GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTD

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
Looks great in red, and those wheels are the best I've seen on the MKVII yet.

That steering wheel is a downer, though.

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
I think i like this better than the gti in terms of looks.

ghotch

MKVI Owner
Like the plaid seats and the silver stitching in the interior...steering wheel is odd though.

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
I like this better than the MK7 GTI too...it still has the GTI(ness) about it but doesn't have the dumb red strip through the headlight and turbine style wheels.

C4L

Banned
I don't see what the fuss is about. Pay more than a GTI for slightly worse performance and slightly better mileage (largely offset by higher purchase price and higher priced fuel)?

Whoa there guy. In Europe the GTD is LESS than the GTI. And it gets 40% better mileage, not just slightly. And diesel fuel costs about the same as premium, which the GTI requires.

Even if it did cost $1k-$2k more than the GTI here in the States, at 15k miles/year it would take just 2-3 years to make that cost up. And the diesels hold their value better, are generally more reliable, and 280lb-ft of torque is no joke.

This MK7 GTD with 184hp/280lb-ft and 3,034 lbs (for the 5-door!!) will likely perform very similar to a stock MK6 GTI but of course return 40%+ better mileage.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
3000lbs .......

180hp 280tq?

"Adds to Wish List"

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
Whoa there guy. In Europe the GTD is LESS than the GTI. And it gets 40% better mileage, not just slightly. And diesel fuel costs about the same as premium, which the GTI requires.

Even if it did cost $1k-$2k more than the GTI here in the States, at 15k miles/year it would take just 2-3 years to make that cost up. And the diesels hold their value better, are generally more reliable, and 280lb-ft of torque is no joke.

This MK7 GTD with 184hp/280lb-ft and 3,034 lbs (for the 5-door!!) will likely perform very similar to a stock MK6 GTI but of course return 40%+ better mileage.

That depends on where you live. Some states like AZ have diesel at 20-30 cents per gallon higher than premium.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
I think it makes more sense in Europe(maybe in Canada) than US. What is the price difference in EU for GTD to GTI though?

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
I am surprise you say diesel is cheaper C4L, where I am in MI the diesel are more expensive than premium most of the time. Across the border in Canada the diesel is about the price of regular...