GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread

CodeB4U

Go Kart Champion
You shouldn't judge it like that, the detail on premium cars is intensive. As in you can see all the crisp lines inside say the tailight of the M3.

Well GT4 when it came out was "the shit" when i came to car details. My son plays it in room all the time. He comes over and pulls me by the arm to go check out his viper he won in a race series. He enjoys the game...but he enjoys the online gameing in mario kart more then GT4...because it's more fun playing against humans not AI, Even though GT4 has better graphics.

So that's what i mean, the game might be better then forza in your opinion and it very well may be the truth...but like i said, they pissed me off with GT4 WAAAYYY to much that i will do the talking with my wallet. Just like i will be doing the talking with my wallet with the next gears of war that is coming out. Last gears online was THE WORST set up i have even played with it's lag and not fixing it with it's server updates like they should of done.

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
The online gameplay is supposed to be huge here, and Im not advocating that its better because when It was still time of GT3 or 4 I bought the first Forza before it was a great hit. I loved that game but refused to get a 360. GT5 is just pure realism, and I would still love to play Mario Kart for the fun factor.

Last edited:

CodeB4U

Go Kart Champion
The online gameplay is supposed to be huge here, and Im not advocating that its better because when It was still time of GT3 or 4 I bought the first Forza before it was a great hit. I loved that game but refused to get a 360. GT4 is just pure realism, and I would still love to play Mario Kart for the fun factor.

I think GT4 was the last game i bought for the PS, i was a PS diehard fanboy. Then XBOX with Forza and it's ever so huge Halo Series got me hooked and took me over and showed me what a gaming system should be like.

Well the black friday stuff is coming up and my wife was like "want another 360? or going with a PS3 like u said you would get when GT4 1/4 came out?" So as tempting is it sounds, i refused....both...(yes im retarded sometimes).

Does all the cars sound the same as they did in GT4? Is the tire squeal still a small squeal looped over and over again even though you are peeling out or just pushing a corner hard or doing a AWD donut....lmao.

CodeB4U

Go Kart Champion
after seeing some of the videos posted up on youtube already, doesn't look/sound like a game that needed to take 4 years + to make. Visuals im sure are better then GT4. O well.

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
Can't wait till mine gets here... Ordered on Amazon... I should've paid extra to overnight!

Bought a PS3 a few months ago just for this game and I don't have any other game for it lol.

I'll be using my Fanatec wheel and wheel stand... Which is nice cause it works on both Forza and Gt5:)

Quoddy

Ready to race!
Can't wait till mine gets here... Ordered on Amazon... I should've paid extra to overnight!

If you'd pre-ordered it, it would have come via UPS Next Day Air on the 24th... for only $.99. Great deal.

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
I added two of you from here.

I LOVE the AMG Driving School event.

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
Nurburgring nordschleife ftw!

psname jmblur btw...

HOLLIS

Ready to race!
Wife bought me a copy today!!!!!!!

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Heres some pics, some of them I forgot to autofocus so their blurry.

CodeB4U

Go Kart Champion
Car does look better...guessing it's a premium car?

One thing i did love about Forza vs what i was afraid of in GT5....all that cars sound pretty much the same as far as i can tell.

Last edited: