GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Nissan 370Z vs. BMW 135i

Raddicted

Perfectly insane
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/Comparos/articleId=137806

That 370Z is looking REALLY nice. Porsche Cayman performance for 30-40 grand less in price! And from what Edmunds.com seems to think, better than the 135i. Granted, the 135i does do certain things better that other people may like. Me personally, I'll take the 370Z. I've loved Zs ever since I started driving.

And it stops shorter than a 911 with carbon-ceramic brakes!!?
0.97g skidpad grip!???!

This thing is crazy for the money you pay for it.

Both great cars. I'm going with the 370Z on this one.

Like it more and more every time I see it and these performance numbers are pretty awesome for this price point.

My thoughts exactly.

As others have said... The Cayman S is a great Porsche that was purpose built to fill a void. If Porsche wanted to build another 911, they would just build another 911. It's like expecting every Ferrari to be an Enzo. It's a foolish and uninformed comment from a childlike mind.

Perfectly summarized.

But I didn't know you like to play with boys like that... but now that is all in the open, I guess you feel like a weight has been lifted from you! :thumbsup: congrats! I hope mommy and daddy will understand... I am sure they will.

Now you can go and trade that GTI for something more suiting... like say... a Beetle convertible with flower wheels and all.

And no... I am far from rich, just happen to like my toys and I work hard to get them, pretty much like anyone around here... and yes.. I have made some good financial decisions that have presented me with a rather comfortable life.

But there is no need to hate my man... just drop the juice, get a nice little career and you might be taken seriously in a Porsche sales floor someday and you can be the smiling new owner of a glorious... Cayman (what the fuck kind of name is that... the pepper and the lizard... I mean, what the hell was Porsche thinking, and now they will amuse us all with the stretched 911).

It ain't that hard.

You are a pompous, arrogant bastard aren't you with your passive aggressiveness and talking down to people.

Wouldn't you rather save an extra year and get a Black bad ass basic 911?

Because the Cayman S is mid-engine, has better balance, handling and weight transfer, and stock for stock is a faster car than the 997. Over 4s faster around the 'Ring with Walter Roehl driving both. Mate, a stock Cayman S just put a hurting on the new E92 M3 by over 8s at ELRA. It wasn't even close.

the cayman and carrera are different cars though. it really depends on what you want to do. if you're planning on tracking the car, the cayman is the way to go with better handling and weight distribution. if you're daily driving it or planning to go on long cruises, the carrera is the way to go with its larger size and more powerful engine.

Exactly.

Shit, ok I'm done. I'm turning into Rev but with the Cayman. I wanted to be the bigger man but I couldn't bite my lip any longer. I'm done now.

Raddicted

Perfectly insane
A Corvette will provide plenty of trailer park whores, a 3 and up series BMW, gets you laid if you have no other way of attracting women...

LOFL. Sig worthy. :biggrin:

toproy

Ricer hunter
I am sorry, I was not aware I would stumble upon such weak sensibilities.

Anyhow, time will tell if the Cayman is any good as a product, as it stands, currently the Cayman is a big flat failure and worthy professional reviewers who are not in bed with VW AG have declared this.

Comparing the Cayman to an M3 is as ridiculous as comparing the 370Z to a 1 series, they have nothing to do with each other, other than maybe the price point.

And Si Killer defended himself pretty well... I didn't know he needed an entourage.

Plus he drew first blood... What I am supposed to do, roll over and take it? because he has been here longer... bleee

norsairius

Go Kart Newbie
why would they compare the Z to a 1 series. they are WAY different... and the 135 is so ugly

I think edmunds did the comparison because their performance numbers (on paper) are virtually identical.

to be honest, I thought the BMWs twin turbo 3.0L straight six was just about unbeatable, but nissan managed to pull ahead with raw power and displacement in this one, as well as some amazing chassis and suspension tuning. that 0.97g skidpad measurement still boggles my mind for a car that costs so little (relatively speaking).

SRTthis

NJ 2 FL
I think edmunds did the comparison because their performance numbers (on paper) are virtually identical.

to be honest, I thought the BMWs twin turbo 3.0L straight six was just about unbeatable, but nissan managed to pull ahead with raw power and displacement in this one, as well as some amazing chassis and suspension tuning. that 0.97g skidpad measurement still boggles my mind for a car that costs so little (relatively speaking).

the 135 is more impressive on paper then in person. my buddy with an E46 m3 (modded but mostly for handling) owned one on the interstate. the 135 didnt stand a chance past 90

argue53

Go Kart Champion
lol such a heated topic.. sike!

