GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
I'm using a Logitec Driving Force GT wheel. Its old, but I bought it when it was new in anticipation for this game..... The PS3 does not lend itself well to racing games because of how the R2 and L2 buttons are. Its hard to modulate throttle or brakes with that short pull. Much easier with a a Xbox controller. I 95% play with a wheel so it doesn't much matter.

cleanmk5

Go Kart Champion
I'm using a Logitec Driving Force GT wheel. Its old, but I bought it when it was new in anticipation for this game..... The PS3 does not lend itself well to racing games because of how the R2 and L2 buttons are. Its hard to modulate throttle or brakes with that short pull. Much easier with a a Xbox controller. I 95% play with a wheel so it doesn't much matter.
How does the gas pettle stay on the ground?

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
How does the gas pettle stay on the ground?

Mine digs into the carpet pretty good. Doesn't slide around on me at all. Its more about finding a suitable table to attach the wheel to thats comfortable enough to sit infront of for 7-8 hours at a time.

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Im not really critisizing its just that Ive been following its developments on GT plantet and have some disappointments. Im thinking of getting the G27, the clutch is functional.

I just said it would be a nice DLC pack, I mean the name .:R would tits lol

What was your first car?

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Im not really critisizing its just that Ive been following its developments on GT plantet and have some disappointments. Im thinking of getting the G27, the clutch is functional.

I just said it would be a nice DLC pack, I mean the name .:R would tits lol

What was your first car?

First car purchase was an 89 Miata. WOOT! funny thing is though, it drives just like every Mk1 Miata I've ever driven. Slides like crazy but really controllable. 2nd car purchase was a R34 Skyline. Making my 3rd purchase right now. MKV GTI. I've been using the hell out of the cars they give you.

I'm sure there will be DLC soon enough. Thats what current gen systems are all about right?

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Yea, but I hope the DLC content will all have Premium cars, it should anyway, I mean they should have already added all of the standard cars. I was thinking of getting a miata as my first car too but now debating on AE86 etc.

Is there drift mode?

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
No drift mode that I can see right now. I saw some going on online last night though. Its kind cool that you can spectate on races.

AE86 wasn't an option in the used car section when I logged in. Best choices were Miata or Civic Si.

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
No drift mode that I can see right now. I saw some going on online last night though. Its kind cool that you can spectate on races.

AE86 wasn't an option in the used car section when I logged in. Best choices were Miata or Civic Si.

Yup. I went with the Miata - it's a great starter car in GT, Forza and every other semi-realistic driving sim game. ;)

phans784

Ready to race!
got it a earlier today, load times are ridiculous. like so bad i dont even want to turn the game back on because of how long it takes just to boot up let alone load a track or move between different areas.

the b license took me 30 minutes to get, only about 8 minutes was i actually driving the car, insane load times.

i even did the thing where it asks you if you want to store a shit ton of stuff on the harddrive in order to cut down load times. i cant imagine how bad it it without doing that

did I mention the load times?

CodeB4U

Go Kart Champion
Im kind of already depressed. Only 200ish of the 1000 cars are "premium" which are more detailed and customizable and have in car view, while the other 800 cars are "standards" which are basically upgraded graphics on cars from GT4 - you CANNOT change the wheels or color of wheels on a standard car and neither can you have cockpit view in them and you can't use them in photo mode.

Theres also no MK6 :[

Well i was going to wait for the reviews on this game. But this post pretty much sealed it for me. I'll stick to my forza series.

GT4 pissed me off WAAAAAY to much with it's no online play when every other game way already doing it.

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Can PS3 and xbox play online toghter?

Yea, but you need to but a USB cable and connect them together so they have to be in the same room. Also, the PS3 player would slightly be quicker of the line because of the superior system and interface the PS3 provides.

But, GT5 isnt out for Xbox.

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Well i was going to wait for the reviews on this game. But this post pretty much sealed it for me. I'll stick to my forza series.

GT4 pissed me off WAAAAAY to much with it's no online play when every other game way already doing it.

You shouldn't judge it like that, the detail on premium cars is intensive. As in you can see all the crisp lines inside say the tailight of the M3.

Played from 12:08 last night until 7:15 this morning. Addictive as hell. Yup it is just like GT4 in a lot of ways, but thats exactly what i was expecting and exactly what I was hoping for.

Theres only 1 thing I miss from GT4 that I don't have on this.....in B-spec mode, theres no way to "fast-forward" through the race like you could on GT4. That means 24hrs of Nurburgring will actually take me 24 hours this time. SHIT!!.

I think it absolutely lives up to the hype. Physics are great. Graphics are great. car list IMO is great, track list is great......not sure what there is to complain about other than the lack of customization on most cars and a couple of cars here and there getting lost in the shuffle.

Who cares theres no Mk6 who cares theres no sirocco. They can't put EVERY car in the car, and besides. They put a Mk5 in the game which drives EXACTLY like a Mk6 and a sirocco....so who cares?

OI .. .the mk6 drives better at the limit than the mk5. I know, I had an mk5.

cheers

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
got it a earlier today, load times are ridiculous. like so bad i dont even want to turn the game back on because of how long it takes just to boot up let alone load a track or move between different areas.

the b license took me 30 minutes to get, only about 8 minutes was i actually driving the car, insane load times.

i even did the thing where it asks you if you want to store a shit ton of stuff on the harddrive in order to cut down load times. i cant imagine how bad it it without doing that

did I mention the load times?
It has to do with Sony/PD server issues. The game tries to communicate with the servers and then it dies... Don't sign into PSN and the load times are much reduced.