GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NYC/BROOKLYN/LONG ISLAND MEETUPS WANTED !

dosa

Passed Driver's Ed
I was driving on Francis Lewis Blvd wednesday night and briefly talked to another dude in a csg mk7. I wonder if he's on here heh.

There is a Voksnation or whatever the name is on March 20th somewhere in Queens Forest Park I think, I went last year but I think that I was the only one with an MK7 this year should be better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have any info on this meet?

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I would go if it wasn't on a Sunday [emoji25] I've been searching for local meets !

Edit: I thought this included NJ

I don't see why NJ would not be included whoever is near the NYC are should be welcome we could also meet in NJ that would be cool too, matter fact it would be really cool if we could get an MK7 only meet one day and take some great photos.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I was driving on Francis Lewis Blvd wednesday night and briefly talked to another dude in a csg mk7. I wonder if he's on here heh.

Do you have any info on this meet?

They seem to have an Instagram page or Twitter I don't use any of those or Facebook for that matter so I just google them and it comes up

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion

LukeGTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
South shore Long Island here. Let's get something going.

sgessler2011

Ready to race!
Perhaps Saturday 4/23 a morning coffee meet up at Sunken Meadow State Park?
It would likely be a bit warmer after this polar air recedes and ushers in some spring weather.

4/23/16 (rain date 4/24/16)
10:30-11am start
Sunken Meadow State Park, eastern most parking field next to the salt marsh
https://goo.gl/maps/Rhv2fntTtAB2
No speeding, showing off or anything to attract negative attention.

For another Day:
Or for more locals for a quick meet, the parking lot behind the old Sears Hardware in Ronkonkoma next to the Regal theatre
https://goo.gl/maps/tfnsk6EATQ42

No takers?
LI is dead for meets.

Last edited:

phant0m

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Just got a 2016 GTI with PP in CSG, 4 door!

Hey 2011GTI (Steve), I know you (sorta!)! I bought your clear sidemarkers off your mk6 gti last summer i believe! I had a mk6 gti in CSG at the time. We met near the three village inn

As far as LI meets, I've been to a few smaller ones hosted by @LongIslandEuro (instagram) but nothing too crazy. I know Volksnation has thursday night meets in the queens area

LukeGTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
I gotta start going to these meets

sgessler2011

Ready to race!
Just got a 2016 GTI with PP in CSG, 4 door!

Hey 2011GTI (Steve), I know you (sorta!)! I bought your clear sidemarkers off your mk6 gti last summer i believe! I had a mk6 gti in CSG at the time. We met near the three village inn

As far as LI meets, I've been to a few smaller ones hosted by @LongIslandEuro (instagram) but nothing too crazy. I know Volksnation has thursday night meets in the queens area

Hey congratulations on the new car.

If you want some coding done PM me or text me if you still have the number.
There's a few good tweaks for the MK7, a little more involved than the MK6 but I can help you out.

phant0m

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Hey congratulations on the new car.

If you want some coding done PM me or text me if you still have the number.
There's a few good tweaks for the MK7, a little more involved than the MK6 but I can help you out.

thanks man! :D

Just ordered an OBDeleven device... going to attempt some basic coding with that. I'll let you know if i need any help (i'll stop by the beer distributor first ;))

sgessler2011

Ready to race!
thanks man! :D

Just ordered an OBDeleven device... going to attempt some basic coding with that. I'll let you know if i need any help (i'll stop by the beer distributor first ;))

Sounds good. Be sure to make a copy of original settings/log file so you can revert back. The Mk7 has literally thousands of adaptation channels- many are in German (at least in VCDS). You will also need security code to access these settings. Read any posts regarding that device carefully and have fun. Owning such a device is extremely useful like having a good torque wrench.

On the MK6 most tweaks were easily done by checking boxes.ni just modified my tail lights to allow 5 brake lights and turn signals alternate from the inner to outer lamps.

Last edited: