GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NYC/BROOKLYN/LONG ISLAND MEETUPS WANTED !

JSoler

Ready to race!
If you're going to get an exhaust. Get one that you can unbolt and reinstall the old one for warranty purposes. Lol now that I'm getting a new turbo, I wouldn't want to risk it or have anyone else risk it.

SSV3NOM

Passed Driver's Ed
If you're going to get an exhaust. Get one that you can unbolt and reinstall the old one for warranty purposes. Lol now that I'm getting a new turbo, I wouldn't want to risk it or have anyone else risk it.

Yeah... I was under the assumption that (at the very least) a catback exhaust wouldn't effect anything regarding warranty, as there are no sensors involved, etc.

As much as I'd like a turbo-back system, I'm sure that'll definitely raise some eyebrows if I bring in for a warranty repair (I plan on doing majority, if not all maintenance myself or w/ my father; retired mechanic.)

However, maybe it is safer to not do any real physical mods...

I brought my car into for a tire replacement due to a bubble (VW paid for it after I complained my ass off because they had left the infamous suspension stops resulting in an almost non functioning suspension) and I was talking to a service adviser at Bayside VW in Queens. He told me that a CAI, exhaust, diverter valve, etc. can void warranty if it is found to be the cause of the problem, should there be one.

Anyway.. my thinking now is to find a truly "mod-friendly" dealer that won't eff you over.. otherwise steer clear of physical mods and have fun with a discrete tune that you can preferably flash your self, IE - EuroDyne.

Anyway, I got my tints done... now I'm flirting with the idea of getting the GTI plastidipped. That stuff has come such a long way, and really looks amazing on some cars I've seen. I've been following the guys at DipYourCar.com on YouTube...some amazing flip-flip colors are possible now, matte or gloss.

There's a guy in Queens called Queenz Dipped (he's an authorized guy -- whatever that actually entails -- not sure), thinking about getting a quote from him.

I did get a quote from this guy out in Smithtown and he said $800-$900 for any flip-flop color. If you compare that to a vinyl wrap price, like at the famous Phenomenal Vinyl in Oceanside, it's pretty cheap. I was told that the cheapest wraps go for $3K, and getting the car back takes a while, where as plastidip is a 5-7 hour operation, and you can peel it off, no heat gun necessary.

Anyway, it's just a thought. In all honesty I haven't seen a plastidipped car in person, only videos online.. so I'd like to take a look at a few before hand. Just thought running through my mind... apologies for the rambling.. lol.

sgessler2011

Ready to race!
Hey all,
I have the Reflex Silver PP GTI on order. The latest is it's set to sail here 1/31/15
Delivery is for 2/23/15, but it may be in my hands earlier. My MK6 GTI is set to be traded in then.

I do VCDS coding for beer and helped out JSoler.

My fee is at least a 12 pack. If you need some coding done we can setup a meeting by me or if you're close by you perhaps. I'm busy but can usually make time. Let me know what you would like done. The new MK7 GTI has new VCDS menus and I have only programmed one MK7 so far. If it is a very long process, well then we will need a bigger boat or more beer.

Here are my favorites and yes I am a beer snob. No bud/coors
1. Schofferhoffer (had this at Brewology in Speonk. This could be a great driving destination for a future meet. I suggest you check it out before.) http://www.brewologypub.com/home.html

2. Kuka White Chocolate Stout (had this also at Brewology)
3. Franziskaner Hefeweisen
4. Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier
5. Hoegaarden Belgian Witte
6. WITTEKERKE Wit Bier
7. Pretty much any German Hefeweizen

Last edited:

JSoler

Ready to race!
When you get your car, def check to see what turbo rev you have. Mine blew and they are replacing it free under warranty after I flashed back to stock

Z27

Ready to race!
From queens here. Good to see more people are in the ny area. A meetup should take place soon!

