GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NEUSPEED Power Module

MikeNickles

Ready to race!
Nice! Is there a noticeable difference from stock?

Do you have any further tune plans after this? If so, just sell?

Very noticeable difference when stepping on it now. It slowly kicked in for me. Every time I stepped on it from the time it was installed until the 20 mile mark just felt faster and faster haha. I was having a blast going 45-50 in 4th gear around the city and then just flipping into 3rd and feeling it push me back in to my seat as i pass a few people up.

I will test it out more today. It is raining this morning and it will be dry when i get off work so I will be able to test it out in both conditions. :)

My plan down the road is to sell this and buy a Burger Motorsport JB4.

RedGTIMK7

Passed Driver's Ed
Very noticeable difference when stepping on it now. It slowly kicked in for me. Every time I stepped on it from the time it was installed until the 20 mile mark just felt faster and faster haha. I was having a blast going 45-50 in 4th gear around the city and then just flipping into 3rd and feeling it push me back in to my seat as i pass a few people up.

I will test it out more today. It is raining this morning and it will be dry when i get off work so I will be able to test it out in both conditions. :)

My plan down the road is to sell this and buy a Burger Motorsport JB4.

Good to know your pleased with it:)

Last edited:

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Thanks for the review!

So this 20mi mark, that's only to let the ECU adapt and happens only once correct? Not every time you tart your car to drive.

MK7Joe

Ready to race!
nice, my local shop has an account with neuspeed, plus I have a hundred dollar credit I going to order this soon

MikeNickles

Ready to race!
Thanks for the review!

So this 20mi mark, that's only to let the ECU adapt and happens only once correct? Not every time you tart your car to drive.

Correct. It was feeling great the moment I started my car this morning.

Further thoughts. I feel this box is great for people that want more power but feel a flash tune might be too much or not safe yet. Or you may be like me, buying this to hold you over until a more advanced module comes out (Such as the JB4). This power feels great and it doesn't feel like overkill. You wont get all the nice features of an advanced tune though. The more power you do get will put a smile on your face. With a tune, you can easily tell the difference in the car because of what has been changed, but with this module, you wont even tell until your foot is firmly down on the gas. Slower driving feels pretty much identical to the stock car. I'm a quick driver so I notice the difference with this even in city driving. it gets up quicker. Throttle response is exactly the same but the butt dyno will feel more quickness even in some fast city driving. I will test out launch control today and let you know how that goes.

So really if you are looking to have the fastest GTI MK7 then this box isn't for you. If you want a good chunk more of power but want to feel safe and want something you can do yourself then this box is great. If you want MOAR POWUH right now and can't wait for the other modules to arrive then buy this and it will hold you over until the more advanced modules arrive. It really is a blast. You can always take it off and sell it down the road. I bet you can buy this right now from modded euros for $359 and sell it down the road for $250. So all you're paying is close to 100 bucks to have a bunch more power and a great time with your GTI. That's how I see it.

MK7Joe

Ready to race!
agree, like myself, I leased my gti, I would hate to dump 500-600 bucks for a tune that will be married to the car (ecu) forever. with this, you can always resell and get money back, which is a plus for me

jwilkins88

Ready to race!
Just a slight correction here. There isn't any "ECU adapting" with a piggyback. This device simply intercepts the signals from your sensors and modifies them. Basically, it tells the ECU that you're making less boost than you actually are, so the ECU demands more boost from the turbo.

There should be no "breaking in" period. It's, essentially, a fancy MAP clamp.

RedHotVAG

Ready to race!
Just ordered mine from Modded Euros. Fast response time and ships to Canada! Hopefully I won't get charged duties, shouldn't with NAFTA but you never know...

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Just a slight correction here. There isn't any "ECU adapting" with a piggyback. This device simply intercepts the signals from your sensors and modifies them. Basically, it tells the ECU that you're making less boost than you actually are, so the ECU demands more boost from the turbo.

There should be no "breaking in" period. It's, essentially, a fancy MAP clamp.

Neuspeed actually states the 20mi adaptation period on their site. But you're right bout piggies lol.

jwilkins88

Ready to race!
Nope... No sarcasm on that one. I forgot about long term fuel trims. Short term fuel trims will keep you safe until long terms adjust for the appropriate air:fuel