GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Let's see your PC's

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
What is your setup that you need the optical out for?
Some edifier speakers and a sub. The back of the sub has some rca jacks, a coaxial, and optical. I could just get a rca to 3.5mm cable, but I like the optical cables.

I think I got it figured out though. I've landed on the Asus Prime AP201 case. I still need to look at some amd mobos and see if I'd rather go 7800x3d over 13700 or not. The m-atx board for intel that I like the most also happens to have an optical port.

1694481301140.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Some edifier speakers and a sub. The back of the sub has some rca jacks, a coaxial, and optical. I could just get a rca to 3.5mm cable, but I like the optical cables.

I think I got it figured out though. I've landed on the Asus Prime AP201 case. I still need to look at some amd mobos and see if I'd rather go 7800x3d over 13700 or not. The m-atx board for intel that I like the most also happens to have an optical port.

View attachment 290421

Just make sure it will fit an mATX board, full sized GPU, ATX PSU, and 360 AIO at the same time.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Just make sure it will fit an mATX board, full sized GPU, ATX PSU, and 360 AIO at the same time.
I'm pretty sure the psu will fit, but I know the rest definitely will. I saw somene stick a 360 AIO in the top, a 4090 gpu, 3 fans on the bottom, and a fan on the back of that case. It won't be a big deal if the psu doesn't fit when I get everything, but I'm gonna try it with my current psu first.
1694483081740.png

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
I really like the AP201 , swapped from a fractal case . Building in it was pretty easy but I did have to get custom cables and I ended up using a full sized PSU

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I really like the AP201 , swapped from a fractal case . Building in it was pretty easy but I did have to get custom cables and I ended up using a full sized PSU
It's got a lot going for it that I really like. I spent a lot of time looking at cases this week and I didn't see anything this small that could fit this much and still have actual airflow going through it.

Plus I think it looks cool as hell all lit up with rgb. There's something about seeing through the mesh like that...
1694484227303.png

1694484344444.png

1694484489438.png

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
With todays pricing it's only a 94 cent difference between the intel build and the amd build I would do. I have a 7900xt and a 850 watt psu that I'll swap over.
1694485407404.png

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I've always been blue, but I've also always been green and now my green is red.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
"I don't want a plain black box"

plans to buy a plain black box

Not overly familiar with the case. Doesn't look too bad though. A decent size for a mid sized case. Good for a stepping stone on the path to the small side. Just wait another year or two, then chop off another 15L....

For Intel vs. AMD CPUs, I'm a fan of AMD. But don't think you can go wrong with either at this point.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I think as far as performance goes the 2 will be pretty similar, but the difference in power consumption....damn...look at the 13700k on there.
1694486860509.png

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
At least from the games he tested it looks like they kinda go back and forth between which is better. When the 13700k is better it's not a big difference, but when the 7800x3d is better it's quite a bit better. Sometimes they're the same. Then you have the big difference in power consumption. I may try amd out this gen.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
It's got a lot going for it that I really like. I spent a lot of time looking at cases this week and I didn't see anything this small that could fit this much and still have actual airflow going through it.

Plus I think it looks cool as hell all lit up with rgb. There's something about seeing through the mesh like that...
View attachment 290430
View attachment 290431

View attachment 290432
For me the airflow and esthetics were one of the main reasons I went with the case. I'm not a fan of too much rgb but single color setup do look pretty sweet . I would definitely recommend a modular sfx psu I will make the cable management alot easier. Definitely post some pics when you build the system. My hardware is a bit dated.
Ryzen 5 3600, 3060TI but I was very satisfied with the cable management.

Attachments

• PXL_20230626_041738577.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230626_041738577.PORTRAIT.jpg
    8.9 MB · Views: 67
  • PXL_20230626_040859173.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230626_040859173.PORTRAIT.jpg
    8.5 MB · Views: 65

avenali312

Autocross Champion
I love what Fractal Design does with their cases as far as simplicity and quietness goes. I have a Define R4 for my current workstation that I've just been repurposing over the years with new internals. It sits up on my desk right next to me and I can barely hear anything inside it except for the rare instances where the 4080 spools up (heatsink is huge, so the fans barely go over 30% haha). I was worried the airflow wouldn't be enough for my long rendering sessions, but nothing has overheated with some 11 to 12 hour renders with the CPU pinged at 100%.

Photo from anandtech:

1694524184580.png

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Anyone here have a sim racing setup? I'm gonne be building one soon and would love some feedback if the stuff I currently have picked out seems good or not.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Now that amazon has their holiday return policy active I feel comfortable starting to order stuff, so I took another look at the parts on my list. The lian-li aio I had on my list wasn't reviewed as well as I would have liked. There were complaints about failing pumps, bad software, and failing LEDs. Pumps may actually be failing because of the software. I saw multiple people saying the software wouldn't detect the pump at start up so it'd either not turn on at all or it'd be spinning at max rpms the entire time. I took that stuff off my list and replaced it with a deepcool aio. I'll save some money, still have a bunch of rgb, and still have fans that can be daisy chained together. Plus the deepcool aio doesn't need any software. I can just control it all through asus aura.

Then since I eliminated the need for extra software with the aio I decided that I'd do the same thing with the ram. I took the corsair ram off my list and replaced it with some teamgroup ram. The rgb on that can also be controlled with asus aura.

I joined /r/mffpc and the asus ap201 is all over the subreddit. Definitely seems to be the most popular m-atx case out there. I didn't know that before I picked it, but I know it'll be a good one now.

I won't have it built for a couple months, but these are the parts I'll be getting. I already have the GPU and PSU, but there's a chance I get a different PSU.
1698936021342.png