GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

saladdodger

Which broker did you order with? Ours is with DTD ordered in December 2021 - White R-Line eTSI DSG / Pan roof / reverse cam / side assist & folding mirrors / spare wheel / keyless entry. The date was week 39 for ours too
Autoebid- urano grey 1.5 tsi no other options , crippled by my company car budget
Best I could get for the money at the time

rayaans

Ready to race!
Autoebid- urano grey 1.5 tsi no other options , crippled by my company car budget
Best I could get for the money at the time
Hmm I'm just wondering surely it can't be due to spec then as yours was ordered so much earlier than ours. All seems very odd

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Hmm I'm just wondering surely it can't be due to spec then as yours was ordered so much earlier than ours. All seems very odd
The system (if there is one) that VW uses to schedule individual vehicle orders for build has always been a mystery and there seems to be no logic to it 🤷‍♂️. Members on other VW forums have tried to fathom it out at various times - in particular, when there‘ve been long lead times - creating spreadsheets and databases of forum member‘s data with the objective of identifying any patterns or trends between such things as model, options, elapsed time from order date to build date etc, etc. As far as I’m aware, no one has ever cracked the ‘system’.

Golfbat

The way things have been going I think the ‘system’ is as big a myth as fabled ‘German efficiency’. I suspect they’re just building whatever they can with whatever components they can scrounge up.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
The way things have been going I think the ‘system’ is as big a myth as fabled ‘German efficiency’. I suspect they’re just building whatever they can with whatever components they can scrounge up.
IMHO, German efficiency - or more specifically VW efficiency - died many years ago, along with VW’s so called superior build quality compared to some competitor vehicle brands. There’s been a good selection of posts on various VW forums in recent years of interior creaks and rattles, misaligned body panels, poor durability of upholstery fabric, seat foam collapsing, leaking door / window seals, bodywork seams not sealed in the factory allowing water ingress into the cabin etc.

I’ve owned five brand new VW’s and all of them have had faults ranging from uneven panel gaps, scratches, a small dent and dirt in the paintwork. The worse one was a German built Golf and the best, a Spanish built Polo. Some of the above issues may have happened in transit between the factory and the dealership rather than being a factory build quality fault. However, IMHO they should have been picked up and rectified at post-build QC stage or during PDI.

With my current VW, I have an uneven panel gap between the bottom of nearside windscreen pillar and top of the nearside wing (gap is bigger than the corresponding gap on the driver’s side all other panel gaps on the car). I reported it to the dealer within a couple of days of taking delivery of the car and was told that to correct it would involve removing and refitting the front bumper, adjusting (possibly involving removing) both nearside doors and adjusting the bonnet and both front wings. I didn‘t want my new car extensively dismantled with the risk of inflicting paintwork and panel damage and potentially ending up with even more uneven gaps, so I told the dealer not to bother. I know the larger gap’s there but I don’t really notice it now. I did wonder if my car had sustained damage and been repaired before I took delivery (apparently it‘s not uncommon for this to happen). However, I have a paint thickness gauge and I’ve taken numerous paint thickness readings over the entire car and all paintwork is of uniform thickness, with no signs of repairs.

My brother owns a Vauxhall, and Vauxhalls often get slated on VW forums. However, the build quality of his car is on a different level (in a good way) compared to my VW.

I’ve owned VW’s for almost 20 years, and my current one may well be my last - it’s probably time to move on to another brand.

Apologies for my ramblings and for going off topic, but to anyone patiently waiting for their new car, please ensure you check it over very carefully for faults when it does eventually arrive. I thought I’d checked mine over thoroughly, but clearly not thoroughly enough.

GMan22

Ready to race!
I’m part of a group for Golf 8s in the UK on FB and a guy just picked up his new car today and he’s already having issues and he posted a photo showing the car software as only 1890. Shouldnt new cars come with the latest version?

rayaans

Ready to race!
I’m part of a group for Golf 8s in the UK on FB and a guy just picked up his new car today and he’s already having issues and he posted a photo showing the car software as only 1890. Shouldnt new cars come with the latest version?

Not necessarily. Depends on when it was built to be honest and whether it was before or after the new chips and software was released

Topaz

Passed Driver's Ed
I recognise its all down to personal choice when buying cars but I couldn't wait six or twelve months or even longer now to pick up a car.
Yes many people want a specific colour and spec but for me it would not be worth the wait.
My local dealer has started to get a trickle of new MK 8s coming in mainly r lines and styles plus a very nice Gti in Red but that didn't last long.
I initially wanted a r line model in manual but ended up getting a 22 plate 1.5 etsi style with just a few hundred miles on the clock.

I am kicking myself somewhat as I had the chance to get a r line in March before the price increases but passed on the offer......:(

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
Waiting on a GTI to come in from port....delayed for a software issue...dealer says itll be here within a week or 2 but im seeing months....anyone have insight on this?

rayaans

Ready to race!
Waiting on a GTI to come in from port....delayed for a software issue...dealer says itll be here within a week or 2 but im seeing months....anyone have insight on this?
Shouldnt take long if its already at the port.
Max 2-3 weeks if theres been a problem with software