainstream. I was there when that shit was designed in real time back on the [H] forums like a decade ago. Just my own opinion though.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
It's pretty popular. Optimum Tech did a good review of it, he does a ton of SFF content.

SFF case drama:

Ssupd approached W360 to design a product that later became known as Meshlicious. They had a contract for payment on two products including a Meshlicious2. When W360 completed both products, Ssupd refused to pay him the agreed amount. W360 tried to work it out amicably, but Ssupd wouldn't budge, so they took it to court.

Since Ssupd is a daughter company of Lian-Li, this turbulence could affect the production of the Ncase M1. Lian-Li can withhold the shipment or dunk the quality, it wasn't worth continuing their business relationship. The two owners agreed that the age of the M1 and the lawsuit is a signal they should stop production and move.

W360 is also the owner/designer of FormD and the T1. The manufacturing is from another source. So the new NCase product will be supplied by the factory that makes the T1.

tl;dr: Ssupd be shifty fucks that refused to pay the designer. Meshlicious is a stolen IP.

My own thought on the matter is the Meshlicious probably became far more popular than expected, and they didn't want to pay him the initial agreed upon portion of the profits.

I have too much respect for Ncase, Necere, & W360 to support Lian Li/Ssupd. I think the original Ncase is one of the best cases ever designed, and is such a huge part in bringing SFF into more mainstream. I was there when that shit was designed in real time back on the [H] forums like a decade ago. Just my own opinion though.
That sounds fun.

I have no loyalty with pc part companies. lol
Except samsung...I do a lot of samsung ssds and it's the only part I'm consistently ordering from the same company.

M1 evo looks good too though. Doesn't have the sandwich setup and allows for a lot more fans than I've seen on other cases. It's a little more than I'd want to spend.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
That sounds fun.

I have no loyalty with pc part companies. lol
Except samsung...I do a lot of samsung ssds and it's the only part I'm consistently ordering from the same company.

Don't get me wrong. I usually have no morals or brand loyalty lol. It's just this one situation because I hold the original Ncase M1 in such high regard.

M1 evo looks good too though. Doesn't have the sandwich setup and allows for a lot more fans than I've seen on other cases. It's a little more than I'd want to spend.

I have one on order that should ship this month. But I usually expect these things to be delayed at least a month.

They have 30 billion different configurations available. They've said the "main" one is supposed to be the inverted layout, with the GPU on top. Not really a fan of that layout, I don't like exhausting hot air out the bottom since my case is right next to my mouse. When I got my new components last month, I moved back over to an NR200 from the OG M1 for better cooling, and hoping I can replicate my current setup in the M1EVO.

1694023613551.png

I want to do that layout, with a 280mm AIO on the side, and some exhaust fans mounted to the top. Will find out eventually...

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I think from what I've seen so far the inside set up of the M1 evo is my favorite, but any exterior design will have a hard time beating the Evolve Shift.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion

SFF case drama:

Meshlicious spiritual successor: https://www.caselabs.org/cases/freeflow

Damn, that one even has a config that supports ATX mobos and ATX psus, but my gpu wouldn't fit with that config.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Yep. Latest update as of last week was that they were looking to open up orders this month. I doubt you'll see it actually in people's hands before the end of the year.
That's shitty. I'm trying to come up with christmas ideas. lol

Last year I had my mom pre-order me a glorious model i 2 wireless for christmas. It was supposed to ship mid december, but production issues pushed pre-orders all the way back to late july.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Corsair 2000D doesn't look bad either. They're putting 3 fans on the front of that thing and fitting a 360 rad with 3 more fans on it. It's not the smallest case, but has a small foot print.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
That's shitty. I'm trying to come up with christmas ideas. lol

Last year I had my mom pre-order me a glorious model i 2 wireless for christmas. It was supposed to ship mid december, but production issues pushed pre-orders all the way back to late july.

Maybe it'll have a faster turn around time, who knows? Any time that timelines are given with these small batch project things, I just assume delays are inevitable. Like in July, they said they were supposed to take pre-orders in August.

1694033362427.png

Now it's supposedly this month.

1694033393930.png

Like the M1EVO, the first batch of orders was supposed to ship between 8/11 and 8/31. Still waiting to ship. It was supposed to be yesterday, now it's supposed to be this weekend.

1694033485009.png

1694033504587.png

I'm in the second batch that should ship out this month, 9/11 to 9/30, but I'm not holding my breath.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I'm not against the NR200. I'd still really like Evolv Shift the most, but I'm gonna have to do a lot of research on that one to figure out if I'd be comfortable sticking a 7900xt and 13700k in it.

I still need to spend more time looking at everything. I only do this every 4-5 years, so I need to take a look at every case I can and get the best one for me.

There's some open chassis stuff I found that I'm not completely against too.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
So I just discovered the Fractal Torrent I linked earlier today has a "nano" version, itx. Then I discovered it might be discontinued? It's not very available, but I really like it.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I got the Nano version of the Fractal Torrent on order. I guess we'll have to see what happens...I found a store that, at least online, claims they have a few left. I don't know if it's just on backorder or if it's discontinued, but I feel good about this one and don't want to miss it. As far as I can tell it's the only 3 left in the country. I have no idea what to expect from this store and if they'll actually ship it.