GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Speedtech Coilovers and new wheels!

Aigoo

Ready to race!
SO couple snafu's when putting on my wheels.

The front's definitely need to be changed for smaller tires. Either a different brand 215 or maybe even 205's. They're pretty much the same size as my stock 225 tires side by side.

Also, the bolts don't quite fit with wobble bolts. I had vrwheels drill out the holes to accommodate the 14mm bolts but they don't see large enough. I suggested 5/8" but i have no idea what they actually used. is 5/8 large enough to work with wobbles?

Thanks!

Aigoo

Ready to race!
so redrilled the shit out of my wheels using a 5/8" bit. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would have been, but it definitely took a while since i was so paranoid about my wheels lol.

Anyway here's a teaser pic. Did not get all the wheels on before the sun set so I'll try to get them to you guys tomorrow after work. I need to polish the shit out of those lips!

Quick note, did fender screw mod, and i cut the plastic part of the rear fender where it meets the rear bumper (just the tiny bit of plastic that was exposed around the metal clip), and absolutely no rubbing. Probably didn't even need to do those mods lol.

Better pics tomorrow!

Last edited:

Aigoo

Ready to race!
OH! and i don't have any TPMS in these wheels but I don't have a TPMS warning light.

I used to get the warning light when i had a nail in my stock denvers so i know my TPMS is functioning. Any insight?

Aigoo

Ready to race!
Actually left them at 114.3 incase i ever want to sell them, but had them enlarge the bolt holes. I requested they do 5/8" but i think they used 1/2" or something close. The wobble bolts basically had no play in the holes. Luckily the 5/8" bit was on sale at sears :p

Took forever to work up the guts to start drilling the wheels but once i started it went pretty smoothly, albeit a little slow. Almost off of work i'll get clearer pictures up :D

Aigoo

Ready to race!
Here's some shitty blurrycellphonecamerapictures

Didn't wash car/wheels but whatever lol. Rear mudflaps taking a beating.

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
thanks man. Looks good. I couldn't wait because I've been thinking of going bronze wheels on my csg as well. Wanted to do it to be different and it def is. Looking into the raderwerks bronze track wheels they make

Aigoo

Ready to race!
take some more pics out in the light when its clean.............the setup is really growing on me though....can't wait to see more:thumbsup::thumbsup:

gotta find someone with a halfway decent camera :p

But those raderworks 3pc wheels are sexy. Love the virtue's with the step lip on them.

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
gotta find someone with a halfway decent camera :p

But those raderworks 3pc wheels are sexy. Love the virtue's with the step lip on them.

for sure....they are sick....just looked at them......too steep for my pockets but the price if I had the money isn't too bad.

Im looking at the 1 piece bronze they have....I want a light track wheel for summer at the moment.

Aigoo

Ready to race!
for sure....they are sick....just looked at them......too steep for my pockets but the price if I had the money isn't too bad.

Im looking at the 1 piece bronze they have....I want a light track wheel for summer at the moment.

the all bronze one? that is nice haha.

raderwerks got some sexy wheels. And the center caps are pimp!