370 is a wonderful car... think its worthy to stand next to a 135.

Khobin~

Go Kart Champion

argue53

Go Kart Champion

Raddicted

Perfectly insane
Anyhow, time will tell if the Cayman is any good as a product, as it stands, currently the Cayman is a big flat failure and worthy professional reviewers who are not in bed with VW AG have declared this.

It is quite apparent that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Failure? In sales maybe. But as a performance car in itself...

It won Sports Car of the Decade, Sports Car of the Year, Car of the Year, it was on nearly every Top 10 list, and most impressively, International Sports Car of the Year. And nearly every single industry publication put it at the very top of their list. The M coupe couldn't get anywhere near it, and it's only real competitor at that price is the Lotus Elise/Exige. Which surpass even the Cayman on the track.

toproy

Ricer hunter
"Annoyingly, it has some good points, and the best point of all is the Satnav"

"If you pull over next to a 911, is like going to the urinals next to a horse"

I have to give to the Z that it is really dirt cheap but, will that show in the reliability and built quality? Who knows, only time, although it seems that the current Z is holding up pretty well, even better than the leaky roof of the Z of my generation.

I understand the "Paper numbers" and price point comparison but what I do not understand is why they compare 4 doors to 2 doors. It is not a trivial thing for the buyer... at least not for me.

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
"Annoyingly, it has some good points, and the best point of all is the Satnav"

"If you pull over next to a 911, is like going to the urinals next to a horse"

I have to give to the Z that it is really dirt cheap but, will that show in the reliability and built quality? Who knows, only time, although it seems that the current Z is holding up pretty well, even better than the leaky roof of the Z of my generation.

I understand the "Paper numbers" and price point comparison but what I do not understand is why they compare 4 doors to 2 doors. It is not a trivial thing for the buyer... at least not for me.

What did they compare it to that had 4 doors? Additionally, the Z ranges from $30K-$40K+ and looks as if it will outperform every other option in that range. The last model was very reliable and most peoples only gripe was the cheap feeling interior but that has apparently been fixed for the 370Z.

toproy

Ricer hunter
It is quite apparent that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Failure? In sales maybe. But as a performance car in itself...

Yes, that is precisely the kind of failure I am talking about.

My point is this:

The Boxter S is a classic fun topless German rocket that is as fun to ride and drive as it is to sit in the Superman at six flags and it is very affordable for a car that carries the badge of a super car.

The 911 is a motoring legend that signifies the victory crown for many surgeons (the people who actually buy these things), just like that Gold Rolex for some.
For those less interested in the Status Quo and more in the real performance, Porsche 911 has been for decades the benchmark.
Every other car manufacturer is always coming up with something new to challenge the 911, year after year and still the 911 remains the king.

Same goes to the M3, it is and has been a benchmark for saloons since it first came out.

Another prime example is the GTI, a benchmark in its own right in its own segment (hot hatches).

As they say, there is nothing like the original.

Maybe not in real life performance, maybe a properly driven GTR can hand a 911 it's ass in a silver tray, maybe, but still there will be always some rich dude that much rather pay 60K extra and get the Porsche bragging rights.

The same rich guy will not even consider getting a Cayman when he can drive away on the 911, and he would consider a Boxter S just because of the history behind it and the fun/cool factor that the Cayman lacks.

My POV for this, is not the speed, acceleration, if the engine is in the middle or the back. My opinion is stricktly based on that the Lizard and the Cayenne Pepper (which has been a great financial success for Porsche BTW) have contaminated the blood line of two through breed stallions just to fill a market segment.

And this is sad. Is like of Ferrari wakes up tomorrow and decides it is going to start making Hybrids or 4 door saloons.

toproy

Ricer hunter
What did they compare it to that had 4 doors? Additionally, the Z ranges from $30K-$40K+ and looks as if it will outperform every other option in that range. The last model was very reliable and most peoples only gripe was the cheap feeling interior but that has apparently been fixed for the 370Z.

Okay okay... 4 seat, man you guys are digging deep.