Votes: 15 24.6%
  • always go 50/50 no matter how much she makes

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • Make her pay more

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

McQueen77

Banned
ok, i just read some thread. so you guys have been dating like, for a while, she makes good money and you always pay? that is straight bullshit.

McQueen77

Banned
at this point she basically expects you to pay which is a total bummer. i'd say this one is donezo. run it's course.. i mean, that is not a girl you want to be with. no keeper material there. i dated a stripper once who paid for everything. she would get pissed if i tried to pay, like the money was burning holes in her pockets.. what pockets? then she would have this russian guy who always had a turtleneck and leather jacket come over to the apartment and deliver blow.. but that was ages ago. so yeah, time to start dating someone else Max, old sport.

JhnR

Banned
ok, i just read some thread. so you guys have been dating like, for a while, she makes good money and you always pay? that is straight bullshit.

this

SuPeR GTi

Go Kart Champion
always pay for the first date. be a gentlemen etc until u get what you want lol. then, its in the air. if shes not at least offering to pay for shit then she needs to be kicked to the curb. gold diggers dont make me want to create a relationship. idc if she makes twice as much as me, im keep my manhood and "act" like i have money. once she gets to know me, my salary shouldnt matter to her. it should be 50/50 no matter how much you or her are making, but realistically ill be happy if i cover 2 out the the 3 times we go out. voted for majority 2/3.

when married though, salaries should be consolidated and used. (but we should always pocket any extra money she wont find out about)
so you wont have to hear her bitch when you say u want exhausts & shit. just gotta hope she wont notice the mod of choice ;)

Last edited:

Merkle

Banned
Pay everything. Chivalry at its best. Even if I was dirt poor I'd still do it.

Yup, women really do appreciate this. Open the car door for them, and pull out a chair for them. But, stop there, it's not 1940 anymore.

As the relationship progresses you will figure it out, me and my g/f now 'fight' over who is going to pay for things.

reelknead1

Go Kart Champion
Some ppl seem to have the mentality that the guy should always pay 100%... not exactly sure why.

If it is a new relationship the guy should pay. Once the relationship is established if the girl is a keeper she will offer to go back and forth for who pays.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Yup, women really do appreciate this. Open the car door for them, and pull out a chair for them. But, stop there, it's not 1940 anymore.

As the relationship progresses you will figure it out, me and my g/f now 'fight' over who is going to pay for things.

Right.

Being married is a LITTLE different. I still pay for things sometimes, but we also have a joint checking account where we've budgeted for eating out :)

Opening doors is a given. :)

Merkle

Banned
Right.

Being married is a LITTLE different. I still pay for things sometimes, but we also have a joint checking account where we've budgeted for eating out :)

Opening doors is a given. :)

You'd be surprised how important this is. Fellas, take note, open those doors!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I always do the doors and use my manners, etc. I also do that in front of my kids, and honestly I've always done that just naturally. It sets a good example for all. I also get my wife food when we are at events, etc, esp when the kids are with us and now moreso that we have an infant with us.

But back to the main issue here, if she makes more than you, and you are just dating, and she expects you to pay for absolutely everything no questions asked - then there is cause for concern (hence this thread), and I'd be suspect of how she would want a husband to act/be down the line. Think : chained to house, never doing anything on your own, never seeing friends, never having a nice car/toys, etc. Just food for thought.

Guys like me, Grambles, and Bowers all have women that even if they don't fully appreciate the car stuff, they support us and what makes us happy as well.

rblgti

Go Kart Champion

No guy does that anymore.

Out of all the guys I've ever dated, only one has ever done that for me. I'll get a few customers every now and then that will do it for me when we go for test drives, but they're usually older gentlemen who always apologize for being "old fashioned" lol

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
No guy does that anymore.

Out of all the guys I've ever dated, only one has ever done that for me. I'll get a few customers every now and then that will do it for me when we go for test drives, but they're usually older gentlemen who always apologize for being "old fashioned" lol

Not true, I do that often.

rblgti

Go Kart Champion
Not true, I do that often.

I actually don't know why I said that...I didn't mean it literally :laugh:

Customers and one guy before did it for me.

They're out there, they're just very hard to find. <--------- What I should have said.