• always go 50/50 no matter how much she makes

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • Make her pay more

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
I actually don't know why I said that...I didn't mean it literally :laugh:

Customers and one guy before did it for me.

They're out there, they're just very hard to find. <--------- What I should have said.

I figured, but I agree with you they are rare.

It's just a force of habit of mine.

Muellebs

Ready to race!
Regardless of the situation I always paid. Granted it was I who had a better paying job and more income than expenses.

Just don't fall into taking someone out like that B who admitted to going on first dates off Craigslist just for the meals. :iono:

GTIJenn1

Go Kart Champion
I swoon over a guy who shows chivalry. My man now opens the door car door for me (well usually only when we're in his truck lol) ALWAYS hold doors for me, walks on the street side of the sidewalk, limited PDA in public, and sits down only after I do. It was the way he was raised and I love him for it!

BUT, we're both college kids. Don't have a ton if money between us since I'm the only one with a job. Both get an allowance from our parents (like teenagers I know but it really helps) and mine is bigger than his, allowance I mean. When we go out either he pays or we go Dutch. He usually never wants me to pay for both of us, which is sweet :)

So it works for us and we are very happy :)

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Well once again... married life/first date(s) are not the questions here. :laugh:

It was more of a it started off right... splitting tabs then turned into you pay for everything, including trips to grocery stores etc. Even if she occasionally chipped in ... say every other time and only 1/2 I think I would be more ok with it.

Muellebs

Ready to race!
Well once again... married life/first date(s) are not the questions here. :laugh:

It was more of a it started off right... splitting tabs then turned into you pay for everything, including trips to grocery stores etc. Even if she occasionally chipped in ... say every other time and only 1/2 I think I would be more ok with it.

I would much rather pay for groceries, that way I get what I want :D
Splitting the tab sometimes isn't bad if you are in a mutual understanding about the monies.

When my then gf "moved out" and I was "staying with her" I preferred grocery shopping. I didn't mind the extra expense, but if its not affordable for you I hope she is understanding and willing to chip in, or pay for her own necessities at least.

McQueen77

Banned
Opening the door for them etc is classy and should be done.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer

Merkle

Banned
All women too. Even those I do not know.

Yup, young and old.

Give the older ladies a nice smile as they walk buy, that's pure gentlemanly shit right there.

Back on point, I had a g/f that was very strange with money, it caused a lot of fights. I wouldn't want to be with someone who expected me to pay for everything. That's just ridiculous.

Dubvee

Go Kart Champion
I am pretty surprised with the majority vote here. You can be nice and chivalrous, but don't put that pussy on a pedestal.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
cant belive i missed this thread. this thing exploded!

I end up paying for everything regardless.

why

Clarification... not first date type scenario.

if it is just dates i guess. but once it dips into a relationship, split or take turns. that's what me and my gf do.

doesn't matter.

pay now or pay later.

get married and you will always be paying.

:laugh:

Pay, and she way pay in other ways, if you know what i mean
this could be the deal breaker. what if shes just trying to get a free meal and or buzz? my gf said she would do this all the time to other dudes when she went on dates. then she would just have them drop her off at home and that was the end of the night.:eek: good thing she didn't pull that shit on me.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion

i dont think enough drinking is involved in your dinners lol. but i will give it to you it isn't easy asking them to chip in. weather your pride is in the way or not. i had a chick that insisted on doing everything for me it was pretty awesome. you just need to find the right Texan lol.