GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

GMan22

Ready to race!
Thanks, sorry navigating backwards and forwards through the thread on a mobile phone is painful.
After I saw your message on that, it was a couple of days later and I thought I would try the same, but got the usual canned message off speak to my dealer they have the latest info, etc. etc.
It’s a waiting game at the moment, although VW are probably hoping people get tired of waiting as they could make more money selling the car with todays prices rather than last years price.
I think it’s a luck of the draw because I’ve called last week some time and I got that message too but called today and they gave me an update. It’s random

Reactions: gjm

hm390

Have been told today the car will be built within the next couple of weeks and can expect delivery in 4-6 weeks…didn’t get a build week so who knows. GTE, 18” alloys and Dolphin grey ordered August 21. Fingers crossed!

GMan22

Ready to race!
I’m
Annoying as others ordered later seem to be getting earlier builds , dealer stated options chosen can have a effect but mine is bog standard
Could it be anything to do with dealer allocation? I know dealers are allocated a certain amount of orders per certain time period ? I know I could be talking out of my ass right now

saladdodger

I’m

Could it be anything to do with dealer allocation? I know dealers are allocated a certain amount of orders per certain time period ? I know I could be talking out of my ass right now
Could be , I ordered through a broker so their dealer of choice may have a big order list

Does anybody know when the MY23 new option changes show on the UK configurator, as there is a lot of errors on the Golf configuration at the moment?

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Does anybody know when the MY23 new option changes show on the UK configurator, as there is a lot of errors on the Golf configuration at the moment?
The errors might be an indication they’re trying to update the configurator at the moment - it’s not unknown (in fact it’s quite normal) for VW to introduce errors and inaccuracies into their product information when they update it 🤣. There’ve been instances of configurator showing images without gear levers / DSG shifters, the incorrect steering wheel for the model being configured etc. When VW produced model brochures, they invariably included errors in relation to vehicle spec.

Perhaps that should have been taken as a sign of things to come when VW started developing their own vehicle software…………..🤔

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
I would recommend that when someone orders a car that they print out the online brochure. Nowadays it’s so easy for a manufacturer to downgrade a car’s specification on their online site. It’s then difficult to argue the change of specification when it has been updated without warning. Back in the day when brochures were printed on paper the car’s details were in black and white (actually they were usually in colour), and it was difficult for a manufacturer to lower the spec without having to go to the expense of a brochure reprint.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I would recommend that when someone orders a car that they print out the online brochure. Nowadays it’s so easy for a manufacturer to downgrade a car’s specification on their online site. It’s then difficult to argue the change of specification when it has been updated without warning. Back in the day when brochures were printed on paper the car’s details were in black and white (actually they were usually in colour), and it was difficult for a manufacturer to lower the spec without having to go to the expense of a brochure reprint.
VW no longer produce online brochures - at least for the UK market; the last one for the Golf was dated 24/09/2021 and that won’t reflect MY23 vehicle spec. You could take screen shots of the relevant parts of the configurator, but you’re reliant on the information being accurate, and sadly that isn’t always the case.

VW always used to include the undernoted statement in their product literature - online or printed. This is from the last (September 2021) online brochure;

‘Prices, specifications, features, technical and other information (including fuel consumption, CO2 emissions and range) are updated regularly and are subject to change without notice (this may include changes between order and delivery). There may be a delay in updates to our materials – always consult your authorised Volkswagen retailer for the latest information.’

There’s probably the same - or similar - statement somewhere on VW’s website to;
  • avoid the need to specifically notify customers of spec changes.
  • cover themselves in the event of a customer challenging any spec changes made, and the vehicle they’ll get not being the same spec as the one they ordered.
Car manufacturers making ongoing spec changes throughout a car’s lifecycle is nothing new and historically - with VW at least - has often resulted in additional equipment being added. I doubt a customer would have an issue if their vehicle arrived at the price agreed at time of order, but had extra value additional equipment added as part of the next year’s model year changes.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
I suspect in the current situation manufacturers are more likely to remove features than add them, especially if they require chips. Perhaps I’m being cynical.

In 1984 I ordered a new Golf Mk2 GTi. When it arrived it was fitted with a sunshine roof as standard. When I ordered, it was an expensive option. I always wondered if I had ordered it with one whether I would have had a refund.

rayaans

Ready to race!
Could be , I ordered through a broker so their dealer of choice may have a big order list

Which broker did you order with? Ours is with DTD ordered in December 2021 - White R-Line eTSI DSG / Pan roof / reverse cam / side assist & folding mirrors / spare wheel / keyless entry. The date was week 39 for ours too