JSoler

Ready to race!
If anyone wants a Eurodyne tune I was thinking on basically being a "dealer" by allowing others to use my powertap tool. Obviously you'd have to purchase the tune yourself or a "credit" I think credits are only 400 vs the 500 for the tune... I may be wrong though. But it could have you flashed for cheaper and not have to worry about finding a dealer

Z27

Ready to race!
Not a bad idea. Where are you located?

sgessler2011

Ready to race!
2011gti. How's it going!? Lol 2/23 nice!

The cars ships tomorrow, it may be here sooner.

The Eurodyne- do we know if you can hide that the ECU has been flashed between OEM and tuned? Can the counter be erased? The counter tells the dealer if the ECU has been flashed by logging how many times it has ben changed.

Did your dealer say anything to you when the turbo was diagnosed? I am pretty sure we are using the same dealer close to home.

Stay in touch, I'll send a message when my car arrives.

JSoler

Ready to race!
I got a full turbo replacement and dsg replacement lol. The atock file is indeed stock. Its 100% stock a copy of your ecu. no questions asked. Vw even hooked up to my car, to reflash my car after the new dsg install to "reprogram" the new dsg mechatronics and still no td1 flag. So I can assure you you'll be fine matter what you do to your car as long as you flash back to stock before warranty or any dealer work. Flash process takes 10-15 mins

Dsg was just faulty. Turbo died... Lol it happens. Read its not the tunes its the turbos. Hopefully they fix the issue and we quit blowing them.

About the flash counter thing. I don't care who says what... They don't care about the number of times. I had Apr on my other vehicles and the stock file wasn't stock. I was flagged when apr on my last car but luckily had warranty work still honored. I can't attest for the new Apr tune but the older ones were not stock.

I can verify This eurodyne file is legit a VW stock file copy of your ecu. VWOA had no idea I was ever flashed and I had flashed back and forth from stock to stage 1 to stage 1.5 91 to 1.5 93 to 1.5 93 rev 2 and then stock. So that's 5 flashes total all done by Eurodyne software and yet I didn't get flagged and no one even questioned anything.

I'm now on turbo 2 and new dsg reflashed to Eurodyne and happy as can be lol

Last edited:

sgessler2011

Ready to race!
I got a full turbo replacement and dsg replacement lol. The atock file is indeed stock. Its 100% stock a copy of your ecu. no questions asked. Vw even hooked up to my car, to reflash my car after the new dsg install to "reprogram" the new dsg mechatronics and still no td1 flag. So I can assure you you'll be fine matter what you do to your car as long as you flash back to stock before warranty or any dealer work. Flash process takes 10-15 mins

Dsg was just faulty. Turbo died... Lol it happens. Read its not the tunes its the turbos. Hopefully they fix the issue and we quit blowing them.

About the flash counter thing. I don't care who says what... They don't care about the number of times. I had Apr on my other vehicles and the stock file wasn't stock. I was flagged when apr on my last car but luckily had warranty work still honored. I can't attest for the new Apr tune but the older ones were not stock.

I can verify This eurodyne file is legit a VW stock file copy of your ecu. VWOA had no idea I was ever flashed and I had flashed back and forth from stock to stage 1 to stage 1.5 91 to 1.5 93 to 1.5 93 rev 2 and then stock. So that's 5 flashes total all done by Eurodyne software and yet I didn't get flagged and no one even questioned anything.

I'm now on turbo 2 and new dsg reflashed to Eurodyne and happy as can be lol

This is very promising news, a tune that can be undone and un-detectable changes not recorded by the ECU.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Hi guys, I just joined the forum, I recently purchased a. CPO 2015 Tornado Red GTI S with 4k miles on it. I was actually on the market for an MK6 instead but the price that I got this MK7 for was better than the Mk6's that I had seen, more bumper to bumper warranty too go figured. Anyways come from a MINI. cooper S background as a weekend car, lots of fun. I new to GTI's but not new to VW group since I also lease an 13 Audi.

Looking Fwd to meet other owners in the area, I'm located in the NE Bronx.