GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Midnight JDM/European street battle: EVO X vs STI vs GTI

Byza

Haters unite!!!
LOL... if you put wheels on your GTI its looks modified cos hardly anyone mods them... mine has just painted denvers and get lots of ricers wanting to rip me a new ring... so your with wheels, big brakes, lowered etc... hmmm wont be a sleeper look mate...

just get pics up and itll silence everyone.. it would be good to have you along at the next meet too...

JohnMatrix

Banned
1. Yes i modded the post, i forgot to put in the Rays 18's. The car does look stock apart from the wheels and ride height. Got the brake setup cheap on ebay.
2. I would be stupid for putting pics of my car on the net.
3. There is no way i'm going to go out on drives with members of this forum after the abuse/flaming i got when i wrote about the GTR. Yes you were entiltled to your opinion and i agree with what people said. However, the last thing i want is to go on a cruise and people taking the piss out of me.
4. I'm not concerned if people think i'm telling wild stories. This happened to me, and i'm sure others have had similar duals on the street with all types of cars.
5. The whole point of the post was to let you know about how the GTI faired against more expensive equipment. There is no malaise or lies involved.

Last edited:

Big Yellow

I'm Big and i'm Yellow!
Car(s)
MY09 VW Golf R32 DSG
with a name like JohnMatrix, he's probably imagining his car and his "races" in the other world LOL

Androo

lolwut... ??
1. Yes i modded the post, i forgot to put in the Rays 18's. The car does look stock apart from the wheels and ride height. Got the brake setup cheap on ebay.
2. I would be stupid for putting pics of my car on the net.
3. There is no way i'm going to go out on drives with members of this forum after the abuse/flaming i got when i wrote about the GTR. Yes you were entiltled to your opinion and i agree with what people said. However, the last thing i want is to go on a cruise and people taking the piss out of me.
4. I'm not concerned if people think i'm telling wild stories. This happened to me, and i'm sure others have had similar duals on the street with all types of car.
5. The whole point of the post was to let you know about how the GTI faired against more expensive equipment. There is no malaise or lies involved.

ORLY.... okay

JohnMatrix

Banned
john.. you have pics?

wouldnt mind seeing your beast as i havent seen it round south east QLD (bris & GC) and i head out to some cruise spots with my mates and never seen it nor have seen pics of it???

Isaw has seen my car at Willowbank before i put the other mods on. At that point i just had the stage 1 Revo tune. I usually go for cruises late at night when the law is not in such big numbers. My fav spots are Ipswich, Gold Coast, Deception Bay/Redcliff, and Sunnybank.

Androo

lolwut... ??
So you tell people where you cruise, though you wont post pics of your car... It won't be at all hard to spot a GTI hoon in those locations.... LOOK A GTI DOING 200KPH... AH THATS JOHNMATRIX MATE!

Last edited:

Jeffie

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Renault Megane R26
2WDs always have a chance against more powerful 4WDs on the roll, less drivetrain loss.

Big Yellow

I'm Big and i'm Yellow!
Car(s)
MY09 VW Golf R32 DSG
So you tell people were you cruise, though you wont post pics of your car... It won't be at all hard to spot a GTI hoon in those locations.... LOOK A GTI DOING 200KPH... AH THATS JOHNMATRIX MATE!
LOL

good idea telling all the cops where you go hoon at 200kph+!!!!

smart kid this one!!

JohnMatrix

Banned
LOL

good idea telling all the cops where you go hoon at 200kph+!!!!

smart kid this one!!

I don't go quick in these areas, it would be suicide due to how many police are out there. However it is good to cruise these spots at times as you can see many modded cars in these area's. lately i have been seeing more and more JDM than ever before together with XR6 turbo's etc.

Paul_OH

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf GT TSI
you really cannot be this silly, can you?

I can see the headline now "Police crackdown on euro vehicles following internet boasting", way to go!! :thumbdown:

One question though, If you didn't like the attention from the earlier thread, why do it again?

gokartgti

Garage Pics Updated
is that like suicide blonde or suicide bomber

JohnMatrix

Banned
I can see the headline now "Police crackdown on euro vehicles following internet boasting", way to go!! :thumbdown:

One question though, If you didn't like the attention from the earlier thread, why do it again?

Believe me my friend, i'm not boasting about anything. I'm just like you and everyone else, i like quick cars, no crime in that. Just letting you guys know how the GTI went against some good JDM cars. No harm is intended.

Androo

lolwut... ??
It's like talking to a brick wall.

Big Yellow

I'm Big and i'm Yellow!
Car(s)
MY09 VW Golf R32 DSG
Believe me my friend, i'm not boasting about anything. I'm just like you and everyone else, i like quick cars, no crime in that. Just letting you guys know how the GTI went against some good JDM cars. No harm is intended.
there's a difference between "letting us know" how your car goes up against these other cars and blatantly bragging about breaking the speed limit on public roads ie going 200kph+ and 100kph+ through a round-a-bout.

it these stupid acts (or made up stories) which we do not condone.

and like other people have said, will bring negative attention towards our cars and eventually will be classed as anotehr hoon vehicle like the wrx's, falcodores etc.

Driving at 200kph+ on a public street, Australia says NO!!!

tooraktrash

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Golf GTI

I think if you like quick cars and want to go street racing then you should go and buy an EVO or a STI. That way you can keep up and maybe beat some of the others, but most importantly you can get you arse out of a GTI for all our sake.

Thank you in anticipation.