GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Speedtech Coilovers and new wheels!

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
ya I'm hoping they turn out well. I'm thinking they will look good with the carbon steel.

I ruled out black because they just don't stand out enough. I don't want polished because its been done. I don't want gunmetal because I had them on my last car and can't find any I like....and the black on the inside machined lip is already what I have with the detroits so that leaves bronze baby lol

Aigoo

Ready to race!
ya I'm hoping they turn out well. I'm thinking they will look good with the carbon steel.

I ruled out black because they just don't stand out enough. I don't want polished because its been done. I don't want gunmetal because I had them on my last car and can't find any I like....and the black on the inside machined lip is already what I have with the detroits so that leaves bronze baby lol

totally agree. Black kinda looks like you're running on steelies lol

Either way sounds like you know what you are looking for so whatever you end up with im sure it'll be sexy :D

Aigoo

Ready to race!
Slight long term update:

Rides slightly stiffer, which i expected going lower pro/stretch tire. I'd say it's a bit more sporty than the relatively calm ride with the stock wheels. Still comfortable!

No rubbing in the rear at all, minor rubbing in the front when taking turns at slightly not legal speeds :p Thinking about trimming that front fender liner tab, but not so sure yet.

I need moar wide in the front haha. Scared to do that with wobble bolts though. The bolts seem to have enough thread to support a spacer, but the hub face itself doesn't seem that wide. Probably wouldn't be able to fit a spacer that's worth running in there. I wonder how my rears would fit up front :p

Aigoo

Ready to race!
you drilled them yourself? OMG you should take those to a shop that does them lol

wasn't that bad actually. just enlarging the holes not changing the pattern. I trusted vrwheels to do em but they didn't :p and idk any shops in hawaii that would want to do that.

Emillionaire90

Ready to race!
Wow that looks perfect for my taste. I'm getting my STs installed tomorrow...

You said those are all the way down, so I'm assuming you mean front and back?

My wheels are 19x8 ET50, think I would need my fenders rolled with those coils all the way down? I plan on spacing the wheels out to get them more flush, ET50 is too much tuck IMO.

Aigoo

Ready to race!
Wow that looks perfect for my taste. I'm getting my STs installed tomorrow...

You said those are all the way down, so I'm assuming you mean front and back?

My wheels are 19x8 ET50, think I would need my fenders rolled with those coils all the way down? I plan on spacing the wheels out to get them more flush, ET50 is too much tuck IMO.

i dont think so. I'm 18x8 38 et but i'm running 205 tires. No rolling needed right now

i think you'll be fine. if you run spacers you'll probably have to do the fender screw mod. I did it anyway just to be safe.

and it's all the way down front and back. settled just a tad maybe over the last week or so. a little lower than what they are in the pictures.

Emillionaire90

Ready to race!
Good to know, I just looked up my tire size and they are 225/35 would I still be okay all the way down?

BTW what exactly is the fender screw mod? I apologize for all the questions, the whole suspension and fitment thing isn't exactly my expertise. I just want to make sure my setup comes out the way I want. :thumbsup:

Aigoo

Ready to race!
Good to know, I just looked up my tire size and they are 225/35 would I still be okay all the way down?

BTW what exactly is the fender screw mod? I apologize for all the questions, the whole suspension and fitment thing isn't exactly my expertise. I just want to make sure my setup comes out the way I want. :thumbsup:

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?p=429446#post429446

that is the fender screw mod.

i think 225 35 is ok all the way down since the st's dont get slammed. rsmark5 would be the person to ask though :p

just personally at that height i think you'll be fine.

Emillionaire90

Ready to race!
Thanks man that looks super easy to do.

I think your car is definitely nice and low, not slammed like you said though. STs are perfect for me, as much as I love the look of super low cars I need a practical daily driver setup.

They drop pretty nicely though, nice balance of look and practicality... which would allow me to still "drive" my car. I feel like with super low cars you can't even beat on them on street roads because of hitting a bump or a slope in the road. I'm not Stage 2 for nothing lol.

I appreciate the help.

Emillionaire90

Ready to race!
So I got everything installed today and the coilovers ride AMAZING. I'm all the way down on the back and left 2 threads up front.

Lowest the front goes without rubbing, I did the fender screw mod and everything... the car is noticeably lower than the H&R Super Sports and the stance is better too.

I'll be posting some pics and a review tomorrow of the new mods.