GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

AlexHobune

Hello, I'm from Estonia.
I ordered Golf Variant Style 1,5 ETSI 110kw, DSG from the official dealership on the 1st of October 2021.
Today I've been informed that they've begun assembling the body, and they may start painting within the next week.
The additional equipment I ordered were: 1M6 hitch,4K6 keyless access,516 electric tailgate lid, KA2 dashcam, and RBD discover media.

Last edited:

JayH04

Hi all, been following this thread so thought I would join!

Golf 8 R-Line Moonstone Grey on order since July 2021. Currently on status 38, waiting for a ship to the UK (Sheerness I think).

Options added are rear view camera, high beam assist, 18’ bergamo alloys, winter pack, electric mirrors and IQ lights.

Getting a bit impatient now to be honest, so hoping to see it in the next 2 weeks (as dealer stated), but suspect it might be more like 4-6 weeks.

Do you think it’s worth asking the dealer to make sure the software for the infotainment is fully up to date, or does it come from the factory already done?

JonE

Thinking of cancelling my order that I placed in Feb 22 due to reading about all the faults that the mk8 has and with it being a GTD the cost of diesel etc spoiling everything. What do I need to be aware of should I cancel please?

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Thinking of cancelling my order that I placed in Feb 22 due to reading about all the faults that the mk8 has and with it being a GTD the cost of diesel etc spoiling everything. What do I need to be aware of should I cancel please?
The mk8 Golf’s faults seem to largely be rectified by the latest software and infotainment hardware so the latest cars shouldn’t be plagued by the software issues that have affected earlier mk8’s. As for fuel costs; who knows what might happen to fuel prices between now and when your car arrives? Petrol prices might not fare much better than diesel during the coming months, and with the way energy prices in general are going, it‘s unlikely to be particularly cheap to recharge an EV either. Lots of ‘ifs’, ‘buts’ and ‘may-be’s’.

If you paid a deposit at time of ordering, I’d recommend you read the small print on the order document to see if cancelling would result in you losing your deposit. However, with the long lead times, you’re probably looking at early next year before your car arrives, so there’s probably no need to make a hasty decision to cancel - in your position I’d wait a few months and then reconsider the position.

wwo

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello, I'm from Estonia.
I ordered Golf Variant Style 1,5 ETSI 110kw, DSG from the official dealership on the 1st of October 2021.
Today I've been informed that they've begun assembling the body, and they may start painting within the next week.
The additional equipment I ordered were: 1M6 hitch,4K6 keyless access,516 electric tailgate lid, KA2 dashcam, and RBD discover media.
Damn how did you get that much info :D I still dont even know if mine went into production with confirmed bw 19.
In what factory do they make the variant?

AlexHobune

Damn how did you get that much info :D I still dont even know if mine went into production with confirmed bw 19.
Since February there was an unconfirmed week 20.And now the dealer said that they collect the body.Everything is built in Wolfsburg,If I understand correctly.

Reactions: wwo

GMan22

Ready to race!
Mine got built 3 weeks after the confirmed week (17). Got build week 20

DenisV

Got another update from the dealer. Postponed to september 2022. I hope this will be the last one and the build week I found (25) is actualy indicative.

(GTE - ordered start of April 2021)

adam2231

Passed Driver's Ed
Ordered a GTI in Feb 2022, original plan was for it to be built in week 34, now pushed back to week 45.

rayaans

Ready to race!
Ordered a GTI in Feb 2022, original plan was for it to be built in week 34, now pushed back to week 45.
Its extremely likely that date will get pushed back further. The normal going rate for a GTI seems to be around 11 months so I wouldnt expect your vehicle before the year ends.

On a side note - sent off my usual monthly email to the dealer for VW build dates and these are what were given to me:

December 2021 - Order confirmed
January 2022 - Week 23
February 2022 - Week 38
March 2022 - Week 45
April 2022 - Week 39
May 2022 - Week 00 (Preparation for MY23 factory changes)
June 2022 - Week 46

adam2231

Passed Driver's Ed
Its extremely likely that date will get pushed back further. The normal going rate for a GTI seems to be around 11 months so I wouldnt expect your vehicle before the year ends.

On a side note - sent off my usual monthly email to the dealer for VW build dates and these are what were given to me:

December 2021 - Order confirmed
January 2022 - Week 23
February 2022 - Week 38
March 2022 - Week 45
April 2022 - Week 39
May 2022 - Week 00 (Preparation for MY23 factory changes)
June 2022 - Week 46
I'm not quite sure what to do now. I can full expect the GTI to be further delayed but this also drives down the cost of my current car value. I also have a service and new insurance payments coming up so I'm put into an awkward place.

I did find a Renault Megane RS that is reasonably priced in my country and unsure if perhaps I should just go with that? The biggest differences I can see is that running costs will be higher with the Megane and its a bit more dated interior (all the tech is there though). The Megane is faster, but lacks a LSD.

GMan22

Ready to race!
My dealer told me about a week ago that it’s at the UK port but today they told me it’s still there. How long do you reckon it’ll be there for?